Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-08-2018, 12:53 PM

25,447 posts, read 9,813,207 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
I don't care. Marriage is supposed to be between a man and a woman.
Says you. Fortunately you don't have the right to impose that belief on other people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2018, 12:56 PM

24,511 posts, read 33,321,730 times
Overturning:

Roe VS Wade.... No.

Same-sex "marriage".... Yes

Old 09-08-2018, 01:17 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,204,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buildings_and_bridges View Post
You have a right to believe that, and to, of course, decline to marry someone of the same sex, but why do you feel the need to impose this view on others?
Of course I do have that right. I am not imposing any thing on anybody. Why do "you people" have to impose your homosexuality on the rest of "us"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
Says you. Fortunately you don't have the right to impose that belief on other people.
I don't want to. It is my personal opinion.

Old 09-08-2018, 01:33 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,720,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
For those interested, the plank urging the nullification of gay marriage is right there at the top of page 32. I didn’t look for the plank on RvW, because the idea that the R party has given up on this issue after 40 years is screaming about it is just too ridiculous.
Abortion is in the GOP platform too, in fact it's mentioned some 37 times in the GOP platform and says they explicitly oppose it. They also oppose contraception education in the schools. Basically, Republicans want to go back to the Victorian era.

I think in the Republican mind, getting pregnant is something the woman does and the man is innocent. If the woman becomes pregnant and the man leaves her, it is clearly the woman's fault. If the woman is making minimum wage and the man is barely working, she becomes pregnant, he takes off, it was clearly her poor choices and man was the victim.

Last edited by Ibginnie; 09-12-2018 at 09:37 AM.. Reason: off topic

Old 09-08-2018, 01:35 PM

27,575 posts, read 28,680,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
All you would be doing is making women go look up on the Internet how to give themselves abortions at home. Please explain why at home abortions are smarter to do.
All I'm saying is that if a woman is going abort her pregnancy, she needs to do it in the first trimester. That is enough time to decide.

After that, it should be illegal. That is too close to infanticide.

Old 09-08-2018, 02:15 PM

4,050 posts, read 6,141,526 times
Quote:
Of course I do have that right. I am not imposing any thing on anybody. Why do "you people" have to impose your homosexuality on the rest of "us"?
How are we doing that? (I'm not gay, but I don't mind being under that umbrella).

Have you ever thought about how straight people push their lives onto everyone else? I'm not complaining. I want everyone to be happy. But when people get engaged, they want to tell everyone. Also, when they get married, and when they're having pregnant. Coworkers want to talk to you about their dates. People sometimes place pictures of their husbands/wives and kids at their desks at work. I've been propositioned by married people, despite having zero interest in that. If none of this bothers you, then why should gay people getting married bother you?

As for your assertion that you're "not imposing anything," I have to refer back to the OP. If you want Obergfell v. Hodges overturned and would push for, donate money for that cause, etc., then you are imposing on others.

Old 09-08-2018, 02:15 PM

5,455 posts, read 3,389,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
Wonder how many lives would be saved if they overturned Roe v. Wade?
I don't want the death of babies either!! But what can we do that is fair for the already born children who have no father present and in many cases, mothers who are most likely forced to take welfare in order to provide for their child?

I don't think there enough options for a woman to raise a child on their own. How about presenting some solutions to prevent the abortion option. What about free daycare for a start? That might help a lot. How about equal pay? What about free transportation? All of these are small compensations for saving the unborn.

For the most part I think women get "stuck" with raising the child for their life-time even though a male had a 50/50 part in it. Women have a "point of no return too". And there are instances where women are not cooperative in a sexual encounter but are seduced or forced or raped or otherwise compromised. Also many times the woman does not want to reveal the father's name. I get that too.

Hasn't a law been made for the male participants to take full responsibility for what they created too rather than oppress a woman for making the baby? If men were able to carry a baby inside what would abortion look like?

And everybody should already know that condoms do not prevent pregnancies effectively. In fact they are the worst birth control out there alongside the rhythm method.

Old 09-08-2018, 03:08 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,720,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitty61 View Post

And everybody should already know that condoms do not prevent pregnancies effectively. In fact they are the worst birth control out there alongside the rhythm method.
Ha, the rhythm method. My Catholic in-laws had four kids using the rhythm method.

Old 09-08-2018, 04:37 PM

4,009 posts, read 6,867,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
Ha, the rhythm method. My Catholic in-laws had four kids using the rhythm method.
My 2nd and 3rd children were conceived that way

Of course, no regrets, but it definitely shouldn't be relied upon as a primary form of BC. It did however work for my grandparents for the most part.

Old 09-08-2018, 07:20 PM

18,461 posts, read 7,094,796 times
Quote:
I don't care. Marriage is supposed to be between a man and a woman.
According to your God, which you have every right to follow and believe in.

Where you mess up is attempting to force that belief onto everyone else.

There is absolutely nothing in the Constitution that gives the government the right to regulate marriage.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies