Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2019, 06:31 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,758,281 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NomadicDrifter View Post
Please source these numbers. And also source the number of Muslims killed by those religions so we can have perspective.
Why stop there?

How many Muslims have been killed by Muslims?

How many Jews were killed by Christians?

How many have been killed by Christians wars and invasions?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2019, 06:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan85 View Post
Isn't cultural diversity wonderful!- NOT!!
The all volunteer ultra orthodox patrols have been around since the 60’s.

Old 02-22-2019, 06:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
Seems reasonable to me and Muslims have NO BUSINESS going around with patrols that look like police operations. Take your diversity and shove it, NYC.
Obviously no law against it.

Do you have a similar issue with the ultra orthodox and Asian patrols in NY?

From time to time the NYC counsel has granted public funds to these community organizations to buy vehicles.

Old 02-22-2019, 06:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post

While I do not know all the details, in other places Muslims that set up "community patrols", they are not designed to enforce existing local, state and federal laws like say the Guardian Angels.
Instead they are enforcing their theological adherence laws, which is the antithesis of what America is all about.
Muslims wanting to keep their religious beliefs, but also assimilate into American culture are certainly welcome like any other legal immigrant.
However that does not mean they can start creating enclaves where women, homosexuals or infidels can be harmed for lack of religious adherence.

`
Same can be said for some of the ultra- orthodox patrols.

Some of these patrols have a long history of encouraging ultra orthodox to contact them before or instead of the Police.

Some of these patrols have a long history of attempting to enforce Jewish laws and discouraging non Jews from spending time in their neighborhoods.

And lastly, some ultra orthodox rabbis have warned of serious consequences for Jews who inform on Jews to secular authorities.

There are endless brands of Judaism, Islam and especially Christianity. And some of them believe their way is the only way.

Old 02-22-2019, 06:52 AM

8,447 posts, read 4,755,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post

Some of these patrols have a long history of encouraging ultra orthodox to contact them before or instead of the Police.

Some of these patrols have a long history of attempting to enforce Jewish laws and discouraging non Jews from spending time in their neighborhoods.

And lastly, some ultra orthodox rabbis have warned of serious consequences for Jews who inform on Jews to secular authorities.

There are endless brands of Judaism, Islam and especially Christianity. And some of them believe their way is the only way.
You keep bringing up the Jews but I think you are misunderstanding the reason few people are challenging you on that. I think you can consider the point made.

Old 02-22-2019, 06:58 AM

2,362 posts, read 778,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Nope-they are considered "unclean". By people that wipe their bum with their bare hands.
Muslims allow dogs and even keep dogs. They're viewed as unclean, which means dogs are not allowed in the house (can be kept in your yard), and you need to wash every time you interact with a dog.

Muslims have stricter cleanliness traditions than Christians. This is a fact. In countries where they both share space, like in many African countries, Muslims have been shown to catch less diseases due to strict cleanliness customs enforced in Islam.

Of course, in undeveloped countries where running water is a luxury, both Christians and Muslims struggle to stay clean after they defecate but at least it's required Muslims to fully wash before every prayer, which is not true for Christians.

Old 02-22-2019, 06:59 AM

4,696 posts, read 5,824,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post

I am consistent with my values. Not being from NY I never heard of these ultra Orthodox patrols. I would ban them and arrest these Orthodox if they persist. I say that as a (reform/secular) Jew.

Old 02-22-2019, 07:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtnluver8956 View Post
Quran:

"Let us smile to the face of some people while our hearts curse them."

"not to make friendship with Jews and Christians” (5:51), “kill the disbelievers wherever we find them” (2:191), “murder them and treat them harshly” (9:123), “fight and slay the Pagans, seize them, beleaguer them, and lie in wait for them in every stratagem”
Your quote is out of context.

Very easy for some Muslims and non Muslims to cherry- pick all sorts of gems.

Same can be said of the gospels.

Old 02-22-2019, 07:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
^^^ Not only will progressives defend utterly regressive practices like these street patrols, they'll get real passionate about it... as if having uniformed religious zealots driving around in cop cars is the greatest thing ever. What is this insanity?
While I understand why some religious and ethnic communities believe such patrols are necessary, I can appreciate the potential for it to go sideways- religious coercion amongst their own.

Old 02-22-2019, 07:24 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,889,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtnluver8956 View Post
Quran:

"Let us smile to the face of some people while our hearts curse them."

"not to make friendship with Jews and Christians” (5:51), “kill the disbelievers wherever we find them” (2:191), “murder them and treat them harshly” (9:123), “fight and slay the Pagans, seize them, beleaguer them, and lie in wait for them in every stratagem”
I can cherry-pick the Bible as well.

You are CHOOSING to fear and hate a group of people. That's your choice. The rest of us do note need to make the same choice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies