Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2017, 07:21 PM

13,278 posts, read 7,316,697 times

Advertisements

I don't know why people choose to fight with the police, and not just go to court and deal with it court of law is where we fight our disputes not on the side of the road.

https://www.rawstory.com/2017/09/mis...-stop-witness/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2017, 07:30 PM

9,837 posts, read 4,638,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post
I don't know why people choose to fight with the police, and not just go to court and deal with it court of law is where we fight our disputes not on the side of the road.

https://www.rawstory.com/2017/09/mis...-stop-witness/
sounds like you are blaming the victim. did you read the story, did you see her picture?

in what world do cops (note it was not one guy on his own) need to use a taser on a woman?

think about it. Since when did cops need to tase people like that? well since they started getting away with it and started using it as a punishment for not doing as you are told.

if a cop did that in almost any other developed nation, that cop would be looking at jail time and obviously be banned from the force. And yes banned from ever being a cop again unlike the USA where they just move over a county and do the same things all over again.

we can blame the vic for being a fool, but that does not relieve the cop of his and her duty to continue to act in a professional and reasonable manner. Tasers are used in the USA as punishment, it is done hundreds if not thousands of times a day by cops who think their job is to serve sentence on the spot. tasing people normalises roadside "justice" by cops. It is a extreme abuse of power and the police have lost public confidence because the video does not LIE, it turns out the cops have been the ones lying all this time.

they murder people, beat people and then claim self defence. they are a disgrace to the nation. and the good ones KNOW what is happening and stand by idle.

Old 09-14-2017, 07:51 PM

13,278 posts, read 7,316,697 times
I am blaming her she is pulled over refuses to give her name or id why is that because she has an outstanding warrant for her arrest. She is asked to get out of the vehicle stay where she is she doesn't do that and starts approaching the officer how is he suppose to know who he is dealing with? She could be armed he isn't going to know why she is acting this way. You expect officers to just let anyone do what they want when they are pulled over.

If you read this "Police later learned White had an outstanding warrant in Long Beach from 2014 for misdemeanor domestic violence. They also found a gun and drug paraphernalia inside the vehicle."

Woman shocked with Taser despite telling officer she

They should charge the woman for endangering her unborn child.

When I get pulled over I hand them my license and registration give little information as I have to and if I want to fight I go to a court of law I don't jump out and start wrestling with the police. There are some bad apples working for police departments but this case I feel it was the fault of the woman not the police.

Old 09-14-2017, 08:57 PM

19,719 posts, read 16,846,967 times
I've never been tasered, have any of you ? Probably because we don't play games with the cop when they stop us. She 1) Refused to give her name, and 2) Doesn't stay put where she is supposed to. Then they start yelling police brutality.

Nope, normal people do not get tasered because we do not act like fools. She deserved what she got.

Old 09-14-2017, 09:01 PM

25,578 posts, read 17,293,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
...........we can blame the vic for being a fool............
I vote we do that, and move on.

It's pretty simple: Shut up. Do as you are told.

Old 09-14-2017, 09:08 PM

12,275 posts, read 7,142,126 times
Quote:
I am blaming her she is pulled over refuses to give her name or id why is that because she has an outstanding warrant for her arrest. She is asked to get out of the vehicle stay where she is she doesn't do that and starts approaching the officer how is he suppose to know who he is dealing with? She could be armed he isn't going to know why she is acting this way. You expect officers to just let anyone do what they want when they are pulled over.

If you read this "Police later learned White had an outstanding warrant in Long Beach from 2014 for misdemeanor domestic violence. They also found a gun and drug paraphernalia inside the vehicle."

When I get pulled over I hand them my license and registration give little information as I have to and if I want to fight I go to a court of law I don't jump out and start wrestling with the police. There are some bad apples working for police departments but this case I feel it was the fault of the woman not the police.
It sounds like she was walking AWAY from the cop and talking on her phone. The cop was the one walking towards her.

Yes, she was dumb, but cops don't get to tase people just for being disobedient. Nothing indicated that she was threatening him.

Old 09-14-2017, 09:09 PM

12,275 posts, read 7,142,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
I vote we do that, and move on.

It's pretty simple: Shut up. Do as you are told.
Sounds like you'd fit into a third world dictatorship nicely.

Old 09-14-2017, 09:21 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,748,172 times
Quote:

Here another link:
Link with a very different version of the story:

Pass police use Taser to subdue woman during traffic stop, police chief says | The Sun Herald

Hopw the officer was wearing a camera and it was turned on.

Old 09-14-2017, 09:22 PM

19,719 posts, read 16,846,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
Sounds like you'd fit into a third world dictatorship nicely.

Or maybe just a law and order society. Cops are not dictators, they are the guys YOU call when you need help. Next time you need help, call one of these law breakers and see how much good they are.

This pair are not exactly model citizens !

White has a warrant through Harrison County Sheriff’s Department, and Hendricks said police found a gun and drug paraphernalia in the car. [LEFT]
Read more here: http://www.sunherald.com/news/local/...#storylink=cpy
[/LEFT]

Old 09-14-2017, 09:28 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,748,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
I've never been tasered, have any of you ? Probably because we don't play games with the cop when they stop us. She 1) Refused to give her name, and 2) Doesn't stay put where she is supposed to. Then they start yelling police brutality.

Nope, normal people do not get tasered because we do not act like fools. She deserved what she got.
I have never been pulled over. I choose to comply with traffic laws. If I ever do get pulled over, I am not going to do anything to cause the situation to escalate.

Then again, there are no warrants for my arrest and there would not be a weapon or drugs in my car.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies