Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-10-2018, 12:42 AM

21,989 posts, read 15,725,865 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
Then is not free trade...you can't put a 270% tariff on our products and call it protection and then cry and complain when we do it to your products coming in our country.

What is Trump supposed to tell our farmers? "sorry folks, Canada only has 35 million people so they get special treatment over you, sucks to be you...by the way, vote for me in 2020, I broke my promises"....
Well Trump had no problem insulting one of our largest dairy customers - Mexico. An enterprising country would be buying a lot of cows right now and tell U.S. farmers to go pound sand just because Trump seems to think he's the only person that matters.

America’s $1.2 Billion Mexico Milk Trade Is Now at Risk
The biggest U.S. dairy importer is talking with New Zealand and buying more from the EU. Guess why.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...is-now-at-risk
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2018, 12:43 AM

7,682 posts, read 5,535,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
Then is not free trade...you can't put a 270% tariff on our products and call it protection and then cry and complain when we do it to your products coming in our country.

What is Trump supposed to tell our farmers? "sorry folks, Canada only has 35 million people so they get special treatment over you, sucks to be you...by the way, vote for me in 2020, I broke my promises"....
U.S. dairy exports to Canada are 5 TIMES HIGHER than dairy imports from Canada. Do you really think dairy farmers would be happy to see that trade disappear due to Trump?

Old 06-10-2018, 12:46 AM

21,989 posts, read 15,725,865 times
Once the G-6 figure out how to work around the U.S., it's going to be a challenge to repair the damage. And unfortunately, I feel like if any tragedy happened to the U.S., Trump's created so much ill will, there would not be a lot of sympathy.

Old 06-10-2018, 01:55 AM

9,569 posts, read 5,631,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
Does being a total assh--- to our allies rise to a "high crime and misdemeanor"? I think it does.

Trump is friendlier with Putin and Kim Jong Un than he is with our European allies. What an insult to our WWII veterans.

Trump is the single biggest embarrassment in the history of this nation, bar none.
Well this is what he thinks about our veterans.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UNugcPeCZZE

Old 06-10-2018, 02:37 AM

1,991 posts, read 901,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MUTGR View Post
He's also the best POTUS we've had in my lifetime, and I'm 50.

Trump's the worst disaster of a POTUS we have had in my lifetime, and that's including Nixon, Carter, and Bush.

Old 06-10-2018, 02:38 AM

18,032 posts, read 27,479,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
President Refuses to Sign G-7 Statement; Insults Trudeau

Another proud moment for Trump. I did not vote for him, bu he shows his stuff. He does not need or want a joint communique with countries that have for centuries shed people to the United States. He does not tke a supplicant posture, unlike his predecessor.

Now on to Singapore and more greatness for our country!
Trump smashed Trudeau's hand in the cookie jar, in his own crib no less, then set sail for Singapore, where he'll stave off a plan to blow us all up, but the liberal lefty Democrats would rather us all blow up and go broke doing it than to have to thank Trump for preventing it.

All in a day's work.

^

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomC23 View Post

Trump's the worst disaster of a POTUS we have had in my lifetime, and that's including Nixon, Carter, and Bush.
Waa! Not My Pwesident! Waa!

Old 06-10-2018, 04:20 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,336,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
it appears forgotten that a trade agreement is a contract. our trading partners have long since broken their end of the bargain --we looked the other way in the interest of "global economy promotion"
mr trump has a business sense of--- what is a contract.
Trade agreements are signed by its participants trump is now tearing up all trade agreements making future trade agreements with the USA not worth the paper they are written on,and by default we may start to see the rest of the world carry on trade excluding America . An example of how it works =https://www.theguardian.com/australi...-in-snub-to-us

Old 06-10-2018, 05:04 AM

35,098 posts, read 17,051,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
Trump smashed Trudeau's hand in the cookie jar, in his own crib no less, then set sail for Singapore, where he'll stave off a plan to blow us all up, but the liberal lefty Democrats would rather us all blow up and go broke doing it than to have to thank Trump for preventing it.
Good post. But actually I think Trump will pull a "Reykjavik" at this meeting, and then a non-appeasement deal will be cut.

Old 06-10-2018, 05:17 AM

9,742 posts, read 4,500,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason3000 View Post
Nonsense. You keep trying to push that red herring though.

It's very simple. Canada is abusing us via NAFTA. Our closest ally shouldn't be doing that. That's the insult, not Trump standing up to it. Justin refuses to even consider renegotiating or making a deal fair to both sides.

That means we're going to have to teach them the hard way. NAFTA is dead & tariffs will destroy Canada. Steel and auto manufacturing will relocate to the U.S. Justin thought Trump was bluffing. It won't be long until Justin sees the light & decides bi-lateral negotiations are a good idea.
Trump said it at G7. Wants no tariff. No subsidies. Pure fee trade.

Old 06-10-2018, 05:29 AM

10,659 posts, read 10,733,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
Does being a total assh--- to our allies rise to a "high crime and misdemeanor"? I think it does.

Trump is friendlier with Putin and Kim Jong Un than he is with our European allies. What an insult to our WWII veterans.

Trump is the single biggest embarrassment in the history of this nation, bar none.
What a crock.... "Hold you friends close but your Enemies closer" is real....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies