Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-29-2016, 02:16 PM

13,711 posts, read 9,231,974 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyp25 View Post
Im down. Lock up the communist leftists burning the flag in our streets. If you don't like America? Get the hell out. Go to China or Cuba...

Quote:
https://www.collinsflags.com/blog/fl...-american-flag

When an American flag becomes worn, faded, torn or soiled, it should be retired and replaced with a new flag. There are several ways to respectfully dispose of the American flag without showing disgrace. The most commom method is burning the torn or tattered flag in a special ceremony.
Hmm..... This is going to be awkward.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2016, 02:16 PM

59,029 posts, read 27,298,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NxtGen View Post
For the love of sanity!!! Educate yourself people!

Worshiping the stupid flag is NOT American. If you can honestly state that people should be arrested or deported because they did not show a piece of cloth some ritualistic respect, then you are absolutely clueless as what it means to be American, what the Constitution is, what this country was founded on and what liberty means!

Seriously, people are just as bad as the Obama idiots who also didn't know their head from their arse as it concerned this countries founding principals. I hope people realize that it is nationalism to which promotes adherence to such things and nationalism is not in line with what this country was designed to be. It is not this country to which we hold dear, it is liberty, it is the right for people to be free of government tyranny, of dictation and oppression and yet here some people are actually wanting to use government to force submission to it?

Have people lost their damn mind?
"Worshiping the stupid flag is NOT American."

All the warmth and charm of an unflushed toilet!

Old 11-29-2016, 02:20 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,020,171 times
Oh Trump, supporting the US Flag illegally since 2008

Jason Riley-The Colbert Report - Video Clip | Comedy Central

"I don't know what the 13 stripes represent." - Donald Trump

I really hope the president elect has since learned a thing or two about our flag.

Old 11-29-2016, 02:22 PM

14,945 posts, read 12,143,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
Just because he tweets it doesn't mean it will happen. However.... I do often think those who think this is such a awful country should go live in another one for a year. I lived in Germany for a spell, it was amazing some of the rules they had that curtailed freedoms that we just for granted over here.
Exactly, as the linked article points out, flag is protected under the Constitution as free speech, as onerous as the act is, IMO.

But Trump's comments sure do give those inclined another opportunity to rant and rave all sorts of nonsense about the man, don't they?

Old 11-29-2016, 02:25 PM

12,275 posts, read 7,138,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
I should be able to burn my own flag if I want, but not anyone else's. Trump does not respect private property.
Exactly. Simple and fair, done deal.

Old 11-29-2016, 02:28 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,611,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
Oh Trump, supporting the US Flag illegally since 2008

Jason Riley-The Colbert Report - Video Clip | Comedy Central

"I don't know what the 13 stripes represent." - Donald Trump

I really hope the president elect has since learned a thing or two about our flag.
Don't blame me, I didn't vote for Trump.

Side note, when I typed "I didn't vote f" my iPhone autocompleted to "for Trump".

Old 11-29-2016, 02:29 PM

3,221 posts, read 1,737,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
He isn't even in office. What, precisely, is he trying to distract from right now?
Apologies for missing your first post asking me this, I didn't review the post history carefully.

For starters, his cabinet nominations (which get scarier by the day) and potential conflicts of interests. And up until this point, he effectively used these tactics to avoid ever articulating coherent policy positions or engaging in any sort of substantive debate.

What have past candidates done that makes you think he isn't different/unique in this regard? Because, in his case, we have tons of examples. He tells so many lies that it's impossible to keep track, I don't see any reason why this trend won't continue when he is, in fact, in office.

Old 11-29-2016, 02:31 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,253,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
Lefties always want Trump to delete his Twitter .. they are not for free speech
His supporters OUGHT to want him to delete his Twitter. He sounds like a crazy person.

Old 11-29-2016, 02:32 PM

4,279 posts, read 1,903,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"Worshiping the stupid flag is NOT American."

All the warmth and charm of an unflushed toilet!
Do you need a safe space? Do you need me to put it in nice comfort words so your delicate senses can digest it?

Ok, I will there my little sensitive flower.

You see, the flag is simply an object. Your liberty, your freedom is your own and no symbol or position of power of man allows you it. You are a sovereign individual, you are not a subject to a person, state, or people. You do not require anyones approval or liege to live as you will. This is what it means to be free, to be an American and no amount of worshiping a piece of cloth or standing at attention or salute will make you any more sovereign than you are. In fact, to demand someone do so is to disregard their sovereignty, to disregard their individual liberty. You see... to claim one owes their "freedom", their "liberty" to a flag or a state is to essentially claim that they are gifted such by that power, something that is at complete odds with the very preamble to which states that these "freedoms", these "liberties" are inalienable, God given and outside of the legitimate powers of man.

Is that good enough for your delicate senses or do I need to mail you a cloth with pretty pictures so you can stand at attention saluting it so you can feel better about yourself? Maybe, we can throw gang signs and you can go on about how you feel like you are part of a group? Heck, why not just become a progressive, they sure love to talk about forced collectives and group think?

Am I being too harsh on you there buttercup?

Old 11-29-2016, 02:32 PM

2,405 posts, read 1,445,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelassie View Post
Exactly, as the linked article points out, flag is protected under the Constitution as free speech, as onerous as the act is, IMO. But Trump's comments sure do give those inclined another opportunity to rant and rave all sorts of nonsense about the man, don't they?
Nonsense?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies