Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2017, 11:32 AM

34,019 posts, read 17,050,952 times

Advertisements

Best thing that could be done is against the parents of the scum. Their employers should fire them using Employment at Will. No reason required, breeding scum is not an EEOC protected class. Economic warfare for bad breeding.

Plus make them feel so unsafe rest of family can't venture out. Same tactic FFC used when AIG scum tried to keep post 2008 bonuses. I recall their sob stories as their kids felt unsafe going to after school activities. Almost all returned the bonuses.

Parents accept credit for good kids, so consequences for bad kids is fair game.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2017, 11:39 AM

7,520 posts, read 2,807,474 times
Disgusting lack of morals and waste of a human being. I'll return the sentiment and laugh when they are shot breaking into someone's home or mugging at gunpoint in Florida. But I bet some would say "they were such good boys and they would never do something like this."

This is worse than torturing animals.

Old 07-22-2017, 12:01 PM

21,463 posts, read 10,568,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by radiolibre99 View Post
Disgusting human beings. They're this young and already exhibit sociopathic tendencies. I know there are no good samaritan laws in FL, but what about reporting the crime since the body was found three days later!

Imagine it, these grotesque punks watched a man die, continued their little party, didn't care one iota for what they witnessed, then uploaded the video to social media. The whole time they just acted as though it was like America's Funniest Home Videos.

There is no defending, excusing or understanding what these kids did. This was just utterly brutal. Even if they couldn't and didn't have any legal obligation to save the man, they've could've called 911 in the very least. I know that probably wouldn't have saved the guy but still.
True! I wouldn't expect them to jump into that water and save the guy since he was so far out and these kids may not have even known how to swim, but at least they could have called for help. Or at a minimum, called police about it later as they were uploading that video to social media.

Old 07-22-2017, 12:06 PM

21,463 posts, read 10,568,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
Many years ago people watched from their apartment windows as a woman named Kitty Genovese was brutally killed. Nobody called the cops.

NYC was stunned. All kinds of studies were done to determine the cause of inaction.

One study put a group of strangers in a small waiting room, like a doctor's office. Then they pumped smoke into the room to see what would happen. Nobody moved. They were all waiting for somebody to speak first.

I witnessed the same behavior as DH were walking in a crowed park. we came upon an elderly man collapsed unconscious at a picnic table. DH called 911 as I started CPR. Then all kinds of people came running. Even a nurse.. But they all saw him and ignored him until somebody else did something.

IMO, if just one of those kids had responded there would have been a totally different outcome.

There is a difference between legal and moral.
Interesting take on this, and I bet 100% accurate. If only one of these kids had said we have to do something the rest would have followed. It's sad that not one of them thought to do it.

Old 07-22-2017, 12:08 PM

5,438 posts, read 5,942,760 times
Society has thrown the Word of the God of the Bible behind their backs, and they're appalled at all these problems nowadays? You're simply reaping what you have sown - and get used to it. The worst is yet to come.

Old 07-22-2017, 12:11 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,555,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
They really lack respect for human life and have no empathy. I'm not sure that respecting life and having empathy for others can be taught?
What? Of course it can. That's a part of being a good parent. However, even the best of parents cannot control their kids at all times. Some kids just are....bad.

Old 07-22-2017, 12:50 PM

23,970 posts, read 15,072,142 times
There is something going on in group dynamics other than callous kids.

Why would 20 adults watch an old man collapse and do nothing until another person jumped in?

Why would 8 adults sitting in a room filling with smoke sit there and do nothing?

Why would half the posters here say the boys had no duty morally or legally to do something?

There's something happening but we don't know what it is, do we Mr. Jones.

Old 07-22-2017, 12:58 PM

78,355 posts, read 60,556,941 times
Group dynamics and maybe fear if none of the idiots could swim.

When I was 17ish I fished someone out like that....but I could swim solidly.

I would think this will eventually haunt some of them and the others will wind up with horrible lives since they'd have to be socio-paths.

Old 07-22-2017, 01:00 PM

35,038 posts, read 16,987,357 times
Default Teens Film & Laugh at Drowning Man; Shades of Kitty Genovese

Teenagers Recorded a Drowning Man and Laughed

Is this kind of thing, and for that matter watching the Kitty Genovese slaying and doing nothing, as many New Yorkers apparently did, the sign of a societal sickness, or something else? When I took psychology in college in Fall 1975 the "diffusion of responsibility" or the thought that others were doing something was to blame. In this case, since the teens were alone at the scene, diffusion was not possible.

When you see an incident like this the question is "why".

Last edited by Ibginnie; 07-24-2017 at 09:16 AM.. Reason: off topic

Old 07-22-2017, 01:09 PM

1,769 posts, read 1,233,237 times
this man was struggling and drowning (going by reading the story, i did not watch the video) and the teens recorded the incident, taunted, mocked and laughed as he was drowning. his last moments before dying and there were people laughing at him as he was dying. that is sociopathic behavior and scary. they also did not report it, his body was recovered from the water 5 days later.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies