Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-05-2019, 04:34 PM

12,970 posts, read 9,664,852 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmondaynight View Post
What Liam Neeson described is how boys like Trayvon Martin end up dead. When a black person is carrying the weight of all black sins and assumed as guilty & are walking targets for justice seeking vigilante white people. Are we meant to praise him cause he didn’t find a victim?
Exactly
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2019, 04:41 PM

5,955 posts, read 2,883,450 times
Neeson is a bonafide card carrying lefty ,He gets to say things like this, and he gets a pass.

Old 02-05-2019, 04:47 PM

9,189 posts, read 7,604,210 times
Neeson didn't say but I wonder if he told the woman who was raped (who is deceased now) that he went out seeking a black man to kill because of what happened to her. I also feel uneducated that I didn't know there were black areas in Ireland.

Old 02-05-2019, 04:49 PM

9,189 posts, read 7,604,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ben young View Post
Neeson is a bonafide card carrying lefty ,He gets to say things like this, and he gets a pass.
Bc.

Old 02-05-2019, 04:57 PM

39,239 posts, read 27,623,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
Does one blonde, ditzy, white chick voting for Trump mean that all of them are racists?

Stick with me here...

I have surely seen some accusations to that effect on social media.

He was angry. He knew his friend was raped by a black guy.

I assume that if he knew his friend was raped by a redneck from Alabama, he'd have looked for a guy with a Confederate flag hat or the like, no?

I say he would have.

It was totally illogical and he knew it was totally illogical.

That is the point of him saying he was wrong and he was not thinking clearly and he feels bad about it.

He was not caught in some lie he's trying to squirm out of. He's admitting to having thoughts that he feels were wrong and that he feels bad for having.

I'm pretty sure that he could easily have found a black man in the city and egged the man on until the man crossed him if he REALLY wanted to hurt someone.

But, he did not.

Hell, at least he's honest.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
In today's climate, it's a bad idea to be honest - even if you follow it up with, 'I was wrong and I'm ashamed I felt that way.'

If he wanted to really find a black guy to take it out on, he would have done that.

I've been the victim of black on white crime, as have some people I care about. Did I go through some periods of time where I harbored some sick fantasies and ugly thoughts? You bet I did. It's human nature. Denying that is a lie. It's part of the stages one goes through when victimized, not unlike stages of grief. If one of the black posters were to state he'd had a horrific incident with a white guy, and went out for two weeks just waiting to kill a white guy looking to mess with him - I would completely understand his initial rage...as long as he didn't act on it.

If this was his mother, sister, or wife who was raped, you think he's going to deal with his rage rationally? Saying he wanted something to happen doesn't mean he really would have done that, by the way. I think the point in telling this was to put into context something in his movie.

Is what he said really that different than rappers talking about wanting or planning to kill a cop? Something that does happen? Where has your outrage been for that?

I agree with both of you

Old 02-05-2019, 05:02 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,054,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ben young View Post
Very true. A conservative would not get a pass for saying something racist. On the left, corporate Democrats and progressives will forgive someone in their ranks of doing something or saying something racist. The only people in the left that do not forgive for racism are radical sjws or anyone that believes on intersectionality.

Old 02-05-2019, 05:04 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zb8KEpkCdRo

I personally liked the above interview. This said, if he was a Trump supporter, he probably wouldn't have been treated by the media fairly.

This said, I think people just want to be treated fairly and honestly. No lies, you don't have to demonize somebody just because you don't like them.

Who cares he is a liberal? I say cut him some slack and just move the heck on already.

Old 02-05-2019, 05:24 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,054,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
I understand what you are saying, but I don't think someone like Neeson is someone you should worry about.

In my opinion, (and this is nothing but an opinion), the ONLY trustworthy people are the ones who won't pretend to be perfect all the time.

Neeson also said, he now feels ashamed about it.

I know a person who is the social justice warrior type who cannot stand Republicans or Donald Trump. He once said, "All (yes, you heard me right, ALL) black people walk around with a constant chip on their shoulder feeling like the whole world owes them something" Of course he said it behind closed doors, he would never admit it in the classroom. (He was a college professor.)

I have a very close friend who didn't like black folks at all when he was a teenager. He completely changed his views after he joined Marine Corps. He always says, "I used to use N word, I'd admit it, but now I realized I was just being stupid." He is one of the most loving man I have known my entire life.

You cannot judge a person based on their past thought. When somebody admit they used to be wrong and they can face themselves honestly, give them credit and accept them as the people they are today. At least this is what I would do.
I like your empathy and compassion for forgiveness. Plenty of people, especially those in echo chambers of thr intersectionality movements do not forgive or have a hard time for giving when adults do obscene stuff in the past. Sadly no one is not perfect Zander adults do morally sin against culture norms that seem to be standard for thr vocal minority who are powerful. I wish more people were like you. I also understand what green mariner is talking about. If something happened in a mostly white area, and green mariner is one of thr only few black men, and the criminal who committed the crime is black, thr community to certain degree will turn against the black men. This is why in society, people should let law enforcement put facts together before we become vigilantes and end up hurting the wrong person. The left does the same thing too like Charlottesville and covington. Accusing people of being racist when no one did not racist or participated in racist action. People's emotions cloud judgments.

Old 02-05-2019, 05:25 PM

27,194 posts, read 13,482,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzy24 View Post
Neeson didn't say but I wonder if he told the woman who was raped (who is deceased now) that he went out seeking a black man to kill because of what happened to her. I also feel uneducated that I didn't know there were black areas in Ireland.
Neeson's wife Natasha Richardson tied in a tragic skiing accident in 2009, I think he has been through enough since then and I am more than happy to let him be, as I don't think he's a racist, I just think he's been through some tough times.

BBC NEWS | Entertainment | Natasha Richardson dies aged 45

Old 02-05-2019, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
I like your empathy and compassion for forgiveness. Plenty of people, especially those in echo chambers of thr intersectionality movements do not forgive or have a hard time for giving when adults do obscene stuff in the past. Sadly no one is not perfect Zander adults do morally sin against culture norms that seem to be standard for thr vocal minority who are powerful. I wish more people were like you. I also understand what green mariner is talking about. If something happened in a mostly white area, and green mariner is one of thr only few black men, and the criminal who committed the crime is black, thr community to certain degree will turn against the black men. This is why in society, people should let law enforcement put facts together before we become vigilantes and end up hurting the wrong person. The left does the same thing too like Charlottesville and covington. Accusing people of being racist when no one did not racist or participated in racist action. People's emotions cloud judgments.
So well said
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies