Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2019, 12:37 PM

13,806 posts, read 9,713,823 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by madison999 View Post
Any person who fits that bill regardless of color probably has three traits; stupidity, laziness and they are poor.

You obfuscated to not answer the question. Explain why blacks are in an inferior socioeconomic condition without implying that they are innately inferior. I can explain it without implying that blacks are innately inferior by offering that the CAUSE of said EFFECT is centuries of racial oppression. Essentially, if you reject that the differential is caused by racial oppression accrued impact, then what is left to blame....but the nature of blacks?

That is the problem with many of you. You can't see the root premise of your own dissent...which is that the nature of blacks is inferior and this inferiority results in the inferior socioeconomic position and condition. If you REALLY linked the condition of inequality to racial oppression, then reparations becomes "understandable", if not agreeable. If one does not link the condition of inequality to the history of racial oppression, then reparations are not "understandable" as it is seen as not solving and not having the ability to solve innate racial inferiority.

Last edited by Indentured Servant; 03-18-2019 at 12:49 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2019, 12:50 PM

7,343 posts, read 4,372,747 times
Your stance and opinions are yours and not mine so why would I back them up?

Almost 5 million aa's have a bachelor's degree or higher. How do they fit into your views?

It seems like you're applying the habits of the worst of the worst and throwing everyone with a certain skin tone into that group...

Old 03-18-2019, 12:55 PM

Money does not fix stupidity I don't care what color the person is.

It use to be common for jobs and businesses to put Irish and blacks in the same category, not wanted. I'm Irish. Am I owed something?

Old 03-18-2019, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Your stance and opinions are yours and not mine so why would I back them up?

Almost 5 million aa's have a bachelor's degree or higher. How do they fit into your views?

It seems like you're applying the habits of the worst of the worst and throwing everyone with a certain skin tone into that group...

Again, it's worth noting that you failed to answer what was asked....and deployed deflection by answering with a question. If I were you and trying to hide from my subconscious and its TRUTH about YOU, I would probably be obfuscating, deflecting, transferring...and ultimately avoiding answering directly too, lest you reveal something about yourself to others.....as well as yourself.

Again, explain socioeconomic gaps without inferring an inferior black nature as the cause? You can't. Not while using conservative talking points and mantras.

You must be running for office because you dam sure are avoiding answering questions directly. Keep that up and you can be president too.

Old 03-18-2019, 01:10 PM

I think in terms of class.

Lots of people are retarded. Some of them are black. Does that make you happy?

Most African Americans are actually part white anyway. Typically 3-27% is what I read recently. So where you see one thing, I see another.

Old 03-18-2019, 01:17 PM

Quote:
I think in terms of class.

Lots of people are retarded. Some of them are black. Does that make you happy?

Most African Americans are actually part white anyway. Typically 3-27% is what I read recently. So where you see one thing, I see another.

Then explain why the percent of blacks in the lower class is 3 times higher than the percent of whites in the lower class. Explain the class differential without implying racial inferiority?

You won't do it because YOU CAN'T DO IT!!!! If you are not allowed to argue that blacks are inferior.....then you have no argument, which is why you will not answer the question. Sometimes refusing to answer.....reveals the answer.

Old 03-18-2019, 01:24 PM

19,387 posts, read 6,510,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
Then explain why the percent of blacks in the lower class is 3 times higher than the percent of whites in the lower class. Explain the class differential without implying racial inferiority?

You won't do it because YOU CAN'T DO IT!!!! If you are not allowed to argue that blacks are inferior.....then you have no argument.
You are claiming that any black person who isn't successful is due strictly to the effects of slavery? People make bad choices all the time. I know I have, but that doesn't make me inferior.

Stop blaming "the white man" and own up to responsibility.

Old 03-18-2019, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
You are claiming that any black person who isn't successful is due strictly to the effects of slavery? People make bad choices all the time. I know I have, but that doesn't make me inferior.

Stop blaming "the white man" and own up to responsibility.

That is illogical. I am claiming that the differentials between the white rate of poverty and the black rate of poverty is due to the history of racism. Of course, whites have poverty without having been historical victims of racism....thus....some parts of black poverty are also unrelated to the history of racism. The black poverty rate should be nearly the same as the white poverty rate, if not for the history of racism. That means that poverty would still exists among blacks, just like it exists now among some whites, even without the racist history.

Old 03-18-2019, 01:31 PM

A friend once said that black people think with their emotions.

Every black person I've ever known was lower or lower middle class like myself. I thought about it and that was an accurate statement for almost every single aa I'd ever known. Not all but almost all.

Then I thought about different races but still poor people. How do you think other races fit into that opinion?

Old 03-18-2019, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
That is illogical. I am claiming that the differentials between the white rate of poverty and the black rate of poverty is due to the history of racism. Of course, whites have poverty without having been historical victims of racism....thus....some parts of black poverty are also unrelated to the history of racism. The black poverty rate should be nearly the same as the white poverty rate, if not for the history of racism. That means that poverty would still exists among blacks, just like it exists now among some whites, even without the racist history.
What would reparations ideally mean to you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies