Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-21-2017, 07:58 PM

21,481 posts, read 10,585,771 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
I think most people would do what they can to help others. Unfortunately, they seldom make the news.
Actually, they make the news all the time. I see stories of people saving people from car wrecks, or drowning, or running into burning buildings to save people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2017, 08:11 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,624,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
Actually, they make the news all the time. I see stories of people saving people from car wrecks, or drowning, or running into burning buildings to save people.
Here in Chicago it seems they're seldom reported. Too many shootings to report instead. I was surprised the story ran about the two teens who removed the baby from the crashed car.

And sadly, I'm not kidding.

Old 07-21-2017, 08:54 PM

31,085 posts, read 22,101,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Why do some have no empathy? I don't know.
Guess the Village didn't do a good job on raising them

Old 07-21-2017, 09:03 PM

31,085 posts, read 22,101,630 times
Quote:
Please don't blame all teens. This is another tragic story, and look at what these teens did:

​Teens rescue baby after pregnant mom dies in crash caused by drunk driver​ | theGrio

Kudos to these two teens and the people who formed the human chain to save the drowning victims.

"As for Hunter, he has continued to visit the family of the little girl he rescued, bringing food as well as a stuffed animal for the girl.

“I didn’t even know her name but I felt a connection,” he said. “I think I did what any person should have done. That’s just how I was raised.

Old 07-21-2017, 09:06 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,624,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
Kudos to these two teens and the people who formed the human chain to save the drowning victims.

"As for Hunter, he has continued to visit the family of the little girl he rescued, bringing food as well as a stuffed animal for the girl.

“I didn’t even know her name but I felt a connection,” he said. “I think I did what any person should have done. That’s just how I was raised.”
The parents of these teens get an A+ for doing a great job with their kids.

Old 07-21-2017, 09:14 PM

2,924 posts, read 1,589,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
No, it doesn't come as a shocker to me. Plenty of people want to impose their own rules onto others, from controlling people's genitals to thoughts.

Nobody should be held responsible for rescuing another person.

Remember police doesn't even have the duty to protect you.
So they just filmed it? That's psychopathic! At least go get help!

Old 07-21-2017, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Be quiet. Your ridiculous anti-pot campaign has zero to do w/those cretins doing nothing, & you know it.
Actually, the guy had a point. If they were under the influence, it might explain their behavior. People that are high or whatever don't always react rationally.

At the very least the kids should be busted for fooling around with weed. Also, why weren't there any adults around?

Old 07-21-2017, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Basic human morals.

Nobody should be forced into doing something that they don't want to do.
You mean like Obamacare?

Anyway, I would think saving a drowning guy would be "basic human morals".

Old 07-21-2017, 09:32 PM

21,481 posts, read 10,585,771 times
Quote:
Here in Chicago it seems they're seldom reported. Too many shootings to report instead. I was surprised the story ran about the two teens who removed the baby from the crashed car.

And sadly, I'm not kidding.
Oh, the crimes are always reported first, but every once in a while you'll see stories of people saving others or doing something selfless.

Old 07-21-2017, 09:39 PM

12,970 posts, read 9,664,852 times
Quote:
No, it doesn't come as a shocker to me. Plenty of people want to impose their own rules onto others, from controlling people's genitals to thoughts.

Nobody should be held responsible for rescuing another person.

Remember police doesn't even have the duty to protect you.
But, thank GOD there are people out there who don't feel this way. Many are alive today because someone felt responsible enough to rescue them. Thank GOD for those people who felt responsible enough to save a dying child who was left in a hot car. I can't imagine what this society would be like if nobody ever feel responsible enough to lend a helping hand, not to mention to save a life. I mean we think things are bad now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies