Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-29-2017, 01:31 PM

5,438 posts, read 5,946,602 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
Ummm...we are still talking about Muhammad too. And the Torah is alive and well too. People still practice Buddhism, Taoism, Paganism as well.
But you can't stop talking about Jesus, though He left earth 2000 yrs ago. You unbelievers can't do away with Him.

Old 03-29-2017, 01:31 PM

7,447 posts, read 2,835,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post
The Bible was here on earth when you were born and it will still be here when you're dead and gone. Will you people ever learn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
Torah has been here since long before the Bible.
It is just rapid fire fallacious arguments from this guy... as if the age of a piece of writing had any impact on its veracity. The one true religion is now whatever the first caveman scribblings are because they have been around the longest.

Quote:
But you can't stop talking about Jesus, though He left earth 2000 yrs ago. You unbelievers can't do away with Him.
Suffice to say I now understand why you were so disparaging of critical thought earlier in the thread.

Old 03-29-2017, 01:33 PM

5,438 posts, read 5,946,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Just like a zombie.
You unbelievers are the zombies, walking right off the cliff.

Old 03-29-2017, 01:33 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,215,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gallowsCalibrator View Post
... So they've always been easy?

Either way, I doubt that his course work had been too difficult when he's taking a Middle Eastern Humanities class at a small liberal arts college.

Annnyyways.

So a kid who took a Middle Eastern Humanities class in college got a failing grade on an essay regarding an objective analysis regarding historical accounts of Jesus's crucifixion. His response was to throw a massive hissy fit and resort to name-calling, legal threats, etc in a literal essay of an email. Then confront her in person to "discuss" it. While the copy of the email posted in the link doesn't sound physically threatening, there's also no confirming that it has not been altered in any way before being posted.

Regardless of her faults, he comes off as a whiny, entitled, spoiled brat.

There are always 3 sides to a story. Side A, Side B, and the truth somewhere in the middle. Since neither the dean nor the teacher have actually given their sides of the story, all we have is the one side... but from reading the verbiage in his email, it's probably a case of a student being disruptive and rude in class and teacher who is fed up with bratty babies being disruptive and rude in her class. Leading to situations in which both sides clashed to the detriment of the classroom.

So, based on the information we do have, the Dean made the right call to remove him from the classroom since it was a single student and a single teacher. Had it been the entire classroom against the teacher, then likely the teacher would have been removed.

As for the huge suspension from the campus and all that? Still to be determined as we are still missing information. But it is interesting to note that the suspension letter did not just include the teacher's name, but also included the name of another student (Sarah Ismail). If he is as innocent as he says he is, why is another student listed here?

On the flipside...

If you check out the Facebook post linked in the articles. The one from the teacher? It's literally filled with death threats, rape threats, and all sorts of deplorable comments. And if you check the profiles of these posters? Many of them claim to be Christian. Is wishing these kinds of things on someone really acceptable in Christianity?

Because if it is, then how is it different from the religion they are attacking?
Gimme a break.

How would you know how tough the coursework is? There are excellent small liberal arts colleges all over this country that produce highly successful people!

What are you? Some guy that took rigorous coursework in Field Theory and now you're here to denigrate everyone that isn't brilliant like you?

Lol...the first part DEFINITELY isn't the case.
Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
Well, there is Truth and then there are truths, according to many. Of course there would be denials among Jews about who Jesus was. Just like some denominations say Catholics aren't 'real' Christians, or some other denominations aren't. It takes spiritual understanding of what is, what is not True.

Yes, I hear you. You believe faith is based on religious teachings. Christianity is not. It is a personal relationship with the Lord. Religious teachings, for many, may be a step to it, but it's still like walking in the dark in the wilderness. At some point there's a light that goes on and one understands and is changed forever. That is real faith.

I'm sorry you miss the key in this. But, keep talking and thinking and debating.
This is simple. Your omniscient God knows that I'm a Doubting Thomas. He could simply come down and perform a few miracles for me. After all, he made man with the ability to doubt, didn't he? He should hardly blame me for using the sagacity that he gave me the ability to use!!

Old 03-29-2017, 01:34 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,565,470 times
Quote:
You unbelievers are the zombies, walking right off the cliff.
So you admit he's a zombie. That's what happens when someone rises from the dead, they're a zombie now.

Old 03-29-2017, 01:36 PM

7,447 posts, read 2,835,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
So you admit he's a zombie. That's what happens when someone rises from the dead, they're a zombie now.
Feasting on the rational parts of the brains of the true believers.

Old 03-29-2017, 01:40 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,943,456 times
Quote:
Torah has been here since long before the Bible.
You mean the book that people are always asking Christians to answer to? I can't believe how many times I get the............. but, Abraham story. Seems Christians stand by Jews and explain the Torah (OT) more than the Jewish people on here are willing to do for Christians. I remember when President Obama accused Christians of Leviticus, amazing how silent your side was in letting Christians take the heat. Yet, just who are the biggest supporters and donators to Israel.

It's uncalled for, for teachers, professors and the government to include their version of religions upon the people. They need to stay out of asking questions or presenting parts of the Bible that no one can prove or give an answer to please everyone.

Old 03-29-2017, 01:43 PM

3,538 posts, read 1,328,867 times
they were basically debating about comic books.

Old 03-29-2017, 01:44 PM

8,323 posts, read 15,173,018 times
Quote:
Well, Yom Kippur is a day of atonement. You wouldn't.
Last I checked, Ash Wednesday is supposed to be about fasting, reflection repentance, etc, etc. Similar to Yom Kippur.

Hence the comparison.

Quote:
But you must not have many Jewish friends on Facebook if you don't see the Purim photos. :P
... I am Jewish.

Purim is supposed to be loud, boisterous, and fun. It's not a day of repentance and atonement.

Old 03-29-2017, 01:46 PM

22,974 posts, read 27,020,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
I don't need to believe in those miracles as fact in order to believe that Jesus existed, made huge changes in our world and had an important message to share.
The thing is "miracles"(for lack of a better word) do in fact happen and have even in modern times. Such things that are totally unexplainable by science or medicine happen all the time. People have been clinically dead and come back to life have occurred in recent history. People who've had terminal diseases have in fact been cured and all traces of said disease have disappeared without any explainable medical reason.
Given that, and given the times and belief systems that were in place at the time the different sections of the bible were written, everything written is in fact possible although one has to look at it in the context of the time and also take into account the possibility that there's "something" out there that's (bigger) different than us mere mortals.

Or, one can believe that we on this planet are the only life that exists as far as any galaxy goes (as in infinity).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies