Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-12-2018, 03:33 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,539,613 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog View Post
No, not that highly leveraged. This guy has multiple LARGE income streams with several recent multi-million dollar windfalls. There's no way he can spend money fast enough to not have $130K in liquidity. And even if he could be that highly leveraged, why would he? I don't believe it. There's something going on here. Mark my words.
Exactly! Why would someone mortgage their house for someone else? It's not like Trump can't afford it.

Old 04-12-2018, 03:38 PM

18,983 posts, read 9,080,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna-501 View Post
Exactly! Why would someone mortgage their house for someone else? It's not like Trump can't afford it.
Actually, we don't really know if that's true or not. We have only Trump's word about his wealth. And we all know what Trump's word is worth.

Old 04-12-2018, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
Talks between Mueller's team and Trump's legal team about POTUS sitting down for an interview have died since Cohen's office was raided.

https://twitter.com/NBCNews/status/984520859535790082
I knew that was going to happen.

Old 04-12-2018, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by exm View Post
You guys are overthinking this. 90% of America doesn't care about Mueller and are not paying attention.

Rosenstein's days are number, I think that's a given. He'll probably keep Sessions in power though.
Link?

Old 04-12-2018, 03:50 PM

6,046 posts, read 4,819,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna-501 View Post
Maybe the lack of a new mortgage (line of credit) plus the actual trace of where the $130k came from was the proof that Mueller passed on to the FBI?

Old 04-12-2018, 04:01 PM

37,224 posts, read 19,219,451 times
Quote:
You guys are unbelievable. It's not LITERALLY knocking in doors, but you know: a FBI raid at 3AM in 3 different locations is figuratively knocking in doors.

The point is that it's HIGHLY unusual for this a raid on a lawyer to be approved. So either they found a willing judge (and don't give me the judges are impartial crap), or there is a major underlying crime. Violating election rules shouldn't be a high enough bar to justify a raid like this.
It wasn't. This is about money laundering while Cohen was fundraising for the RNC and in Miami, his ties to Cambridge Analytica and Gazprom, payoffs to any other Trump sexual assault accusers, conspiring to obstruct justice, and probably a laundry list of specifics beyond that of lesser import.

Last edited by cuebald; 04-12-2018 at 04:29 PM..

Old 04-12-2018, 04:01 PM

8,502 posts, read 3,344,621 times
Quote:
You guys are overthinking this. 90% of America doesn't care about Mueller and are not paying attention.

Rosenstein's days are number, I think that's a given. He'll probably keep Sessions in power though.
I don't "care" enough to have been posting on this thread or others like the Stormy Daniels one (this was quick pop-in) and certainly haven't been paying attention for I'm sick to death of hearing about Trump.

I get enough of him on matters related to other national issues.

From Trump's actions, it doesn't at all surprise me there's something to hide that's probably financial. Mueller will either find it or he will not. It will either be impeachable or it will not. Time will tell.

So you can put me in the 90 percent. However, if he tried to fire Mueller that in and off itself would become "proof" enough to stir.

I think you'll find that 90 percent figure falling thru the floor real fast.

Thinking more ... the difference is that like him or not he's still the legitimate President.

Firing Mueller would have the effect of him delegitimizing himself ... of crossing or skirting a Constitutional line.

All bet's are then off.

Old 04-12-2018, 04:33 PM

16,376 posts, read 22,494,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
It wasn't. This is about money laundering while Cohen was fundraising for the RNC and in Miami, his ties to Cambridge Analytica and Gazprom, payoffs to any other Trump sexual assault accusers, conspiring to obstruct justice, and probably a laundry list of specifics beyond that of lesser import.
"conspiring to obstruct justice"? Any idea of the details? This is different from firing Comey,right?

Old 04-12-2018, 04:40 PM

10,513 posts, read 5,169,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
Bingo. We also know that Cohen when to Prague in Aug 2016 and met with Russian agents. The Daniels payoff may have been enough for a judge to sign the warrant -- but the FBI may have really hit paydirt with documents and evidence for the many things you listed as well as the Russian liaison meeting.

Also, I do not think it is a coincidence that Ryan announced his retirement shortly after the Cohen raid -- they both have RNC ties. Repubs know Mueller's got the goods and will deliver major indictments: that's why Nunes shut the House investigation down early, it's why Trey Gowdy quit, it's why dozens of Repubs are not running for reelection. A storm is a comin.'

Old 04-12-2018, 04:49 PM

26,584 posts, read 14,454,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Member1 View Post
that's the first time i've heard of the lawyer in a lawsuit pleading the 5th.

from the link:

“I find this incredibly ironic because Donald Trump has been very outspoken in the past about people that plead the Fifth,” Avenatti noted."

yes he has:

"If you are not guilty of a crime, what do you need immunity for ? The mob takes the Fifth Amendment. If you're innocent, why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?"

- Donald J Trump
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies