Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-17-2019, 09:31 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,912,657 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
If Roe v Wade was overturned, it would just go back to the people of the individual states to decide for themselves.
And the problem is it will hurt the.middle class and poor while the rich regardless of being Republican or Democrat will be able to afford transportation costs to pro-choice states.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2019, 09:56 PM

18,561 posts, read 7,380,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
I think it IS possible a 5-4 vote could overturn Roe v Wade. How would the women in this country react to such a reality--a return to back-alley butchers?
If Roe v. Wade were overturned (and obviously it was wrongly decided), it would not make abortion illegal.

Old 05-17-2019, 10:25 PM

14,400 posts, read 14,318,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbdwihdh378y9 View Post
If Roe v. Wade were overturned (and obviously it was wrongly decided), it would not make abortion illegal.
The Supreme Court has reaffirmed Roe in subsequent decisions. I find it amusing that you think you know more about constitutional law than all the justices on the court. Perhaps, you should try comedy.

Old 05-17-2019, 11:28 PM

7,541 posts, read 11,579,521 times
If they do overturn is before 2020 it Dems will win big because of it and it will make Trump a 1 term president.

Old 05-18-2019, 12:04 AM

10,219 posts, read 15,937,421 times
I'm downright tired of liberals and Democrats pushing THEIR agenda on the rest of us. When I say I hope that Roe vs Wade gets repealed, all that means is that those of us outside of the Northeast and California are able to run our own affairs and pass our own laws. Its not going to affect Planned Parenthood's ability to operate in New York, New Jersey or California and other liberal areas. Liberals are obsessed about pushing their views and policies nationwide. I can tell you that Louisiana is OVERWHELMINGLY a pro-life state and this is the ONE issue that nearly all voters (the city of New Orleans being an exception) agree on regardless of political party or race. Politics is otherwise very divided along racial and partisan lines here but pro-life is the thing that unites nearly everyone. Some of the strongest opponents of abortion in Louisiana are Democrat and/or black....even if some of these same Democrats are anti-police or pro-BLM and anti-2nd amendment. Even many gay people here are still pro-life.

As cliched as it is, we don't need New York values, Los Angeles values or Chicago values pushed on us.

Old 05-18-2019, 12:13 AM

9,049 posts, read 3,526,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodentraiser View Post
And then there's Georgia. A woman who travels out of state to get an abortion could be arrested and convicted of murder if she returned to the state. It's totally possible that Georgia would try to extradite her as well if she failed to return. Georgia's law will also convict anyone who helped a woman get an abortion out of state by giving her money or driving her over the state line.

And then you have to ask yourself, what about all the women who miscarry and will be accused of abortion in those instances? Those women can be tried and convicted of murder as well, since Georgia will be investigating all miscarriages. Same for women who smoke, drink, or do anything else during pregnancy that the state thinks might harm a fetus.
Serious question, do you actually believe anything you wrote here?

Stop reading Slate and Twitter. There are plenty of articles out there that can help you process the absurdity of what you wrote.

Old 05-18-2019, 12:49 AM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,619,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Lennox 70 View Post
I'm downright tired of liberals and Democrats pushing THEIR agenda on the rest of us. When I say I hope that Roe vs Wade gets repealed, all that means is that those of us outside of the Northeast and California are able to run our own affairs and pass our own laws. Its not going to affect Planned Parenthood's ability to operate in New York, New Jersey or California and other liberal areas. Liberals are obsessed about pushing their views and policies nationwide. I can tell you that Louisiana is OVERWHELMINGLY a pro-life state and this is the ONE issue that nearly all voters (the city of New Orleans being an exception) agree on regardless of political party or race. Politics is otherwise very divided along racial and partisan lines here but pro-life is the thing that unites nearly everyone. Some of the strongest opponents of abortion in Louisiana are Democrat and/or black....even if some of these same Democrats are anti-police or pro-BLM and anti-2nd amendment. Even many gay people here are still pro-life.

As cliched as it is, we don't need New York values, Los Angeles values or Chicago values pushed on us.
No one is forcing anyone to get an abortion, don't want one, don't get one, no need to ban it!

Old 05-18-2019, 01:28 AM

10,219 posts, read 15,937,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
No one is forcing anyone to get an abortion, don't want one, don't get one, no need to ban it!
So why is it so important to these New York and California liberals that abortion remain legal in Louisiana, West Virginia, and Georgia????

Old 05-18-2019, 01:57 AM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,619,501 times
Quote:
So why is it so important to these New York and California liberals that abortion remain legal in Louisiana, West Virginia, and Georgia????
Because a huge chunk of people in all 3 states don't agree with the ban (unlike you think). So just leave it legal, no one is forced to get one

Old 05-18-2019, 01:59 AM

30,976 posts, read 21,650,795 times
Quote:

Yeah, sure, who knows how many women in Louisiana strongly opposed to abortion go get them when they find the tables got turned on them and find themselves unintentionally pregnant? Keep abortion legal so such women can have a safe place to go for that. If abortion is banned in Louisiana, such women would help make Louisiana an export state for abortion.

"We have anti-choice women in for abortions all the time. Many of them are just naive and ignorant until they find themselves with an unwanted pregnancy. Many of them are not malicious. They just haven't given it the proper amount of thought until it completely affects them. They can be judgmental about their friends, family, and other women. Then suddenly they become pregnant. Suddenly they see the truth. That it should only be their own choice. Unfortunately, many also think that somehow they are different than everyone else and they deserve to have an abortion, while no one else does." (Physician, Washington State)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies