Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-20-2016, 07:39 AM

1,285 posts, read 592,362 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by njquestions View Post
It doesn't matter if they have poor genes or not. If your parents are failures, then you die. That's your parents' fault. BTW, that's how it works in real life, you should check it out some time.
Real life?
Maybe in Somalia

Try western civilization for a change.

Old 12-20-2016, 07:42 AM

3,992 posts, read 2,460,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jman0war View Post
Real life?
Maybe in Somalia

sometimes i really do wonder if many of these right wing posters would prefer to live in places like Somalia with little to no government....

Old 12-20-2016, 07:42 AM

1,850 posts, read 821,195 times
Quote:
Real life?
Maybe in Somalia

Actually, everywhere, not just Somalia. Also in all forms of nature, too. Party of science.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metsfan53 View Post
sometimes i really do wonder if many of these right wing posters would prefer to live in places like Somalia with little to no government....
BTW, liberals hate it when I point out that Somalia is what happens when white Westerners leave. It ruins their meme.

Old 12-20-2016, 07:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by njquestions View Post
Actually, everywhere, not just Somalia. Also in all forms of nature, too. Party of science.

BTW, liberals hate it when I point out that Somalia is what happens when white Westerners leave. It ruins their meme.
Humans have invented this concept called Civilization, where we live in proximity, work toward common cause and we often pool our resources for the betterment of all.

We don't live in the jungle anymore, in a dog eat dog environment.
Infact, we haven't done that for probably a million years.

Old 12-20-2016, 07:48 AM

Quote:
Humans have invented this concept called Civilization, where we live in proximity, work toward common cause and we often pool our resources for the betterment of all.

We don't live in the jungle anymore, in a dog eat dog environment.
Infact, we haven't done that for probably a million years.
Actually, we invented civilization and then a few thousand years later liberals needed help surviving.

Old 12-20-2016, 07:48 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,627,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metsfan53 View Post
The US boomed for nearly a hundred and fifty years with small government.

Old 12-20-2016, 07:50 AM

17,077 posts, read 13,376,228 times
I am explaining my situation, because it's illustrative of a huge problem in the way we make insurance available and affordable. Because insurance for most people is employer-subsidized, it creates a vulnerability to coverage interruption that can set off a chain of events that leads someone diagnosed with a pre-existing condition to be denied future coverage when their employment status changes. This is a situation faced by nearly every working person multiple times over the course of a career. The ACA pre-existing conditions clause prevents insurance companies from playing these kinds of games, which is why I am very worried about it being overturned. Let me be very clear: I can afford my COBRA payment for the length of time it is available to me, which is eighteen months. That is enough time for me to complete my treatment protocol and hopefully be in long-term remission before I must obtain a new policy. At that point, the newest administration will have had plenty of time to deconstruct the ACA and put a new plan in place, and who the hell knows what that's going to look like. I'm anxious about it, not just for me, but for everyone. We have a dysfunctional health care system in this country, and the major concern at least as far as this thread indicates seems to be freaking birth control!

Old 12-20-2016, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
The ACA pre-existing conditions clause prevents insurance companies from playing these kinds of games
Actually, since the stated purpose of the ACA was to get people who were UN-insured insurance (that's if you believe Obama, LMAO), then the vast majority of people were not these people who were just randomly in between jobs for one month and happened to not be able to afford COBRA. It was people who were never insured and who were already sick and were being given "insurance" (which it's not really, since the condition already had occurred).

However, like many Americans, the only thing you care about is not whether something is right or wrong but "will I personally benefit??" If so, then you are all for it.

Old 12-20-2016, 07:57 AM

So your whole 'philosophy' to use the term liberally; is that dog-eat-dog, competitive, survival of the fittest is Good, that we should all aspire to, and that's how we should run a country.

Old 12-20-2016, 07:59 AM

Quote:
So your whole 'philosophy' to use the term liberally; is that dog-eat-dog, competitive, survival of the fittest is Good, that we should all aspire to, and that's how we should run a country.
Pretty much.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies