Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-26-2017, 02:05 PM

5,051 posts, read 3,581,375 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8won6 View Post
All I see is this woman trying to get her 15 minutes of fame. I'm looking at this situation based on what is presented here. As soon as it was revealed she cancelled her flight, all of a sudden she stopped talking to the media. She knew the lie was getting a little too big so she shut it down. She'll be fine, they gave her even more freebies...mission accomplished on her part. Fake outrage of the day.
I might be inclined to believe that until I read the comments to this article in the Houston Chron(nicle).

Apparently the "Congresswoman" has a long history of entitled behavior.

Article here:

https://www.chron.com/news/politics/...p-12452258.php

In any case, I doubt United, after all their troubles with passengers, would do this to anyone on purpose.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2017, 02:06 PM

19,844 posts, read 12,106,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
So the stupid woman canceled her ticket whether on purpose or by accident. United gave her canceled seat to someone else. The stupid woman, who happens to be a Trump supporter, found out who took her seat and took a picture and started to raise a stink about it so she could get her 15 minutes of fame and some reward. And Trump supporters on here, FB, and the media latch on to it and give her the 15 minutes of fame she so desperately desires. Looks like it worked. SMH

I am sure if a white republican had taken her seat she wouldn't have said a word.
That “stupid woman” is a graduate of Georgetown University and Harvard Law and was a Fulbright scholarship and was awarded the Bunting fellowship (Radcliffe/Harvard). She’s an attorney, teacher and photojournalist who lived in and reported from Guatemala during the 80’s. Since you show such disdain, surely your credentials are far superior.

Old 12-26-2017, 02:06 PM

3,538 posts, read 1,328,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vacanegro View Post
I might be inclined to believe that until I read the comments to this article in the Houston Chron(nicle).

Article here:

In any case, I doubt United, after all their troubles with passengers, would do this to anyone on purpose.
I'm looking for actual proof in this instance. Not speculation based on political bias.

Old 12-26-2017, 02:08 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,636,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
A fifteern year old hit piece? That is the best you could do?
The woman cries "racist" to take a first class airline seat from a school teacher who used 140,000 FF miles for it. This in 2017.

If that piece is 15 years old, it only speaks to what a despicable reprehensible woman that Sheila Jackson Lee has been during that period.

Old 12-26-2017, 02:13 PM

45,582 posts, read 27,196,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vacanegro View Post

Article here:

... which is one of the reasons I provided the history. United is scared to death of her. SJ Lee could cause them a ton of trouble... the passenger, only a minor inconvenience. Now if enough passengers gave United a hard time, they may change their tune.

She is not in my district... she has a HISTORY.

Old 12-26-2017, 02:22 PM

Quote:
All I see is this woman trying to get her 15 minutes of fame. I'm looking at this situation based on what is presented here. As soon as it was revealed she cancelled her flight, all of a sudden she stopped talking to the media. She knew the lie was getting a little too big so she shut it down. She'll be fine, they gave her even more freebies...mission accomplished on her part. Fake outrage of the day.
You just don't know... but feel free to keep your head in the sand. She is an equal opportunity offender - black, white, doesn't matter.

Houston Chronicle 2014 - Jackson Lee again named 'meanest' Congress member

Houston Press 1998 - Flying Miss Sheila

Old 12-26-2017, 02:26 PM

3,538 posts, read 1,328,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
You just don't know... but feel free to keep your head in the sand. She is an equal opportunity offender - black, white, doesn't matter.

Houston Chronicle 2014 - Jackson Lee again named 'meanest' Congress member

Houston Press 1998 - Flying Miss Sheila
So, what about THIS case? All I see is people bringing up ad hominem attacks on her mostly based on political affiliation. Show me the proof that SJL had this woman booted out of first class.

Old 12-26-2017, 02:32 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,636,151 times
Quote:
So, what about THIS case? All I see is people bringing up ad hominem attacks on her mostly based on political affiliation. Show me the proof that SJL had this woman booted out of first class.
LOL

Maybe you should go look up what that means.

Old 12-26-2017, 02:38 PM

2,502 posts, read 3,406,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegabern View Post
I'm sure most of you are crying crocodile tears over all the other people who are bumped off flights on a regular basis. Or is this just a excuse to complain about a Congresswoman you don't like? Don't answer that, I already know.
What some Sheila Jackson Lee cheerleaders here fail to comprehend is: Had this been a Republican congressman or woman who ousted another passenger from their seat, but especially a non-white person, the liberal posse would be hysterical, calling for his resignation. But it seems to be just fine if it is a black woman. In Liberal Navel-gazer Land, liberals must be allowed to be as self-absorbed and self-deluded as they choose to be, and everyone else has to adjust the atmosphere so that liberals are never offended or have to think about anyone besides themselves.

Old 12-26-2017, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Again - not political with me... she's just mean.

Have fun with your head in the sand. You are not taking up anymore of my time with this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies