Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-05-2018, 12:14 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,285,621 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanv3 View Post
First politician to follow up on campaign promises.
yeah? When did they start building the wall?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2018, 12:14 PM

62,970 posts, read 29,152,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
hmm, I think most people (Christians or not) understand that each country has an immigration law and that law needs to be respected and enforced.

It is actually a very simple concept.

Ezekiel 47:22–23, is a calling to care for those that are in the land to believers. Does it justify those that come illegally? I think not.

I don't know if you are calling yourself a real Christian, nor do I know what your definition of a real Christian, I don't think the definition is really that important here, unless one wants to divide and conquer.

This said, My understanding is that, as Christian hosts, our duty is hospitality whenever we find a needy person before us. An example would be Bishop Myriel in Les Misérables

This is different, however, from justifying the “illegal” immigrant. people immigrate whether legally or not, it cannot be denied that some do not have a valid reason for leaving their home countries except that “the grass is greener on the other side.” Neither Ezekiel 47 nor any other verse in the Bible justifies that.

Excellent post and I agree wholeheartedly. Those claiming it's un-Christian like to protect our own borders and citizens haven't a leg to stand on they merely use it to demonize the opposition.

Old 04-05-2018, 12:16 PM

48,534 posts, read 34,863,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Who has said that a wall will stop visa over stayers? That problem needs to be addressed in a different way. Why do you people keep repeating that when illegal entry at our border is also a problem? You just want to ignore one problem and only focus on the other? WTH? I want both problems addressed. Who cares if illegal entry is supposedly down? There are still many doing it. I swear I think I'm talking to a bunch of kindergarten students in here.

No. Reasonable people do not want to spend billions on a problem that is best handled with other, more cost effective means.

If you find termites in your home, do you burn it down? Sure it will fix the problem, but....
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 04-05-2018, 12:18 PM

39,078 posts, read 51,239,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sware2cod View Post
The NG will perform vehicle maintenance for the Border Patrol and also give medical aid to those apprehended at the border.

Maybe they'll cook meals for the Border Patrol too, since they'll be sitting around looking for something to do, but they won't be allowed to apprehend people crossing the border.
They put them in cherry picker boom trucks during the Obama border call up. They watched stretches of the border from those perches. I don't know if they spotted anyone.

Old 04-05-2018, 12:18 PM

8,391 posts, read 7,648,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stiffnecked View Post
Okay. There are still pencil dicks from Obama's swamp inside the CBP. They can manipulate and make those numbers say anything they want. Those numbers are meaningless.
Hmmm, let's think about this.

If there were "pencil dicks from Obama's swamp" who wanted to make Trump look bad, wouldn't they be manipulating the data to make it look like the Border Patrol was having to arrest MORE illegals sneaking across the southern border, instead of fewer?

The fact that the number of illegal apprehensions at the border is at the lowest point since 1971 makes President Trump look great. His efforts to discourage illegal immigrants from coming is actually working!

But if you want to argue MORE illegals being found is better, and believe that the numbers are being manipulated, than why didn't Obama's pencil dicks manipulate Obama's numbers to make it look like arrests were going up during his administration instead of down?

Finally, the Border Patrol has been keeping data on apprehensions at the southern border since 1920. So, the data would have to have been manipulated for much longer than just the Obama administration in order to sabotage Trump. Those must have been some pretty smart pencil dicks if they knew Trump was going to be elected president before he was even born!

Last edited by RosieSD; 04-05-2018 at 12:40 PM..

Old 04-05-2018, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
No. Reasonable people do not want to spend billions on a problem that is best handled with other, more cost effective means.

If you find termites in your home, do you burn it down? Sure it will fix the problem, but....

Are you referring to the NG or the wall? The wall has already proven to work and is cost effective it also helps the Border Patrol do their jobs more effectively. Your analogy is not a good comparison to that.

As for the NG, did you scream and fume when other administration sent them to the border? Does it have to be a crisis for them to go there? A caravan has already admitted they are going to try and enter our country and illegal immigration is still a problem at our border. Do you guys just hate that it's Trump trying to do something now?

Old 04-05-2018, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Are you referring to the NG or the wall? The wall has already proven to work and is cost effective it also helps the Border Patrol do their jobs more effectively. Your analogy is not a good comparison to that.

As for the NG, did you scream and fume when other administration sent them to the border? Does it have to be a crisis for them to go there? A caravan has already admitted they are going to try and enter our country and illegal immigration is still a problem at our border. Do you guys just hate that it's Trump trying to do something now?

I didn't scream and fume when it was done this time.

I think the reaction, the tweets and all that are funny, because it's much ado about nothing, but sending the NG is the most reasonable (at least it's legal!!) of responses.

Of course I was talking about the wall. You do see the word "billions" right? It was not hyperbole, and I even previously post the cost of the NG being between 60 and 100 million.

Old 04-05-2018, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
I didn't scream and fume when it was done this time.

I think the reaction, the tweets and all that are funny, because it's much ado about nothing, but sending the NG is the most reasonable (at least it's legal!!) of responses.

Of course I was talking about the wall. You do see the word "billions" right? It was not hyperbole, and I even previously post the cost of the NG being between 60 and 100 million.

The topic is about Trump sending the NG to the border and this is one of your responses....

"Originally Posted by Mikala43
No. Reasonable people do not want to spend billions on a problem that is best handled with other, more cost effective means."

Old 04-05-2018, 12:38 PM

Quote:
The topic is about Trump sending the NG to the border and this is one of your responses....

"Originally Posted by Mikala43
No. Reasonable people do not want to spend billions on a problem that is best handled with other, more cost effective means."

Context matters in conversations. AGAIN, NG will cost between 60 and 100 million, based upon current estimates with an unknown duration time. I'm guessing the 100M will be for about a year, because that is comparable (IIRC) to what Obama spent for a year of NG at the border.

Old 04-05-2018, 12:46 PM

8,391 posts, read 7,648,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
That's just plain silly. Career civil service agents don't manipulate data- you must be confusing them with Trump's Cabinet members.
As I said, the Obama plants must have been really stupid because if the BP finding more people sneaking in is better, they should have manipulated Obama's numbers to show an upwards trend in arrests.

In all seriousness, Trump should be talking up how the fact that the BP had to make the fewest arrests of illegals along the border since 1971 shows that his illegal immigration policies are working.

Instead, he's talking about a motley group of 1000 people who aren't anywhere near the U.S. border. They haven't even made it to Mexico City yet. He's making it sound like his anti-illegal plan is a total failure.

If I was the President, I'd be focusing on all of the POSITIVE numbers like fewer apprehensions of illegals sneaking across the border to show what I have already accomplished.

Congress might be more willing to give him the money for the wall and other parts of his plan if he convinces them that the plan is already working.

I think in the long run, that will turn out to be a tactical error on the President's part.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies