Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2019, 12:31 PM

18,161 posts, read 15,635,416 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
Oh, boo-hoo-hoo for him. Meanwhile, the real victim paid with her life, as they always do, because we insist in this country that any idiot, even those who lack the intelligence and presence of mind not to kill someone in a non-threatening situation because they got scared, MUST, MUST, MUST be allowed to own a firearm.

Let that sink in for a minute. We are not even allowed to question the mental capabilities of a gun owner. That is not allowed.

His daughter is just another victim of the out of control gun culture in this country.

Thoughts and prayers.

What "out of control gun culture?" With tens of millions of legal and legitimate firearms owners out here things are actually pretty quiet. Now criminal gun use is indeed out of control with carloads of gang members using illegal weapons turning the streets into Fallujah.

As bad as this incident is it is still an isolated case of one incompetent firearms owner in tens of millions. The legal shooting community is hardly a bloodbath. Hundreds of thousands of rounds go downrange safely every day. Just like millions of miles are driven safely every day. But in that mix it is inevitable that something will happen. And it does.

The shooting community is not out of control. That sounds sensational and oh so scary and advances an opinion in an attention grabbing way. But it's not true. For out of control look at criminal firearms use.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2019, 12:33 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,565,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty011 View Post
Thank you for your ignorant reply. Do you know me?? Hell no you don't so don't talk about what you don't know.
Apparently you don’t have an issue with people just shooting at people, Stable Mabel style, otherwise you wouldn’t be calling them snowflakes.

Old 05-20-2019, 12:35 PM

15,047 posts, read 8,876,449 times
Quote:
Thank you for your ignorant reply. Do you know me?? Hell no you don't so don't talk about what you don't know.
I guess calling those who disagree with you "liberal snowflakes who want to take away all rights and freedoms" isn't talking about what you don't know...?

Old 05-20-2019, 12:38 PM

13,608 posts, read 21,399,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Yeah yeah, it’s always a “complicated” issue. It’s always “we need to look at this more thoroughly “, blah blah blah. Same old excuses. But hey, thoughts & prayers, right?
Want to make it easy? The maniac who shot up the school in Florida posted threats online, was interviewed by police yet the pesky 4th and 5th amendments that makes police have to have probable cause and warrants to arrest someone and the right to privacy allowed the maniac to remain free to kill.

If police were just allowed to do their job more easily like arresting on a whim and locking someone away indefinitely without a trial we would all be safer right?

See how that goes? Civil liberty groups would be up in arms over such a thing but some people who are appalled at the thought of such a police state take the very stance at banning guns.

Old 05-20-2019, 12:41 PM

2,828 posts, read 825,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnOurWayHome View Post
My question would be, why would you shoot through the door without knowing who it was?

Old 05-20-2019, 12:41 PM

10,190 posts, read 7,957,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
I guess calling those who disagree with you "liberal snowflakes who want to take away all rights and freedoms" isn't talking about what you don't know...?
If the shoe fits..............you know the rest.

Old 05-20-2019, 12:44 PM

1,280 posts, read 1,396,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
Shot through the door. What a moron. As much as I support the 2A and the right to self defense I have to say there are some people who have no business having a firearm. It's really hard to weed them all out though. Some you can spot a mile away. Others not so much.

This cretin obviously had no business with a firearm. You NEVER fire blindly like that. But it happens. "Hunters" who shoot into the brush because it was moving is a biggy. The brush is twitching, must be a deer right? . In this case the door is rattling. Must be some goblin trying to get in.

Gotta wonder if this clown wasn't expecting unwanted company.
You guessed right with that last sentence. Father has been charged with possession with intent to distribute heroin and cocaine. Drug dealer protecting his stash.

Old 05-20-2019, 12:44 PM

10,190 posts, read 7,957,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Apparently you don’t have an issue with people just shooting at people, Stable Mabel style, otherwise you wouldn’t be calling them snowflakes.

My god! Another "person" who knows me. Damn!

Old 05-20-2019, 12:47 PM

6,895 posts, read 5,865,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
How would you determine beforehand this individual should not have a gun?
I'd say I'm pro-gun. I think they're an incredibly useful tool, and I like shooting - it's fun.

I'm also in favor of gun control. I'd like to see one or all of these three things happen:
1)background checks before all gun purchases - legal private sales would have to be conducted in front of a third party capable of doing so
2)guns registered to their owners, and you are held responsible for anything done with your gun
3)a mandatory gun safety test similar to a driving test

It wouldn't stop every dummy, but it'd make a dent. 3 might have caught up this guy or caused him to learn safer gun handling.

Of course, the problem is that there are already ten bajillion random guns floating around, which make any new initiative difficult to implement.

Old 05-20-2019, 12:48 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,565,470 times
Quote:
My god! Another "person" who knows me. Damn!
You came in here slinging insults, calling people snowflakes about people getting killed by guns so yeah, expect others to think that about you. Funny that instead of explaining
G yourself, you get huffy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies