Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2019, 02:39 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,565,470 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert_J View Post
I haven't placed blame because I'm not a prosecutor or on a jury. I'm waiting to form an opinion until all of my questions have been adequately answered.
And what would a toxicology do exactly? “Oh, she was drunk so she couldn’t get her key in the door, no wonder he shot her thru the door! Case closed”. I mean, come on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2019, 02:40 PM

10,190 posts, read 7,957,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by austinnerd View Post
Actually no, it's not so obvious which is why I asked for clarification. So if you're addressing gun deaths, you are claiming that my perspective, when dealing specifically with the issue of mental illness, of trying to balance those deaths with the rights of those who have some form of mental illness is wrong headed. So I ask again, what are you suggesting is a better approach? All you've done is broad stroke criticize without once addressing anything I've said esp. considering my comments were focused more on the rights of those who may suffer from some form of mental illness while you seem focused on the guns.
\\\\

All these people know is gun=bad.

Old 05-20-2019, 02:43 PM

13,608 posts, read 21,399,012 times
I'll go one more time and sum my thoughts based on what I have read.

Addressing the pro gun people, responsibility needs to used, most posting here already agree that shooting through a door is negligent , but for those who may think going after a supposed intruder they may want to rethink it there is nothing of item worth risking your life over wait for help and use force if comes down to it if they come after you. If you have loved ones and you need to secure them use extra care.

For those using this tragedy to say " see guns aren't worth having", you know even if you won't admit it that having a gun can save your life and if you truly support the right to own a gun but want more safety when someone does than join in promoting gun ownership safety which gun rights organizations offer training for.

lionking, out

Old 05-20-2019, 02:48 PM

4,395 posts, read 4,913,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
And what would a toxicology do exactly? “Oh, she was drunk so she couldn’t get her key in the door, no wonder he shot her thru the door! Case closed”. I mean, come on.
I don't know the laws of the state but I said earlier, in certain situations it is legal in Mississippi to shoot like the father did. Is it the correct way to handle a gun? No. But I thought we were on the legal issue right now.

Drunk daughter not expected to be home that night and a trigger happy father is a recipe for this situation.

Old 05-20-2019, 02:49 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,565,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert_J View Post
I don't know the laws of the state but I said earlier, in certain situations it is legal in Mississippi to shoot like the father did. Is it the correct way to handle a gun? No. But I thought we were on the legal issue right now.

Drunk daughter not expected to be home that night and a trigger happy father is a recipe for this situation.
Nope, drunk or not, daughter had nothing to do with her murder by her own father.

Old 05-20-2019, 03:24 PM

15,713 posts, read 9,528,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Oh look, using a tragedy for an agenda.
Yeah. That has never happened before.

Home Invasion Victim Shoots And Kills Home Invader While On 911 Call

It seems reasonable that when someone celebrates a human killing another human, eve when it was justified, that we should also point out that sometimes guns kill innocent people. Yes, it was the idiot with the gun in this case. Still a senseless death

Old 05-20-2019, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
yes. Chit happens.

This is what I dont get; Woman shot and killed---"The cause and manner of death are pending the autopsy results"
Because forensic science determines that absolute cause of death even when most people think it is patently obvious. It can also tell us if she had drugs or whatnjot in her system.

Old 05-20-2019, 03:33 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,825,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
He shot through the door. Why wouldn’t you put the blame on the one pulling the trigger?
This is the difference of a knife and a gun, one cannot stab their target through a door. A gun allows many options for an idiot to make a fatal mistake.

Old 05-20-2019, 03:39 PM

Before you gun rights crowd try to make an angel out of the poor, scared,defefneless homeowner, consider he might not be the choirboy you're making him out to be
Quote:
While investigating, deputies said they found cocaine and heroin inside Pressley's home.

On Monday, deputies said Pressley, 43, was charged with possession with intent to distribute heroin and possession with intent to distribute cocaine.
But carry on with your "mah guns" rhetoric

Deputies: Father who fatally shot daughter after mistaking her for intruder faces drug charges

Old 05-20-2019, 03:42 PM

7,520 posts, read 2,811,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
Before you gun rights crowd try to make an angel out of the poor, scared,defefneless homeowner, consider he might not be the choirboy you're making him out to be

But carry on with your "mah guns" rhetoric

Deputies: Father who fatally shot daughter after mistaking her for intruder faces drug charges
No one on this thread made him out to be anything but negligent, and stupid.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies