Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Shoot looters on sight?
Yes 132 51.76%
No 112 43.92%
I'm too wishy-washy to have an opinion. 11 4.31%
Voters: 255. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2017, 09:45 PM

8,224 posts, read 3,500,240 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by vacoder View Post
Wow. What a cut and paste job. Andwhat a waste. Total waste of a post.
There's the law for ya... read it. Learn it. Abide by it.

Old 08-30-2017, 09:51 PM

9,742 posts, read 4,498,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY_refugee87 View Post
LOL it is pretty funny you're trying the whole religious angle to some how try and further your false equivalency of getting ripped off by shoddy work and obviously not seeking the proper avenues to be rightly compensated that or you didn't have home owners insurance...

So are you going to add gays to your list of sinners to slaughter? How about those who had abortions? Can't pull the Christian card at your discretion when it suits you... that's called being a convenient Christian when your books teachings only work in your favor as you see fit. That's morality not law.

You don't know what I believe in? I believe in respecting what's rightfully yours is rightfully yours. You not taking proper action and seeking the proper avenues to be compensated is quite irrelevant. (Again, woe is you)
I believe in you treat others regardless of age height disability skin tone ethnic background, the way you want to be treated. With respect.

Then again you did try to paint me as a racist, I've got news for ya. One of the first friends I made in Florida is Jamaican. Alot of my coworkers are Mexican Puerto Rican Dominican and Cuban. Some are Haitian. Back in NY alot of my friends were of various ethnic backgrounds. But I'll let you go on and assume from your moral high horse that life and property defense is somehow racially motivated that's just ignorance on your behalf. Keep on assuming it's working great!

I was raised in an old school Irish Catholic home. May want to look up a Spikes Tactical Crusader

Or is this rifle Blasphemy?

Can be added to your collection at the low one time price of what did I pay for it? After tax and background check 2200 dollars?
Okay. You just went off the deep end. I thought the paste and cut from some juris prudence was excessive But you out did your self. Apparently you has some point which you failed to mention when you pasted that diarrhea of text.

In the future you may want to first engage in diialogue before pasting in legalsese garb age without context.

How you think you can engage in productive dialogue with out doing so is a mystery.

Old 08-30-2017, 09:54 PM

16,216 posts, read 11,341,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
No, it's really not that simple. What if this crisis goes on for weeks(?), and people start looting grocery stores? Do we shoot them for trying to feed their kids?
Can we cut down on the hype and talk a little common sense here?

I don't think we're speaking here of a little "necessary pilfering" by somebody totally isolated in severe circumstances, and using desperate measures to sustain people who depend upon him/her. And under such circumstances, intensified rescue efforts by groups such as the National Guard would enter the picture; what we're discussing here is organized, orchestrated criminal activity, courtesy of the same mentality that brought us the "flash mob". And the more blatant the criminality, the stronger the methods needed to contain it.

And just as an aside, those of us who recall the rioting in Ferguson 2-3 years ago should also recall that images of the looters were caught by cameras in at least one of the businesses affected; were any efforts made to identify these individuals and hold them accountable?

Last edited by 2nd trick op; 08-30-2017 at 10:07 PM..

Old 08-30-2017, 09:54 PM

Quote:
Okay. You just went off the deep end. I thought the paste and cut from some juris prudence was excessive But you out did your self. Apparently you has some point which you failed to mention when you pasted that diarrhea of text.

In the future you may want to first engage in diialogue before pasting in legalsese garb age without context.

How you think you can engage in productive dialogue with out doing so is a mystery.
Apparently you have poor grammatical skills and believe your morality trumps state law. I posted state law

How do you think you can engage in productive dialogue when you use poor grammar?

Old 08-30-2017, 09:55 PM

Quote:
Apparently you have poor grammatical skills and believe your morality trumps state law. I posted state law

How do you think you can engage in productive dialogue when you use poor grammar?
My grammar is fine. Your morals? Well that is in question.

Old 08-30-2017, 09:57 PM

Quote:
My grammar is fine. Your morals? Well that is in question.
My Morals are irrelevant. As are yours. State and Federal Laws are relevant.

Old 08-30-2017, 09:58 PM

16,092 posts, read 10,757,764 times
Looting is not a capital offense so if simple looting is involved I say no. But looting too often turns into arson and that is potentially a threat to someone's life. I'm semi wishy washy on that but still don't think lethal shooting is the first option someone should choose in that case.

Old 08-30-2017, 10:02 PM

Quote:
My Morals are irrelevant. As are yours. State and Federal Laws are relevant.
No. This is very much a morality question. Now if you have no stance on that then we have no debate. If you are not religious than again we have no debate. If you are not religious and the rule of the land is paramount than there is nothing to discuss.

Old 08-30-2017, 10:02 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,270,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
The difference is that kind of thing happens daily, storm or no storm. Secondly, it's not being taken by force as it is in a looting situation, you are willingly giving it to him/them, some would say by your own fault for not doing your own due diligence and checking references/licensing.
Maybe this contractor is preying on people who are desperate.

Old 08-30-2017, 10:15 PM

Quote:
No. This is very much a morality question. Now if you have no stance on that then we have no debate. If you are not religious than again we have no debate. If you are not religious and the rule of the land is paramount than there is nothing to discuss.
LOL

Bless your heart.

Last I checked, state and federal laws are the rules to which one abides by regardless of what religion one practices or preaches.

Rule of the land is through statutes and penal codes.
Last I checked the Bible wasn't the rule of the land... nor is the Torah or Quran whatever text Wiccan Mormon etc religions follow...

And the word is then. Not than.

Laws (state and federal) > morals. Every single time. Try winning a court case based on what is written in religious text. Let me know how that works out for you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies