Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2018, 02:39 PM

5,725 posts, read 11,720,684 times

Advertisements

Internet comedians have been visiting the Buena Park PD Facebook page. Worth a look before they deactivate the page.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2018, 02:49 PM

3,106 posts, read 1,771,580 times
The cop is clearly unstable. His actions make me think he's the type that will shoot first ask questions later.

Old 05-06-2018, 02:54 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,858,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
In that hypothetical situation which would likely never happen, then he may or may not have the right (I suppose it depends on his position, contract, training, local - state and federal laws)....

But this was not that. Not even close.

If the till were open and the clerk was shoveling cash toward a guy with a gun...or even a guy with a baseball bat threatening the clerk...then, yeah, that's where the line is drawn. He can pull then....assuming he is trained.

Remember, just because you are a cop doesn't mean you are up to date in terms of street training. Some of them go their entire careers and never drawn a gun in anger....not exactly what we'd call experienced.

In the OC, chances are they often find shoplifters - made-up gals with breast implants at the local malls trying to sneak out with some article of clothing or makeup. I doubt they pull gun on them, tho, as they get in their valet-delivered Porsche.
you seem to think that i am making excuses for the cop, and ALL my posts in this thread indicate otherwise.

Old 05-06-2018, 03:09 PM

2,528 posts, read 1,658,201 times
I'm usually with the police, but this one should be jailed for 2-3 years for endangering the public.

Old 05-06-2018, 03:11 PM

6,844 posts, read 2,848,777 times
I posted a video. Wrong thread lol. Damned multitab browsing lol.

I hope the cop loses his job.

Old 05-06-2018, 03:12 PM

6,393 posts, read 4,117,869 times
I'm confused about something. How long does an investigation into this take? Because it's been at least a month.

Old 05-06-2018, 03:32 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,232,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maf763 View Post
Internet comedians have been visiting the Buena Park PD Facebook page. Worth a look before they deactivate the page.
From the page:

Quote:
A message from our Chief of Police:

In an effort to be transparent, I am sharing an article with you that was in the OC Register today regarding an off-duty incident that occurred involving one of our police officers. The video of the incident clearly shows our officer drawing his gun, but not pointing it, at a subject he allegedly believed was committing a theft inside the mini-mart of a Chevron gas station in Buena Park. We were aware of this incident after it occurred and we immediately began conducting an administrative investigation into the conduct of the officer involved. The complainant also filed a formal complaint against the officer alleging misconduct and also retained an attorney. I want you to know that after I watched the video I found it to be disturbing, as I’m sure it was to you. However, because there is an ongoing personnel investigation and potential litigation pending against the city, I am unable to discuss the details of our investigation. I can definitely assure you that our investigation will be thorough and if the officer is found to be in violation of any policies and procedures, he will be held accountable. Thank you for your patience and understanding.
I'll believe it when I see it.

Old 05-06-2018, 03:37 PM

23,642 posts, read 12,561,414 times
He has no business being a cop, even an unarmed one. He needs to fired and charged. The clerk had no idea that he was a cop at first, and even if he'd known he was probably too scared to say anything to a cop who would pull a gun for so little reason.

Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
Watch at 36 seconds into that video, the cop is already reaching behind his back to get his gun out, and he had just walked in. For someone in LE, he should have been more in control of himself, and not ready to shoot someone.

This could have turned out really bad, good thing the victim was cool and did everything right. I bet that cop will be holding a desk job over this one.
No he wasn't. He was digging out his money from the front pocket of his shorts, he didn't go for his gun until the 1:00 mark.

Old 05-06-2018, 07:54 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,221,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maf763 View Post
Yeah, residents of BP are pretty pyssed off. I read the comments. I was kinda shocked because people in Orange County usually stand behind their Nazi cops no matter what....historically.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mash123 View Post
I'm usually with the police, but this one should be jailed for 2-3 years for endangering the public.
I’m usually with whomever is right. And cops are wrong a helluva lot nowadays.

Old 05-06-2018, 10:22 PM

9,189 posts, read 7,604,210 times
Good lord that cop was an idiot. And even if he did steal that pack of mentos, why did he have to pull out his gun?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies