Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-29-2017, 07:24 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,550,307 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Let's see.....Yep. Just another broad based negative generalization against an entire segment of American society. Don't you and Joy Reid support the same things too?
Hey, Kitty...

Somehow you missed that I was referring to my old hometown and what happened there.

Must have been in your rush to negatively generalize.

Carry on.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2017, 07:25 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,643,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Hey, Kitty...

Somehow you missed that I was referring to my old hometown and what happened there.
So you hate the people you grew up with. Same point.

Feel bad for you son.

(hint: the problem doesn't lie with your hometown)

Old 11-29-2017, 07:27 AM

51,654 posts, read 25,836,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Ever see a small town with a gang problem? Homeless, graffiti? No? Me neither.
What are you talking about, Angry?

To be sure, a lot of people with problems move to big cities where there are more likely to find soup kitchens and homeless shelters or at least a relative or friend to crash with.

However, lots of small towns have problems as well: Opioid addiction, meth manufacturing, random insults spray painted on boarded-up windows, people living in ratty old trailers with no heat who might as well be homeless.

Old 11-29-2017, 07:28 AM

4,422 posts, read 6,261,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Ever see a small town with a gang problem? Homeless, graffiti? No? Me neither.
Yep, sure have, and the meth problem is way worse out there, too. the public education system is worse in most small towns in red states. The still teach creationism, not actual science, and force kids to pray.

Old 11-29-2017, 07:29 AM

31,292 posts, read 20,749,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
MSNBC host Joy Reid thinks that rural Americans are “the core threat to our democracy†and pointed to a series of tweets by liberal author Jared Yates Sexton that claimed Trump supporters “do not believe in the Constitution or any founding principles unless they're advantageous†as proof of her far-left theory.

She tweeted: "This is the core threat to our democracy. The rural minority -- the people @JYSexton just wrote a long thread about -- have and will continue to have disproportionate power over the urban majority."

Anti-Trump MSNBC host Joy Reid thinks rural Americans are 'core threat' to democracy | Fox News

"Rural Americans" = white people who do not adhere to the progressive ideology.
Joy Reid; Helping elect people like Trump one election at a time.

Old 11-29-2017, 07:30 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,550,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
So you hate the people you grew up with. Same point.

Feel bad for you son.

(hint: the problem doesn't lie with your hometown)
Somehow, hate seems to be a theme in your posts, Kitty.

Cheer up.

It's the holiday season.

Old 11-29-2017, 07:31 AM

31,292 posts, read 20,749,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thenewtexan View Post
the public education system is worse in most small towns in red states.
So when a state flipped from red to blue it's small town schools got better? And the ones that flipped from blue to red saw their small town schools get worse?

You get the "most ridiculous post" award on this thread.

Old 11-29-2017, 07:32 AM

10,659 posts, read 10,730,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakformonday View Post
IDK, most of my food is grown in California and all the tech is made here or at least based here. I don't see how states like Alabama and Mississippi add any value to my life. If they were to disappear, there would be no change to my life. Now, if the coastal states disappeared then the many people in those states would suffer. I agree that we need to co-exist and there my be aspects that we both depend on each-other for but I don't see it as equal.

FYI, those "farmers" in the heartland are big corporations based on the coasts that produce corn for cattle and high fructose corn syrup that goes into almost all processed foods. Stuff I try to avoid. The days of the family farm are dead and these farms are also heavily subsidized by the Federal Government. That means taxes from the 'liberals'.
Don't you just love that low wage immigrant /slave labor! Oh btw I try to avoid any food produced in PRK. including fruits and veggies (I grow my own) My dairy products come right out the Fam's 300 head dairy herd including locally produced cheeses,etc.

Old 11-29-2017, 07:36 AM

5,069 posts, read 2,280,282 times
I'm one of those who has lived in both. Grew up in Provo, Utah. Not exactly rural, but both sets of grandparents had very small farms on the edge of town. I lived in Seattle and the surrounding suburbs for a while, spent 30 years in NYC, am now in the 'burbs of NJ, but keep my main residence in rural PA.

This hating on the rural areas is worse than tiresome; it's going to stir up some really bad blood - to a boiling point. There are absolutely benefits and drawbacks to life in either location. One isn't any "better" than the other. It's just preference, and the urban dwellers that feel the need to denigrate and slander the rural seriously need to lose the pretentious attitude. If you took half the posts bashing those in rural areas from this board and applied them to any other group... they're as bad, or worse, than anything you'd find on Stormfront. Do you posters realize how venomous and sick you are?

Old 11-29-2017, 07:39 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,643,000 times
Wonder if Joy Ried knows about Williamsburg county in SC which is 70% Black.

I'm sure she would excuse these rural Americans because of their skin color.

Treating Sanders' South Carolina supporters as 'outliers' could hurt Hillary | TribLIVE
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies