Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2016, 08:56 AM

20,550 posts, read 17,710,630 times

Advertisements

Right now this is all speculation until the facts are identified. Remember the Michael Brown shooting, they all thought the cop shot him with his hands up which many so called witnesses claimed. Then evidence came in that Michael Brown was caught on video beating and robbing a nearby store which the cop that came found him that matched the description.

I do know that I tend to get a bit of road rage sometimes but I wouldn't shoot someone unless I felt I was being threatened. So I suspect there is conflict between the 2, we just don't know yet.

One does not walk up to a road rage driver unless he is going to confront him with a verbal or physical assault.

If the guy came up to me and threatens me, I might have to shoot him if he tries to break my car window or door.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2016, 09:00 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,621,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southside89 View Post
Here are the facts:

People were unhappy with JPSO's action during the initial investigation. It's always easier to go back and do something than go back and undo something. That was the proper course of action.
Where are the facts?

Give us the exact facts of the case since you believe you know them.

Old 12-06-2016, 09:09 AM

135 posts, read 93,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridanative10 View Post
Exactly. Why do all these black lives matter protests always start with absolute and utter lies. Michael brown was just a good kid walking down the street with his hands up , an absolute lie. Every one of these protests starts with some criminal, every one. Many of them violent criminals and on drugs?

This one is an athlete but this whole thing started with another absolute lie that he was shot while apologizing and on the ground? A complete lie

Why is it always the microscopically small white on black shootings that stir protests , between 90-93% of the murders of black males were at the hands of other black males but no protests ? only with the microscopic killing of black males by whites or the police.

Despite making up just 13% of the population, blacks committed half of homicides in the United States for nearly 30 years.
The black people who aren't killing each other are the ones protesting black lives matter. How is it fair to shame the ones protesting because of the ones that kill each other? We can't stand on every rough neighborhood and wait for a murder to happen to prevent it. But what we can do is start a positive movement and stand together against injustices and pray that the ones killing each other will come to their senses and join the quest for change.

Old 12-06-2016, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Where are the facts?

Give us the exact facts of the case since you believe you know them.
According to the media outlets:

The victim was trying to apologize.
A witness saw him try to apologize.
The victim did not have a weapon.
No weapon was found in the victim vehicle.

The perpetrator shot the victim multiple times.
The perpetrator stood over the victim, shot him again and said "I told you don't f**k with me".
The perpetrator had a weapon in hand when cops arrive.
The perpetrator stayed on scene and was allowed to turn his weapon over to the cops.
The perpetrator was released from jail without being charged with anything.

I am dying to read someone justify this. What? We should wait to all the evidence comes out? WHAT MORE DO YOU NEED? Any threat, if he was being threatened, may have been imposed on the perpetrator was neutralized once the victim began to apologize. According to the media outlets, the witnesses confirmed this. There was no threat when the perpetrator stood over the victim, after shooting him, and shot him again.

Go ahead, tell me this is fair.

Old 12-06-2016, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
Right now this is all speculation until the facts are identified. Remember the Michael Brown shooting, they all thought the cop shot him with his hands up which many so called witnesses claimed. Then evidence came in that Michael Brown was caught on video beating and robbing a nearby store which the cop that came found him that matched the description.

I do know that I tend to get a bit of road rage sometimes but I wouldn't shoot someone unless I felt I was being threatened. So I suspect there is conflict between the 2, we just don't know yet.

One does not walk up to a road rage driver unless he is going to confront him with a verbal or physical assault.

If the guy came up to me and threatens me, I might have to shoot him if he tries to break my car window or door.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hiQBjdHvrsQ

Old 12-06-2016, 09:38 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,621,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southside89 View Post
According to the media outlets:

The victim was trying to apologize.
A witness saw him try to apologize.
The victim did not have a weapon.
No weapon was found in the victim vehicle.

The perpetrator shot the victim multiple times.
The perpetrator stood over the victim, shot him again and said "I told you don't f**k with me".
The perpetrator had a weapon in hand when cops arrive.
The perpetrator stayed on scene and was allowed to turn his weapon over to the cops.
The perpetrator was released from jail without being charged with anything.

I am dying to read someone justify this. What? We should wait to all the evidence comes out? WHAT MORE DO YOU NEED? Any threat, if he was being threatened, may have been imposed on the perpetrator was neutralized once the victim began to apologize. According to the media outlets, the witnesses confirmed this. There was no threat when the perpetrator stood over the victim, after shooting him, and shot him again.

Go ahead, tell me this is fair.
Let's start with the first one.

Are you saying it is a FACT that McKnight was apologizing?

Old 12-06-2016, 09:46 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,389,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
He could have been calling him a dirty so and so but that doesn't give you an excuse to shoot him.

I believe that LA has a carjacking law that covers this.

Old 12-06-2016, 10:02 AM

25,578 posts, read 17,293,027 times
People carry on as if Joe McKnight was the last chance for world peace.

Fact is, if he had finished college and gone to work he probably would have been too busy to be out driving around on an ordinary Thursday and would not have started the altercation which cost him his life.

What happened was a tragedy. And it had 2 participants.
Glasser was carrying a gun and it's going to cost him a whole lot more than it saved him. Not the first time I've seen that.

Old 12-06-2016, 10:31 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,892,870 times
Gasser has been arrested and charged with manslaughter.

Authorities say all shots were fired from within the car.

Probably a Stand your Ground defense will be used.

Last edited by whogo; 12-06-2016 at 10:40 AM..

Old 12-06-2016, 10:35 AM

2,339 posts, read 2,071,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitey View Post
He's not off the hook yet; investigation is still ongoing and he could still be charged.

And you know the traffic situation would have allowed him to drive off because... ??
He had zero justification for pointing a gun and pulling the trigger, no matter what the guy was yelling, what kind of hee haw sh1t is this? Is this the way it is in the southern US?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies