Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2019, 10:04 AM

15,640 posts, read 10,398,506 times

Advertisements

waoh....

Dad thinks daughter is an intruder, kills her - Story | WTTG

fox reports the dad that shot his daughter through the door was a drug dealer, possessing heroin and cocaine in the home.

Jermaine Pressley is charged with possession with intent to distribute heroin and cocaine.

was the gun illegally owned? probably
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2019, 10:06 AM

10,800 posts, read 3,597,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Oh look, using a tragedy for an agenda.
Which agenda?

Old 05-21-2019, 10:08 AM

10,800 posts, read 3,597,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert_J View Post
Per the laws of my state, the shoot would meet the requirement of being under roof. Front and rear porches are considered living areas. It may or may not meet the requirement of identifying all residents of the house. Was this daughter living there or did she stop by in the middle of the night unannounced? Was this after curfew and she should have been home hours ago? Did she sneak out and was coming back?

Yes. Years ago we had a family emergency and our home phone was having issues so a family member drove over to notify us. He had a key but did not enter the house. He beat on my bedroom window and then ran back into the yard. When I turned on the outside light, his first words were "Don't shoot! It's me!" He knew how to properly get in touch with me in the middle of the night.
Weird. i've never had to worry about knocking on any of my families or friends house at night and worry about being shot. Perhaps we all live in better neighborhoods, or have a better reverence for the sanctity of human life, rather than shoot first, ask questions later.

What a weird perspective people like you have. So very strange.

Old 05-21-2019, 10:46 AM

78,433 posts, read 60,640,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert_J View Post
And by the way, I have never owned a sports car and only got a truck 3 years ago. Does a Honda count as a jacked up 4WD?
No, but it makes you racist. It just does.

Old 05-21-2019, 11:13 AM

8,168 posts, read 3,130,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnOurWayHome View Post
The guy was super paranoid because of his extensive involvement with and the use of illegal drugs. That's why this happened.

Hell, you blaming guns is no different then blaming the car for the Chappaquiddick incident instead of the drunk driver.

Old 05-21-2019, 11:22 AM

18,161 posts, read 15,638,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
waoh....

Dad thinks daughter is an intruder, kills her - Story | WTTG

fox reports the dad that shot his daughter through the door was a drug dealer, possessing heroin and cocaine in the home.

Jermaine Pressley is charged with possession with intent to distribute heroin and cocaine.

was the gun illegally owned? probably

I said on the first page of this thread that it looked like the guy was expecting unwanted company. That panned out to be true. Was the gun illegal? Oh yea, I would lay credits to Navy beans on it. This story has morphed from a legal gun owner who was negligent to a criminal who was paranoid and was stupid.

This is NOT a case of legal gun ownership gone wrong. This is a criminal using an illegal weapon doing what criminals do.

Old 06-04-2020, 11:38 AM

8,342 posts, read 2,969,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeBear View Post
Bingo. At the very least, you yell at them asking who they are. If he had even done that, she'd likely be alive now.

He should be charged with manslaughter at a minimum.
He lost his daughter. That’s much worse than any manslaughter charge. He made a grave mistake, no doubt.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies