Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2018, 02:31 PM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,596,838 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
Women on welfare should have to get Depo Provera birth control shots every three months or be offered the option of free tubal ligation. If they want more kids they can get a job or find a man to pay for them, not the taxpayers. We'd save a bloody fortune.

I'd also like to see job training by having these women take care of other women's kids in a community childcare in exchange for a small allowance and job referrals. They will learn how to show up on time for a job and follow orders. I'd like to see employers earn a tax break for hiring these women later.

"Give a (wo)man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime."
Why don't we just execute them while we're at it? (Sarcasm)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2018, 02:33 PM

34,039 posts, read 17,056,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
The bolded isn't true. My fiance is on the tail end of Medicaid until her benefits kick in at her new job, and she's had to pay her own phone bill every month

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZUpfqTUgyQ

7,588 posts, read 6,626,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay F View Post
The people who have it the worst in the U.S are the working class who don't qualify for any government handouts.Often these would be low income workers with no dependents or those who make slightly above the cut off for handouts.

The quality of life the welfare class lives is much higher than the non-welfare class just above them. The welfare class gets free food with food stamps, discount housing with Section 8, free cash with welfare, free medical with Medicaid. Not a worry in the world they are living the good life. As an added bonus the welfare class doesn't have to worry about inflation as all their handouts are adjusted for it.

It is time for the non-welfare working poor to be furious with the welfare poor. They should be coming out with pitchforks. There should be big protests in front of Section 8 communities.

The best thing the non-welfare poor could do is vote for far right wing politicians. Yes they mostly vote for Republicans today but the GOP does nothing to cut welfare programs. We need a replacement party (or a revised Republican party) that will make it priority #1 to end all welfare programs.
You've misidentified your enemy. This is what the republican party does - they divide the lower economic classes amongst themselves by making them fight for the table scraps while transferring the vast majority of the country's wealth to the wealthy. And you bought right into it like a good little peasant, didn't you?

1,225 posts, read 605,646 times
Quote:
Why don't we just execute them while we're at it? (Sarcasm)
Careful now, you’re giving away ideas for free.

36,853 posts, read 17,357,575 times
Quote:
The bolded isn't true. My fiance is on the tail end of Medicaid until her benefits kick in at her new job, and she's had to pay her own phone bill every month
Could depend on the state. I know in Ohio you can get your service paid for or a discounted internet service thru AT&T. You pay something like $10 for $60 internet level.

I'm not sure about where I am in California now because I don't know anyone on Medicaid here. I assume they would have something similar. This state gives everyone a free butt wiping after a bowel movement to anyone making less than $X per year.

Old 04-08-2018, 02:34 PM

34,039 posts, read 17,056,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigerlily87 View Post
So then people should be punished for their lack of earning power? For some households it’s cheaper for one parent to stay home while the other works because they care is so darn expensive.
Capped, not punished, based on how much they contributed in taxes in their lives.

Not a NET TAKER, a/k/a moocher.

Old 04-08-2018, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
I'm just pointing out a bunch of these "benefits" the right and libertarians point to don't actually exist

Old 04-08-2018, 02:36 PM

1,225 posts, read 605,646 times
Quote:
Capped, not punished, based on how much they contributed in taxes in their lives.

Sorry, that’s punished. You’re basically saying to a class of people that they didn’t have a good enough job to get more benefits. 10 K in food stamps for a family of say 4 wouldn’t even last you 2 years.

Old 04-08-2018, 02:37 PM

Quote:

As long as their is capitalism, there will always be "takers"; it's a side effect, as there is a legally determined minimum standard of living in this country (anti-homeless laws and occupancy laws) and that has a minimum dollar figure attached to it

Old 04-08-2018, 02:38 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,357,575 times
Quote:
I'm just pointing out a bunch of these "benefits" the right and libertarians point to don't actually exist
I'm not reading through all this but my sister is disabled in Ohio and on Medicaid. I think she has a choice: free phone service or the discounted internet via AT&T (god I'm sure there's some shadiness going on there).

https://www.safelinkwireless.com/Enr...lic/index.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies