Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2019, 02:16 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,565,470 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert_J View Post
On paper I still lived with my parents when I was away at college but I would never show up unannounced in the middle of the night. This was well before the invention of cell phones.

No matter where I have lived, when I get there I can pull out my keys and get into the house in just a few seconds. How did her father hear the doorknob rattling, go get a gun and come back to shoot her? Any tox report on her?
Ah yes, the ole blame the victim angle so widely used by certain people on here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2019, 02:17 PM

15,047 posts, read 8,876,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
You came in here slinging insults, calling people snowflakes about people getting killed by guns so yeah, expect others to think that about you. Funny that instead of explaining
G yourself, you get huffy.
I think he "explained himself" quite well, actually. He has judged every single liberal as a snowflake, but he gets his panties in a bunch when someone makes the same kind of sweeping generalization about him.

Which begs the question, who is the real snowflake here?

Old 05-20-2019, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by austinnerd View Post
Could you be more specific with the term "you guys"? Which pigeon hole are you trying to put me in. Just curious. And more colour around your term "gun crap", are you referring to staunch pro 2A "no restrictions allowed" or anyone who is in the slightest bit pro gun. What would be your remedy? BTW, I applaud your psychic abilities but you may want to fine tune as it's obviously misreading my mind about my level of caring (though about what issue/proposed solution I'm not sure as you're just slinging generalities at this point).
It should be obvious I meant the staggering number of gun deaths or shootings when I said gun crap.

Old 05-20-2019, 02:21 PM

15,640 posts, read 10,396,089 times
tragic beyond words for this parent who made a terrible mistake that resulted in the death of a beloved child. Not unlike parents who leave their child "for a second" and find them floating dead in the pool or accidentally run over their child while backing out of the driveway.

tragedies happen every single day.

Hug your kids!

Old 05-20-2019, 02:23 PM

15,047 posts, read 8,876,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
tragic beyond words for this parent who made a terrible mistake that resulted in the death of a beloved child. Not unlike parents who leave their child "for a second" and find them floating dead in the pool or accidentally run over their child while backing out of the driveway.

tragedies happen every single day.

Hug your kids!
Yeah, because willfully shooting blindly through a door is exactly like turning your head for a second and losing sight of a toddler.

Old 05-20-2019, 02:29 PM

10,190 posts, read 7,957,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
I think he "explained himself" quite well, actually. He has judged every single liberal as a snowflake, but he gets his panties in a bunch when someone makes the same kind of sweeping generalization about him.

Which begs the question, who is the real snowflake here?

LOL!! There is no doubt who are the snowflakes here. Can you say liberal?

Old 05-20-2019, 02:34 PM

3,080 posts, read 3,266,345 times
Quote:
It should be obvious I meant the staggering number of gun deaths or shootings when I said gun crap.
Actually no, it's not so obvious which is why I asked for clarification. So if you're addressing gun deaths, you are claiming that my perspective, when dealing specifically with the issue of mental illness, of trying to balance those deaths with the rights of those who have some form of mental illness is wrong headed. So I ask again, what are you suggesting is a better approach? All you've done is broad stroke criticize without once addressing anything I've said esp. considering my comments were focused more on the rights of those who may suffer from some form of mental illness while you seem focused on the guns.

Old 05-20-2019, 02:36 PM

4,395 posts, read 4,913,619 times
Quote:
Ah yes, the ole blame the victim angle so widely used by certain people on here.
I haven't placed blame because I'm not a prosecutor or on a jury. I'm waiting to form an opinion until all of my questions have been adequately answered.

Old 05-20-2019, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
Yeah, because willfully shooting blindly through a door is exactly like turning your head for a second and losing sight of a toddler.
That’s exactly what I was going to say.

Old 05-20-2019, 02:39 PM

18,161 posts, read 15,635,416 times
Quote:

Take heart. This guy is in WAY deep trouble and he will be seeing serious prison time. Negligent homicide is a start on the charges he is facing. Of course it took a death to get another irresponsible firearms owner gone. But gone he is. He doesn't still have the gun, or any other guns he may have had in the house and about all he can do is sit and await trial.

No amount of punishment can bring a victim back but he will at least see justice. It's out of our hands now. I'm sure his jury will be made up of CD posters who have discussed the case at length here so he won't be shown any leniency.

Sarcasm aside this guy is toast.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies