Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-20-2016, 11:41 AM

15,866 posts, read 21,449,188 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by njquestions View Post
Nope, I buy my own. Oh, and before someone starts screaming "Obamacare!!" you can buy your own healthcare insurance outside of Obamacare and you always could.
No, the people impacted by the topic of this thread could not.

Old 12-20-2016, 11:43 AM

1,850 posts, read 821,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jman0war View Post
But why would there not be enough doctors to begin with?

How could there be a shortage of doctors compared to other 1st world industrialized nations when the privatized for-profit system is supposedly so great?

Shouldn't the market forces be attracting doctors here from every corner of the globe?

Is this more cartelism?
Actually, there isn't a shortage of doctors "compared to other 1st world industrialized nations." That's just you randomly making things up (as usual). Also, this isn't a "privatized for-profit system," which is also you just making things up (as usual). In fact, in the UK, which is a nationalized system, there were so few physicians they had to import foreigners to do the work, a practice they sharply curtailed when some of the Muslim physicians started killing people, as you recall. Also, many foreigners come to America for training, so as is the case with everything, America is supporting the world.

Old 12-20-2016, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
No, the people impacted by the topic of this thread could not.
No, they could. They just didn't want to pay the rates they were supposed to.

Old 12-20-2016, 11:46 AM

17,077 posts, read 13,376,228 times
Quote:
Nope, I buy my own. Oh, and before someone starts screaming "Obamacare!!" you can buy your own healthcare insurance outside of Obamacare and you always could.
Then why did you state earlier in the thread that you paid COBRA and found it affordable? Something is not adding up here. Please explain.

Old 12-20-2016, 11:50 AM

1,285 posts, read 592,362 times
Quote:
Actually, there isn't a shortage of doctors "compared to other 1st world industrialized nations." That's just you randomly making things up (as usual). Also, this isn't a "privatized for-profit system," which is also you just making things up (as usual). In fact, in the UK, which is a nationalized system, there were so few physicians they had to import foreigners to do the work, a practice they sharply curtailed when some of the Muslim physicians started killing people, as you recall. Also, many foreigners come to America for training, so as is the case with everything, America is supporting the world.
the UK don't have to import doctors from anywhere.
They are part of the largest block of free movement of labor in the world.
Should they choose to hire workers outside of the EU that is their own choice, perhaps to drive down labor costs?

Regarding USA.
Of course, you are per usual talking nothing but rubbish as statistics plainly show that the US has fewer doctors per capita compared to the best HC systems of the world.
But facts of course, mean nothing to ideologues.

Old 12-20-2016, 11:52 AM

1,285 posts, read 592,362 times
Still waiting for njquestions to provide evidence of his assertion that US consumers pay higher drug prices in order to subsidize R&D, rather than going to shareholder payouts

Old 12-20-2016, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
Then why did you state earlier in the thread that you paid COBRA and found it affordable? Something is not adding up here. Please explain.
Because I've changed jobs more than once in my life. Is that really tough to figure out? Also, this might make you extremely excited, I've spent time being uninsured for years at a time. And somehow I lived! Isn't that amazing? I did the impossible.

Old 12-20-2016, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jman0war View Post
Still waiting for njquestions to provide evidence of his assertion that US consumers pay higher drug prices in order to subsidize R&D, rather than going to shareholder payouts
What's wrong, mad that yet another one of your arguments collapsed, like all the others before it?

Old 12-20-2016, 12:03 PM

17,077 posts, read 13,376,228 times
Quote:
Because I've changed jobs more than once in my life. Is that really tough to figure out? Also, this might make you extremely excited, I've spent time being uninsured for years at a time. And somehow I lived! Isn't that amazing? I did the impossible.
Good for you. Count your blessings that you have never encountered a health crisis while uninsured. It can wipe you out.

Old 12-20-2016, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
Good for you. Count your blessings that you have never encountered a health crisis while uninsured. It can wipe you out.
Sure, but the reality is the odds are against it. That's the hilarious part about liberals. They act like death is just around the corner (meaning, for people not in their 70s), even for a 25 year old or a 10 year old. The statistical odds of that happening are virtually zero, but it's always "omg, without insurance, you'll definitely get sick and die!" No, actually, you probably won't. Most likely nothing will happen and you'll live. So, yes, someone might get a heart attack at age 38, but the odds are extremely against that. It's why liberals don't grasp insurance and actuarial tables and think "OMG, these rates are unfair!" No, they're not. They're math.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies