Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2017, 06:16 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,230,847 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
sounds like you are blaming the victim. did you read the story, did you see her picture?

in what world do cops (note it was not one guy on his own) need to use a taser on a woman?

think about it. Since when did cops need to tase people like that? well since they started getting away with it and started using it as a punishment for not doing as you are told.

if a cop did that in almost any other developed nation, that cop would be looking at jail time and obviously be banned from the force. And yes banned from ever being a cop again unlike the USA where they just move over a county and do the same things all over again.

we can blame the vic for being a fool, but that does not relieve the cop of his and her duty to continue to act in a professional and reasonable manner. Tasers are used in the USA as punishment, it is done hundreds if not thousands of times a day by cops who think their job is to serve sentence on the spot. tasing people normalises roadside "justice" by cops. It is a extreme abuse of power and the police have lost public confidence because the video does not LIE, it turns out the cops have been the ones lying all this time.

they murder people, beat people and then claim self defence. they are a disgrace to the nation. and the good ones KNOW what is happening and stand by idle.
She was confrontational.

She got what she deserved.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2017, 06:21 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,222,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
She was confrontational.

As was the nurse in Utah and yet, everyone supported her.

Old 09-16-2017, 06:33 AM

6,915 posts, read 3,954,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
As was the nurse in Utah and yet, everyone supported her.
The nurse in Utah had the law on her side, as she stated multiple times to the cop who arrested her.

This idiot, OTOH, got into a car driven by a man without a valid license and that contained illegal paraphernalia, including drugs. Yeah, I can see why she wouldn't want them to know who she is.

Old 09-16-2017, 06:58 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,222,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ContraPagan View Post
The nurse in Utah had the law on her side, as she stated multiple times to the cop who arrested her.

This idiot, OTOH, got into a car driven by a man without a valid license and that contained illegal paraphernalia, including drugs. Yeah, I can see why she wouldn't want them to know who she is.
That is not how the law works. There is no law that makes one guilty by association. I can not be arrested if I am in a car and the driver is driving illegally.

Old 09-16-2017, 08:07 AM

9,511 posts, read 4,346,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
That is not how the law works. There is no law that makes one guilty by association. I can not be arrested if I am in a car and the driver is driving illegally.
Read the article. She wasn't arrested for simply being in a car when the driver was driving illegally.

You're using a twisted type of logic that is becoming alarmingly common lately. My theory is that click-bait news articles use this approach and it has started to infect the general population.

One recent example is the Eric Garner case. When this unfortunate death took place, there were tons of articles, blog posts, etc., proclaiming he was killed for selling loose cigarettes. Not true. He died during a scuffle with police while resisting arrest for selling loose cigarettes. Two entirely different things.

I'm not sure if people like you just aren't capable of recognizing these nuances or if you're resorting to hyperbole intentionally. In either case, you're bringing nothing valid to this debate with you baseless rhetoric.

Old 09-16-2017, 08:57 AM

3,564 posts, read 1,923,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
She was confrontational.
Sure.
Quote:
This is what a court will attempt to determine.

Old 09-16-2017, 08:59 AM

3,564 posts, read 1,923,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YourWakeUpCall View Post
Read the article. She wasn't arrested for simply being in a car when the driver was driving illegally.

You're using a twisted type of logic that is becoming alarmingly common lately. My theory is that click-bait news articles use this approach and it has started to infect the general population.

One recent example is the Eric Garner case. When this unfortunate death took place, there were tons of articles, blog posts, etc., proclaiming he was killed for selling loose cigarettes. Not true. He died during a scuffle with police while resisting arrest for selling loose cigarettes. Two entirely different things.

I'm not sure if people like you just aren't capable of recognizing these nuances or if you're resorting to hyperbole intentionally. In either case, you're bringing nothing valid to this debate with you baseless rhetoric.
Something else that is becoming alarmingly common is ignoring the context of a situation.

Note the post that was being responded to.

I'm not sure if people like you just aren't capable of recognizing these nuances or if you're resorting to hyperbole intentionally. In either case, you're bringing nothing valid to this debate with your baseless rhetoric.

Old 09-16-2017, 08:59 AM

13,586 posts, read 13,125,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
I vote we do that, and move on.

It's pretty simple: Shut up. Do as you are told.
I'm sorry. I'm an American. We don't just shut up and do as we are told. You perhaps have us mixed up with some other culture?

Old 09-16-2017, 09:04 AM

25,961 posts, read 22,132,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
According to this link, she assaulted the officer.

Pass police use Taser to subdue woman during traffic stop, police chief says | The Sun Herald

None of us were there and don't know what happened.
You'll see those commenting are not reading the articles. Thanks for finding what we knew was there, "The rest of the story."

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
The "pro-life" once again fails at their supposed mission.

You would think a group that believes in protecting fetuses would be more upset about one getting subjected to a teaser.
Well, we don't know if she were pregnant, there was drug paraphernalia in the car and the woman had a warrant out on her for domestic violence, so basically the mother being concerned about her baby who will probably be born drug-addicted and she'll probably beat the crap out of it............

Would a taser be more damaging than cutting the baby in pieces and vacuuming it out? Yeah, I don't think so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
Why don't you conservatives just come out and call yourselves police-state bootlickers? Protecting the unborn is in your party's platform, but apparently you're willing to make an exception for it if it involves excusing cops.
She assaulted the cop. Read the article above!

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
it is illegal for a cop to punish a member of the public, that is for a judge not a cop. the taser was clearly used as punishment for non compliance. your pretense of not understanding this is exactly that. a pretense.

so i repeat. a bunch of cops dont need to use a taser on a small woman, they WANTED to use the taser, and they certainly did not need to use it 3 times. they WANTED to use it to punish her for giving them a hard time. and frankly you know it. You wont admit it but you know very well there was no NEED for the taser and you know full well they did it to punish her.

warrant , not complying , being rude, not giving name all mean nothing because they are completely unrelated to safely subduing someone. sure those things allow you to justify it in your head but they have nothing at all to do with the force required to subdue her. and again you know it.
Law enforcement is allowed to protect themselves, and at the point she assaulted the police officer, read the link above, she endangered herself and her supposed baby. Seriously, you would allow a police officer to be shot because defending himself would be judging. Doesn't not compute.

The woman had a warrant out on her for domestic abuse. She refused to remain in the car and got out and was using her phone. She assaulted the police officer and yet another family member, bet that was who she was calling, arrived and got into the dispute and was also detained but later released.

Since "you can't fix stupid", I see no hope for this woman in the article. She knew what she would be facing between the warrant and probably drug charges tacked on to that. Yes, a mother just looking after her baby, NOT!

Old 09-16-2017, 09:11 AM

13,586 posts, read 13,125,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
Or maybe just a law and order society. Cops are not dictators, they are the guys YOU call when you need help. Next time you need help, call one of these law breakers and see how much good they are.

This pair are not exactly model citizens !

White has a warrant through Harrison County Sheriff’s Department, and Hendricks said police found a gun and drug paraphernalia in the car.
Wait. Back up a minute. I don't call cops when I need help. The only time I broke that rule was when I found a lost toddler in the street when it was 28 degrees outside. And I called 911, not specifically the cops. They acted lke I had abducted the child myself for at least an hour until it was discovered that she just slipped out of the house when her siblings saw themselves off to school. Save a kid, get treated like a kidnapper.

Cops lighting up a pregnant woman's belly? Doesn't surprise me a bit. If you mouth off to them they will taser you, even if you are cuffed, in many departments. Many local police departments have become a combination of jack booted thugs who get a promotion based upon how much property they can seize in a drug bust, regardless of conviction, and scaredy cats who shoot the first time somebody flinches at them funny.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies