Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-26-2017, 10:53 AM

4,067 posts, read 2,275,225 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
American Evangelicals in this country created and supported the law in Uganda that called for exterminating gay people. Lots of "Christians" have called for blowing up abortion clinics. Lots of "Christians" want to blow up the Middle East to eradicate Muslims and brown people.

Most Christians in this country behave nothing like Christ and haven't the foggiest clue what's in the Bible.
ANYONE blowing up a clinic is NOT A CHRISTIAN. Why is that you all can separate Muslims from Muslim Extremists yet you lump crazy religious people all together as Christians?!?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2017, 10:53 AM

7,800 posts, read 10,111,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SandraMoore66 View Post
It's hard to have a decent conversation with you when you seriously believe Muslims have no power here.
Also, I think and this goes for a lot of posters on this thread...just because you don't hear or see acts of terrorism in the US DOES NOT mean it's not here. We see a pin prick of what goes on behind the scenes. It is mind blowing how many acts are stopped and no one will ever know about it.
Muslims control the government now? Is that the new incarnation of the old neo-Nazi myth about how the Jewish supposedly control the government?

You seem confused, we're a theocracy alright ... a Christian theocracy. Not an Islamic state.

Old 06-26-2017, 10:55 AM

15,706 posts, read 11,780,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
Americans created a law to kill gay people? Really? Link please?
Google the "Kill the gays" bill in Uganda. It was designed, lobbied in Congress, and supported by American evangelicals and groups like Family Research Council.

Quote:
As for wanting to blow up the middle east? When in war, that's what we do. We drop bombs and defend ourselves by killing those that try to kill us.
Jesus never supported war or dropping bombs on innocent people. He opposed all fighting and weapons.

Old 06-26-2017, 10:56 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,805,597 times
all of this is a "bright shining object" to keep us from thinking bout the terrorism of a drug epidemic that is killing hundreds a day despite our "War on Drugs".

Old 06-26-2017, 10:57 AM

16,352 posts, read 8,101,791 times
Quote:
Google the "Kill the gays" bill in Uganda. It was designed, lobbied in Congress, and supported by American evangelicals and groups like Family Research Council.

Jesus never supported war or dropping bombs on innocent people. He opposed all fighting and weapons.
Well, he broke bad on the money changers in the temple.

Old 06-26-2017, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandraMoore66 View Post
ANYONE blowing up a clinic is NOT A CHRISTIAN.
And many will say anyone blowing up a concert are Not Muslim. People manipulate religion to justify any action.

Quote:
Why is that you all can separate Muslims from Muslim Extremists yet you lump crazy religious people all together as Christians?!?
I did no such thing. Try reading the context of my post and who I was responding to. I don't believe Christian terrorists are behaving like Christians. I don't think most of the people in this country, despite claiming to be Christian, actually behave like one.

I'm a Messianic Jew, and I stand by Gandhi's sentiment: "I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. They are nothing like your Christ."

Old 06-26-2017, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by r small View Post
Well, he broke bad on the money changers in the temple.
Did he? How so? Calling them out on their greed and evil isn't going into the temple and gunning them all down.

Old 06-26-2017, 11:00 AM

30,274 posts, read 23,751,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WIHS2006 View Post
As far as I am concerned they are one and the same. They just call their God something different. Posters on this forum are always screaming about how Muslims want to impose Sharia law on us, but what about all the Talibangelicals who are always trying to impose their fundamentalist brand of Christianity on us? Posters are always babbling about how the Koran says this or that ... but what about the Christian fundamentalists like Ted Cruz who think that the Bible should dictate government policy?

Goldwater was right. The American Right has been hijacked by Christian fundamentalists.
Please list all of the people murdered in the last 100 years by the "religious right".

Please list all videos by the "religious right" that shows beheadings.

Please list all of the bombings on innocent people by the "religious right".

Please list all "religious right" who said that the kids in the Manchester bombing "deserved it".

Please list all of the hijackings of planes done by the "religious right".

Please list all of the "work place violence" by the "religious right".

Please list all of the buildings taken down by the "religious right".

Please list all of the stabbings by the "religious right".

Please list all of the rapes by the "religious right".

Please list all of the countries that the "religious right" have invaded and demanded that everyone convert or be beaten or killed if they don't.

Please list all of the suicide bombings by the "religious right".

Please list every time someone on the "religious right" committed a crime right after screaming that it was in God's name.

Please tell us who, exactly, is the "religious right".

Is it racist to hate the "religious right" as the left claims it's 'racist' to despise Islam and/or Muslims?

What race are the "reglious right". Are there any "religious left"? Is it only "the right" who is religious?

Please provide excerpts of text from the "religous right" where a leader stood up and said that those who don't convert will be killed. No, not "life after death" judgements, I mean by other humans.

Please provide evidence where the "religious right" makes females stay at home, cover up in big, black blankets from head to foot, won't allow them to vote, won't allow them to drive, won't allow them to walk alone, will mutilate them, and treats them like cattle.

Please point out how many terror attacks we've had from the "religious right" during the past 2 months. We can then compare it to the Ramadan Bombathon numbers.

Old 06-26-2017, 11:02 AM

30,274 posts, read 23,751,941 times
Quote:
Please enlighten me then on where their power is? They make up less than 1% of the population. They're practically non-existent in government positions. They have no filthy rich lobbying forces getting Congress to pass laws in their favor.

What power do Muslims have in this country?

This is true, but I also posted links to articles showing that the majority of terrorism in this country is by right-wing extremists and Islamic terror attacks are far more likely to be stopped than right-wing terrorism.

Yet Republicans/Conservatives don't put any effort into combating right-wing extremism on their own side.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_lCrccZG3o

Ask that question again.

Old 06-26-2017, 11:03 AM

8,224 posts, read 3,501,337 times
Quote:
See my above post. Christians get more criticism in the US, because Christians are the primary religion that most people are familiar with, and they have lots of power. Christian extremists are hell-bent on harming people's lives.

Muslims on the other hand make up less than 1% of the US population and have no power here.

Just destroyed your own argument... way to go sunshine!

You still haven't caught on to that; using an emotionally charged broad brush statements expose you for your intollerance...

Hmm... Let's compare these two religions...

Christianity
And Jesus said unto them, Render unto Caesar the things that are Caesar's, and unto God the things that are God's. And they marvelled greatly at him.

Islam
Fight against those who believe not in Allah, (people of scripture/atheists), nor in the Last Day, nor forbid that which has been forbidden by Allah and His Messenger and those who acknowledge not the religion of truth (i.e. Islam) among the people of the Scripture (Jews and Christians), until they pay the Jizyah (tax on religion other than Islam) with willing submission, and feel themselves subdued.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies