Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2018, 11:03 AM

3,046 posts, read 2,383,080 times

Advertisements

A gun should never be drawn over theft
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2018, 11:05 AM

11,404 posts, read 4,082,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
The cop didn't see this guy pay for the item, only saw him reach over the counter to grab the mints instead of the sales clerk handing it over. .
So the cop went straight to "deadly force" mode by drawing his weapon over a possible case of stolen mints?

Old 05-06-2018, 11:26 AM

2,361 posts, read 2,536,355 times
I think the officer should have shot him. For all he knew, the guy could have been planning to drop them in a Coke and create a deadly soda geyser.

Today, knives in London. Tomorrow, soda geysers in America.

Old 05-06-2018, 11:57 AM

20,955 posts, read 8,668,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post

Seems to me the clerk could have defused this, but chose instead to stand there like a mute fool.

Ah, so minimum wage workers should now how to act perfectly in life and death situations.....I think I get it.

Do you think that clerk gets lifetime health care, fat pension, union representation and the ability (99% plus chance) to be proven innocent if he shoots someone??

Expectations of people are in line with their responsibility. A clerk has very few.

Old 05-06-2018, 12:18 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,185,642 times
Quote:
The cop didn't see this guy pay for the item, only saw him reach over the counter to grab the mints instead of the sales clerk handing it over. The clerk should have spoken up sooner. THE COP APOLOGIZED.

Much ado about nothing. Good thing the customer wasn't black or the taxpayers would be on the hook for a fat settlement.
LMAO...nice.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haakon View Post
Dishonest Obamabots like you give liberals a bad name, not that they need any help. If you were in any way honest you'd admit he was right. If the customer had been black there would be protests, riots, CNN/MSNBC/Huffington would be running the story 24x7 for days. But he wasn't, so there won't be.
Really? Where were the riots and protests over the murder of Alton Sterling?

Old 05-06-2018, 12:29 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,185,642 times
This cop needs to be fired immediately. And he should be charged with brandishing a weapon at a citizen unjustifiably.

Crap like this really angers me. This is why people are increasingly suspicious of cops.

Old 05-06-2018, 12:41 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,528,572 times
Quote:
The cop didn't see this guy pay for the item, only saw him reach over the counter to grab the mints instead of the sales clerk handing it over. The clerk should have spoken up sooner. THE COP APOLOGIZED.

Much ado about nothing. Good thing the customer wasn't black or the taxpayers would be on the hook for a fat settlement.
The cop was an a$$ and shouldn't be a cop. I am pretty sure that if you are going to steal them you won't put it in your pocket in front of the clerk how is giving you change. I hope he sues the crap out of them.

Old 05-06-2018, 12:42 PM

11,404 posts, read 4,082,970 times
I'm still struggling to wrap my head around the cop's logic.

Cop thought he saw a man stealing a pack of mints....so he pulled a gun on him?!

Old 05-06-2018, 12:46 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,528,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
i gotta agree with don here, i too normally support the cops, but in this case, no. this cop needs to be severely reprimanded, sent back to the academy and given a refresher course in dealing with the public, and possible petty crimes, at the very least.

personally i think the cop should be fired over the incident as he has proven that he is an irresponsible officer, and will probably be involved in a high profile shooting incident in the future.

i can see the clerk though, probably seeing someone pull a gun for the first time in his life, and not knowing what was going on and he just stood there in shock, so i give the clerk a pass.

Old 05-06-2018, 12:47 PM

4,134 posts, read 2,836,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
I'm still struggling to wrap my head around the cop's logic.

Cop thought he saw a man stealing a pack of mints....so he pulled a gun on him?!
Yep, absolute stupidity on full display.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies