Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2017, 09:32 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,758,281 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
It sounds like she was walking AWAY from the cop and talking on her phone. The cop was the one walking towards her.

Yes, she was dumb, but cops don't get to tase people just for being disobedient. Nothing indicated that she was threatening him.
According to this link, she assaulted the officer.

Pass police use Taser to subdue woman during traffic stop, police chief says | The Sun Herald

None of us were there and don't know what happened.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2017, 05:36 AM

17,344 posts, read 11,285,635 times
She got what she deserved. It's pretty simple. If she actually hit the officer she's lucky that's all she got.

Old 09-15-2017, 06:04 AM

17,005 posts, read 12,597,924 times
Silly question. Doesnt just a few seconds of taze make the person unable to do anything for several minutes? If so why do they keep tazing?

Old 09-15-2017, 06:05 AM

17,005 posts, read 12,597,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
According to this link, she assaulted the officer.

Pass police use Taser to subdue woman during traffic stop, police chief says | The Sun Herald

None of us were there and don't know what happened.
Wonder if the body cam was magically turned off.

Old 09-15-2017, 06:11 AM

9,701 posts, read 5,113,905 times
The "pro-life" once again fails at their supposed mission.

You would think a group that believes in protecting fetuses would be more upset about one getting subjected to a teaser.

Old 09-15-2017, 06:43 AM

9,511 posts, read 4,344,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
sounds like you are blaming the victim.
You clearly don't know what the word "victim" means. One word: "Google".

Old 09-15-2017, 06:45 AM

9,511 posts, read 4,344,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
.... but cops don't get to tase people just for being disobedient.
Of course they do, as they should.

Old 09-15-2017, 07:06 AM

9,701 posts, read 5,113,905 times
Why don't you conservatives just come out and call yourselves police-state bootlickers? Protecting the unborn is in your party's platform, but apparently you're willing to make an exception for it if it involves excusing cops.

Old 09-15-2017, 09:39 AM

9,837 posts, read 4,638,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post
I am blaming her she is pulled over refuses to give her name or id why is that because she has an outstanding warrant for her arrest. She is asked to get out of the vehicle stay where she is she doesn't do that and starts approaching the officer how is he suppose to know who he is dealing with? She could be armed he isn't going to know why she is acting this way. You expect officers to just let anyone do what they want when they are pulled over.

If you read this "Police later learned White had an outstanding warrant in Long Beach from 2014 for misdemeanor domestic violence. They also found a gun and drug paraphernalia inside the vehicle."

Woman shocked with Taser despite telling officer she

They should charge the woman for endangering her unborn child.

When I get pulled over I hand them my license and registration give little information as I have to and if I want to fight I go to a court of law I don't jump out and start wrestling with the police. There are some bad apples working, or police departments but this case I feel it was the fault of the woman not the police.

it is illegal for a cop to punish a member of the public, that is for a judge not a cop. the taser was clearly used as punishment for non compliance. your pretense of not understanding this is exactly that. a pretense.

so i repeat. a bunch of cops dont need to use a taser on a small woman, they WANTED to use the taser, and they certainly did not need to use it 3 times. they WANTED to use it to punish her for giving them a hard time. and frankly you know it. You wont admit it but you know very well there was no NEED for the taser and you know full well they did it to punish her.

warrant , not complying , being rude, not giving name all mean nothing because they are completely unrelated to safely subduing someone. sure those things allow you to justify it in your head but they have nothing at all to do with the force required to subdue her. and again you know it.

Old 09-15-2017, 09:42 AM

9,837 posts, read 4,638,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YourWakeUpCall View Post
Of course they do, as they should.
they do but it is illegal. What they do is lie and state they needed to use the taser due to safty concerns.

funny thing is cops in the most of the EU must be better, stronger, faster ,smarter.... we must have fat slow dull witted police.

why?

well cops in most of the EU can safely subdue an unarmed woman without needing to tase her .

I guess American police are not very brave and not very strong. compared to cops elsewhere.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies