Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-06-2017, 06:21 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,433,247 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
613 miles of 700 completed, which is nearly 90%. Feel free to call is "barely started". First you said it was not built at all, so I guess your view is evolving
According to Ponderosa, only a few miles were completed. The rest was just window dressing.

A few miles -- not built at all -- pretty much the same thing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2017, 06:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vacanegro View Post
Okay great for your xeno um, I mean immigration worries.

Now how about that 7 trillion (projected) deficit budget ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KUVozPaCLXw

So much for fiscal responsibility.
So your "argument" is to call names and then change the subject?

Not very convincing.

And I'm sure the dolt with the sign is full of bs.

Old 01-06-2017, 06:23 AM

39,073 posts, read 51,205,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
When it crosses into Mexico from anywhere, it gets taxed. That shouldn't be a problem.

They don't bother because it's not mandatory.

When it is mandatory, they will bother.

Of course there aren't. Americans don't want to get paid what illegals get paid.

No one but people disloyal to this country, its citizens and its laws wants illegals to stay here lowering wages for Americans, taking their jobs, and burdening our schools, prisons and hospitals.
Oh good grief. You get more absurd with every post. We can't tell the rest of the world to tax transfers into Mexico. E-verify is mandatory in Arizona. There is a death penalty for companies knowingly hiring illegals. They don't care/don't enforce it because the homebuilders need workers and the homebuilders run the government. On the other hand, everify has worked well in the fast food, restaurant, and retail sectors.

Old 01-06-2017, 06:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post
So any corporation sending funds to its Mexican subsidies will be taxed, that is a good idea. It will never happen.
How do you know?

Quote:
Mandatory E-verify is the law of the land.
No, it isn't.

Your claim that mandatory E-Verify is the law of the land is just another example of "immigrant" apologists not knowing what they're talking about.

Old 01-06-2017, 06:26 AM

15,706 posts, read 11,769,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
Not really a shock to people with common sense, but this is a humiliating defeat after months of chest pounding and heated rhetoric for extremists who worship Trump.

For future reference, we dont have the authority to force a sovereign country to pay for anything. Welcome to the world.

Sources: Trump will ask Congress, not Mexico, to pay for border wall - CNNPolitics.com
Trump cultists don't care. They'll happily do what ever Dear Leader wants them to do.

Old 01-06-2017, 06:28 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,502,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cachibatches View Post

I repped Pknopp though for the excellent point that CNN can no longer be considered a legit news agency and anything they report resembling the truth is merely a coincidence. Since this comes out of CNN, I have to think that maybe Mexico might build the wall. If they reported that the Juarez desert was dry, I might wonder at what tasty fish might be extracted from it.

If someone started a thread with this from Fox, I'm sure someone else would call it fake news or an illegitimate news source:

"But whatever steps might be taken without Congress' approval would be likely to fall short of the extravagant new wall on the border that Trump repeatedly said Mexico would pay for."

Trump may pursue border wall without new bill | Fox News

Old 01-06-2017, 06:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
As an independent, this irritates me most about the GOP. They keep harping about the Dems spending, and EVERY TIME they are in power they spend the same, or more.
Wrong.

Bush increased the national debt by $5 trillion.

Obama has increased it by $11 trillion and counting.

Old 01-06-2017, 06:30 AM

88,972 posts, read 44,788,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bob1094 View Post
your average trump supporter is a 50-70 year old white male with little education and has shown no interest in politics there entire life.
Oh, PLEASE let the DNC run on that "belief" in 2018 and forward! Maybe call GOP voters "deplorables" again. That'll work, for sure!

Old 01-06-2017, 06:30 AM

6,417 posts, read 1,429,027 times
Who cares? I would not only support paying for the wall with some of my taxes, I would help build it!!

Our taxes now, for those of us that work, go to some people living off the system, and many of them are illegal immigrants.

Old 01-06-2017, 06:32 AM

13,648 posts, read 20,769,591 times
Well if Canada wanted to build a wall on their border with us, that would be their right. But damned if I would foot the bill.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies