Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2019, 01:25 PM

1,768 posts, read 568,288 times

Advertisements

Yes but at least he still has his gun which is more important anyway.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2019, 01:35 PM

18,161 posts, read 15,635,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmccormick71 View Post
Yes but at least he still has his gun which is more important anyway.

No. He does not have the gun. The police do. It's evidence and the gun has a body on it. How is it you figure he still has possession of the weapon? There's no way in hell. You're seriously misinformed and you're sharing.

Old 05-20-2019, 01:37 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,565,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by austinnerd View Post
I'm not religious, so no prayers and the only thoughts are on coming up with a solution that doesn't villainize (or conveniently ignore) those with mental health issues and treat them like circus freaks for whom society can take rights away just so we can feel cuddly and safe. If your solution for little johnny hitting kids in his classroom with a ruler is to remove rulers from the classroom, I would offer that while your solution would indeed lower the number of ruler events, that it doesn't help johnny and it doesn't help the classroom, all it does is help those who would pat themselves on the back for "taking care of the problem". We all know that simple knee jerk solutions are always best right
Oh please, knee jerk? This gun crap has been going on for awhile & the ONLY thing you guys keep saying is “let’s not be hasty”, blah blah blah. Knee jerk my eye. What’s hilarious is you guys can try to say this with a straight face. You don’t want any solutions because you guys don’t care, period.

Old 05-20-2019, 01:40 PM

78,434 posts, read 60,628,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
Says a right winger who wants to allow the government to own women's reproductive systems.

Meanwhile, let's keep letting the mentally incompetent own firearms. What could go wrong, right? (Let's ask this moron's daughter to answer that one.)
You just summed up your entire problem right there.

You're totally ok with the removal of rights if it falls along your political lines of R vs. D.

Many of the rest of us don't have that hang-up and are both in favor of gun rights and abortions.

I'll hope you have an epiphany about this, after all you don't have to *like* it, you just have to come to peace with people having freedoms that you may personally not want to exercise. Or you can remain just like some right winger railing about abortion.

P.S. The irony of this being the guys daughter and bringing up how there shouldn't be gun rights....and then referencing abortion was awesome though.

Old 05-20-2019, 01:40 PM

10,190 posts, read 7,957,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
No. He does not have the gun. The police do. It's evidence and the gun has a body on it. How is it you figure he still has possession of the weapon? There's no way in hell. You're seriously misinformed and you're sharing.

Exactly!! Most of these people have no idea what the hell they are talking about.

Old 05-20-2019, 01:43 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,230,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnOurWayHome View Post
Yep.

But demonize everybody for the actions of a few.

Old 05-20-2019, 01:50 PM

4,395 posts, read 4,913,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
The article said it was her home so, yes, she likely lived there. I cannot fathom why the father would shoot through the door.
On paper I still lived with my parents when I was away at college but I would never show up unannounced in the middle of the night. This was well before the invention of cell phones.

No matter where I have lived, when I get there I can pull out my keys and get into the house in just a few seconds. How did her father hear the doorknob rattling, go get a gun and come back to shoot her? Any tox report on her?

Old 05-20-2019, 01:52 PM

4,395 posts, read 4,913,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Yes, and accidents happen, and negligence happens in all facets of life. This guy was wrong, and will be charged as he should be.
A lot of prosecutors want to show some compassion and will say he has been through enough. That's just weak on their part. Getting tough on these types of negligent shootings would send a message.

Old 05-20-2019, 02:09 PM

18,161 posts, read 15,635,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty011 View Post
Exactly!! Most of these people have no idea what the hell they are talking about.

No kidding! I can't believe anyone would think this guy still has that gun. After the defensive shooting I was involved in my gun was taken at the scene and I never saw it again for over two months. But I did get it back. The gun involved here will get a ballistics print and go into evidence until trial. Afterwards it will be destroyed.

LOL, yea. The guy was allowed to keep the gun. Where do these people get this stuff?

Old 05-20-2019, 02:09 PM

3,080 posts, read 3,266,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Oh please, knee jerk? This gun crap has been going on for awhile & the ONLY thing you guys keep saying is “let’s not be hasty”, blah blah blah. Knee jerk my eye. What’s hilarious is you guys can try to say this with a straight face. You don’t want any solutions because you guys don’t care, period.
Could you be more specific with the term "you guys"? Which pigeon hole are you trying to put me in. Just curious. And more colour around your term "gun crap", are you referring to staunch pro 2A "no restrictions allowed" or anyone who is in the slightest bit pro gun. What would be your remedy? BTW, I applaud your psychic abilities but you may want to fine tune as it's obviously misreading my mind about my level of caring (though about what issue/proposed solution I'm not sure as you're just slinging generalities at this point).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies