Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Shoot looters on sight?
Yes 132 51.76%
No 112 43.92%
I'm too wishy-washy to have an opinion. 11 4.31%
Voters: 255. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2017, 11:39 PM

9,742 posts, read 4,498,256 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY_refugee87 View Post
130k sitting in my driveway... most houses sell for that down here...

It's not a brag post. That's the logic post.
The work Truck is a very valuable tool. Goes through the swampy access road to the dump that resembles the whoops section of a dirtbike track that a standard height truck would bottom out on. With the amount of electronics in these things nope... not hearing warranty coverage denied due to off roading.

Was either that truck or a dump truck which in Florida, gets a much higher insurance premium. It was cheaper to buy a 20 foot dump trailer (dump trailer is covered by trucks insurance) than the dump truck.
Plus dump trucks don't have air conditioned leather seats and Bose stereos. Or sunroofs.

And you'd gladly hand the keys over....
130K in the driveway means something I think not. Most houses sell for that? I think that is pure BS unless qualified by location. I mean 130k in Miami? I think not. Maybe in Arcadia but no where else in florida.

Old 08-30-2017, 11:41 PM

8,224 posts, read 3,500,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vacoder View Post
Christ. I'm not impressed with any off it. Basic stuff that anyone would have insured. You seem to have a and unusual love affair with some of it.
I don't care if you're impressed or not.

They are insured. I get paid on the depreciated value which let's say the half ton was stolen/wrecked. Might see wholesale price on that. That's money lost.
The other. Gap insurance covers what hasn't been paid by the insurance company to the lein holder. That's money lost.

Last I checked, roofs don't cost 130k here or back in NY or MA... LOL
Unless you go for those fancy barrel tile roofs... and the roof has multiple peaks and is over 3500 square feet...

Old 08-30-2017, 11:42 PM

3,564 posts, read 1,923,920 times
Quote:
130k sitting in my driveway
I wouldn't shoot someone for $130K either.

Quote:
Plus dump trucks don't have air conditioned leather seats and Bose stereos. Or sunroofs.
Or any of these things.

Quote:
And you'd gladly hand the keys over....

It's unfortunate that you seem to think that giving someone your property and killing them over it are the only two possibilities.

Old 08-30-2017, 11:45 PM

9,742 posts, read 4,498,256 times
Quote:
I don't care if you're impressed or not.

They are insured. I get paid on the depreciated value which let's say the half ton was stolen/wrecked. Might see wholesale price on that. That's money lost.
The other. Gap insurance covers what hasn't been paid by the insurance company to the lein holder. That's money lost.

Last I checked, roofs don't cost 130k here or back in NY or MA... LOL
Unless you go for those fancy barrel tile roofs... and the roof has multiple peaks and is over 3500 square feet...

Lets be honest. You are itching to shoot someone.

Old 08-30-2017, 11:51 PM

Quote:
130K in the driveway means something I think not. Most houses sell for that? I think that is pure BS unless qualified by location. I mean 130k in Miami? I think not. Maybe in Arcadia but no where else in florida.
Mine is 2200sq feet not including the Florida room (for those who don't know it's this phenomena where folks convert 2/3 car garages into living rooms complete with carpet flat screen tvs etc), include that its what... 3k/3800 sqft? Have a caged pool in the back yard. Was built in 04. Currently leasing it may buy it... cash price to buy it talked the guy down to 200 from 265k... think I might buy 50-100 acres out in Okeechobee. Build better plus have a place to ride my quads and dirtbikes. Maybe even have my own shooting range in the backyard too.

My mother's was 128k that's 2000sqft with a caged pool, sisters was 130k hers is about 3000sqft no pool though.

Who wants to live in Miami? Traffic is horrible down there!
Stay away from ft lauderdale. 500k plus.

Zillow what houses are selling for in PSL or ft Pierce down to Jensen Beach
What you think is wrong LOL

Old 08-30-2017, 11:52 PM

Quote:
Lets be honest. You are itching to shoot someone.
Nope. Not at all. Only itching I'm doing is from no see ums and getting you hot under the collar explaining law and plain basic common sense...

Old 08-30-2017, 11:57 PM

How many more false equivalencies and narratives can you spin vacoder?

Tried the religious thwarts state law. Wrong.
Tried to imply it's somehow racially motivated. Wrong again.
Tried to equate getting shoddy workmanship to looting. Wrong again.
Tried to equate contaminated water to justified self defense. Wrong again.
Tried NY tried NJ both of those states you can shoot in defense of your home. Wrong on those.
I posted Florida's laws. You deemed it a copy a paste job and I'll bet you never bothered reading them either. Wrong...
Tried to equate me to a homicidal murderer for knowing the states laws and operating within them. Wrong yet again...

You haven't tried the global warming theory yet.

Last edited by NY_refugee87; 08-31-2017 at 12:16 AM..

Old 08-31-2017, 04:06 AM

11,904 posts, read 5,591,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
You need to mix your labor with a resource for it to become private property.

Assuming you acquired the TV by purchase, trade, or other consensual means with the producer it is your private property.

You don't own air, water, soil until you mix your labor with it.

My best advice would be to advocate for a free society where those that pollute natural resources can be shunned/shamed from the rest of us in a peaceful manner.

Having the government pick polluters and those that have to live with it is our current system and clearly it has failed in the case you provided.

How does it feel to have no recourse? Unless you think voting means something.
It means a lot more than not voting.

Old 08-31-2017, 04:12 AM

11,904 posts, read 5,591,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2nd trick op View Post
Can we cut down on the hype and talk a little common sense here?

I don't think we're speaking here of a little "necessary pilfering" by somebody totally isolated in severe circumstances, and using desperate measures to sustain people who depend upon him/her. And under such circumstances, intensified rescue efforts by groups such as the National Guard would enter the picture; what we're discussing here is organized, orchestrated criminal activity, courtesy of the same mentality that brought us the "flash mob". And the more blatant the criminality, the stronger the methods needed to contain it.

And just as an aside, those of us who recall the rioting in Ferguson 2-3 years ago should also recall that images of the looters were caught by cameras in at least one of the businesses affected; were any efforts made to identify these individuals and hold them accountable?
The original post said it was a simple question. I said it was not, necessarily, and I stand by that position.

Old 08-31-2017, 04:18 AM

8,272 posts, read 10,996,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by War Beagle View Post
Simple question.
US Army did not shoot looters is Iraq.

We all saw the results of that policy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies