Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-27-2018, 08:46 AM

18,983 posts, read 9,082,774 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
That is why THEY reside over 3rd world ****holes with a GDP lower than the state of Delaware, because they are so smart huh? Nice try though..
Really? So you would characterize all 193 countries of the UN as third world ****hole countries? Spoken like a true brainwashed believer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2018, 09:08 AM

16,352 posts, read 8,101,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
You obviously didn't watch the speech.

Here, listen to it. He gets laughter at the beginning from a comment he made (un-discernible) after he said "in less than two years my administration has accomplished more than almost any administration in the history of our country" (pause - no laughter). It's not clear what he said that got the laughter, but he then said, "Didn't expect that reaction, but that's okay," to which he gets applauded.

Through the rest of the speech, there is no laughter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KfVdIKaQzW8

You see, when you leftists lie, your lies are easily refuted, and you destroy your credibility in any future comments or reports. Nobody believes you anymore.
Face it. They laughed at him. He's a clown.

Old 09-27-2018, 09:18 AM

15,154 posts, read 11,630,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Really? So you would characterize all 193 countries of the UN as third world ****hole countries? Spoken like a true brainwashed believer.
It depends..are you stating that the leaders of ALL 193 countries "laughed" at Trump supposedly?

Old 09-27-2018, 09:21 AM

18,983 posts, read 9,082,774 times
Quote:
It depends..are you stating that the leaders of ALL 193 countries "laughed" at Trump supposedly?
The assembly laughed. I don't know if leaders from all 193 countries were present, but those who were laughed. You're the one who stated those who laughed were from third world ****hole countries. You tell me.

Old 09-27-2018, 09:27 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,500,035 times
Quote:
Keep going, you're doing maaahvelously.

Old 09-27-2018, 09:37 AM

14,400 posts, read 14,318,816 times
Quote:
That is why THEY reside over 3rd world ****holes with a GDP lower than the state of Delaware, because they are so smart huh? Nice try though..
I think you could benefit from a 9th grade geography course. So could Trump.

Old 09-27-2018, 09:46 AM

15,154 posts, read 11,630,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
The assembly laughed. I don't know if leaders from all 193 countries were present, but those who were laughed. You're the one who stated those who laughed were from third world ****hole countries. You tell me.
Next time, don't resort to subterfuge to try to make a point and you might get an accurate response..m'kay?

Old 09-27-2018, 09:52 AM

15,754 posts, read 7,600,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blktoptrvl View Post
Yes, I did watch it and it was obvious to me that they laughed at him. As for the rest, you know (or ought to know that is BS by now, but keep believing if you want. If you are so fact challenged that you have to see it with your own eyes, just go to 00:33 in the video...

"My administration has accomplished more than almost every administration in the history of our country..." That is when the laughing started. Trump had to pause and say "It's true" because he knew himself that they weren't buying his latest (at the time) lie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UyBw_dStqrg

I know you won't see the truth on FOX news, and you wont believe this video of trump moving his mouth as tie falls out because it is NOT on FOX news, but that doesn't change the fact that it happened.
Read Trump’s speech to the UN General Assembly

"In less than two years, my administration has accomplished more than almost any administration in the history of our country.
America’s — so true. (Laughter.) Didn’t expect that reaction, but that’s okay. (Laughter and applause.)"

Old 09-27-2018, 10:14 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,567,335 times
Quote:
Next time, don't resort to subterfuge to try to make a point and you might get an accurate response..m'kay?
Subterfuge? Hahahaha, that’s rich considering you’re the one trying to claim that whatever trump said that made the UN laugh at him was “indiscernible “. Total baloney. Funny how that part you can’t make out but all the rest you can. Baloney.

Old 09-27-2018, 10:34 AM

29,552 posts, read 9,733,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LGR_NYR View Post
Oh my God you don't get it do you. The world montary standard is the dollar. Our Credit markets, Stock markets and money markets are the strongest in the world. We are the number one energy producing country in the world. We take on more imported good than anyone else in the world. Sure we owe China a ton of money. They could take it out of the bond market if they wanted too. It would plunge us into a depression and bankrupt China and Russia at the same time. Who do you think would survive long term if such a thing were to occur. We allowed these countries to abuse us for far too long. They should have been dealt with like children. Trust, but verify. Trump is setting this country up for the next 50 years of prosperity.
Who is not getting what I wonder...

You think as if we're some third world country where greater powers have come in and exploited our resources, altered our politics, manipulated our currency, raped our environment, but the truth is that America has been an economic powerhouse for a long time now, with GDP second to none, doing trade wherever we can find trading partners -- to make money. We're some 6 percent of the world's population drawing over 30 percent of the world's energy resources. Who, exactly, is taking advantage of us? How, exactly?

Any clue about the many other countries that can make the same claim about us? Or why? Of course not...

We are enjoying prosperity today thanks to decades of domestic and foreign policy that has eventually got us here despite all the ups and downs. That people are now going to praise Trump with our economic good fortune today is hard enough to take seriously, but to ignore all that SHOULD be getting done to further America's prosperity, all NOT getting done, you've got to be a little clueless to do that.

Now, again the one thing Trump is doing is embarrassing himself and America in front of the U.N. of all places. No matter what you think of the U.N., you would think any POTUS would take advantage of an opportunity to speak in terms of a better world -- for all. How we can foster better relations, trade, in a mutually agreeable manner. Of course. How do we defeat terrorism? Make the world a safer place where all people can strive toward better prosperity. Israel and the Palestinians too. Syrians and Venezuela. Europe and the Middle East.

This is what we're supposed to be hearing from our leader, world leaders, not this self-absorbed propaganda that actually brings a body like the U.N. to laughter! Talk about missed opportunity. Please don't anyone look at this blundering world stage performance and suggest America isn't better than this. Please!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies