Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-05-2017, 10:30 PM

3,564 posts, read 1,922,182 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
5.6 million people INTERNATIONALLY!

How about saving some Americans first?
Why?
Americans are, in large part, less in need of being saved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxxxxxxxxxxx View Post
You know if all the liberals pool their money together, they can solve real problems without increasing taxes.

Actions speak louder than words. Do what you say and show us you can put your money where your mouth is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxxxxxxxx View Post
They enjoy pooling OTHER FOLKS money far more.
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxxxxxxxx View Post
Because Liberals wanna spend everyone else's money, not theirs.
So clueless these types of posts
If "liberals", whatever the hell a liberal is, want tax money to pay for a program, then liberal's tax money is going to the program. They are pooling their money and they are putting their money where their mouths are.

Last edited by CBeisbol; 05-05-2017 at 10:53 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2017, 10:46 PM

89,006 posts, read 44,813,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Why aren't you also calling for rich conservatives to pool their money and contribute to and coddle the MIC they love so much? Would that be too much like looking at both sides of the coin?
That makes no sense. The rich Dem hawks love the MIC just as much: the Clintons, Obama, etc... they're warmongers.

Old 05-05-2017, 10:49 PM

12,638 posts, read 8,953,334 times
Liberals are only generous with other people's money.

Old 05-05-2017, 10:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
Spot on. Really, this country is so completely split. I would love to have blue states operate independently of red states.
Many people would love that. California has 34% of the US Welfare population. Let California fund that without Federal aid.

Old 05-05-2017, 10:51 PM

10,531 posts, read 6,164,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBeisbol View Post
Why?
Americans are, in large part, less in need of being saved

So clueless these types of posts
If "liberals", whatever the hell a liberal is, want tax money to pay for a program, then liberal's tax money is going to the program. They are pooling their money and they are putting their money where their mouths are.
It cracks me up the way a lot of people on here use the word 'liberals' as though it's to be taken as some kind of insult. It's not an insult at all.
Liberal means open minded to new ideas, behaviour and opinions and broadening ones general knowledge and experience.
Who wouldn't want that? It's very odd to me. What you are saying when you use the word against someone is that you are the opposite of all those things.

I also have to laugh at the way they all use the new buzzword 'snowflake' as an insult, when it's actually about the least offensive word in the dictionary.

Old 05-05-2017, 11:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBeisbol View Post
You mean by doing something like creating government programs, paid for by taxes, that address those issues? Hmm...

Unsurprisingly, given the current state of politics, the general public's ability to discuss politics, and, it appears, this specific forum, your idea doesn't seem very well thought out.

First of all, as my first sentence alluded to, liberals do want to pool money together to pay for "ideas" such as health care, refugees, illegal immigrants, equal pay, etc.
No, they don't. Look at all the balking in the other thread about implementing a 25% national VAT tax to fund single payer health care for all.

Old 05-05-2017, 11:18 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,710,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruithne View Post
It cracks me up the way a lot of people on here use the word 'liberals' as though it's to be taken as some kind of insult. It's not an insult at all.
Liberal means open minded to new ideas, behaviour and opinions and broadening ones general knowledge and experience.
Who wouldn't want that? It's very odd to me. What you are saying when you use the word against someone is that you are the opposite of all those things.

I also have to laugh at the way they all use the new buzzword 'snowflake' as an insult, when it's actually about the least offensive word in the dictionary.
I have absolutely no problem with the term liberal. Here is how Kennedy defines a liberal.

Quote by John F. Kennedy:

And I'll take liberal policies over conservative ones every time. I just don't want to pay for conservatives.

Old 05-05-2017, 11:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
It does if you are a blue state that doesn't want to absorb the costs of red state refugees.
That's actually pretty funny. Blacks and others are fleeing blue states to live in red states.

Many U.S. Blacks Moving to South for Better Opportunities - NY Times

Why a lot of people are moving out of California - CNN - Nov. 4, 2016

Old 05-05-2017, 11:24 PM

3,564 posts, read 1,922,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
No, they don't. Look at all the balking in the other thread about implementing a 25% national VAT tax to fund single payer health care for all.
The balking is over your math

Old 05-05-2017, 11:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewjdeg View Post
Why don't we have all Trump supporters pay taxes to JP Morgan and Goldman Sachs instead of the government. We'll totally cut them off and they'll be slaves to the corporations.
Won't work. Here's why...

Quote:
"Can you name the biggest American investor? No, it's not Warren Buffett; as a matter of fact, it is not a person. It is CalPERS, the California Public Employees' Retirement System"...

Exxon
General Electric
Microsoft
Citigroup
Bank of America
Johnson & Johnson
Wal-Mart
Pfizer
Proctor & Gamble
JP Morgan Chase
The Ten Largest Holding of CalPERS, the Biggest U.S. Investor

Are California public employee union members more likely to be Dem voters or Republican voters? See what I mean?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies