Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-07-2019, 03:18 PM

7,827 posts, read 3,379,222 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirage98de View Post
Look, you guys whine about how people supposedly cannot afford to live anymore.

Well, a huge component of ones living expenses are housing. It’s indisputable that adding 1.5 million dwellings would have a profound effect on rent prices.

You cannot vehemently defend illegals and at the same time whine about the plight of poor people. Doesn’t make any sense.
The Democrats' continued push for an endless flow of illegals is the primary reason working class Americans have been hurting with stagnant wages and issues with affordable housing.

Those on the left cannot seem to wrap their minds around such a thought, and in fact don't even know that it is an issue. Trying to talk sense into them is like talking to a brick wall and I don't think they have the ability to think rationally on the issue (among others).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2019, 03:23 PM

19,834 posts, read 12,090,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
You know what? You're right. I think I might have missed that lesson on supply and demand while I was working toward my MBA. My bad!
Where did you receive your MBA?

Old 07-07-2019, 03:24 PM

8,216 posts, read 3,481,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
So says he who can't even wrap his brain around Geo-Political Strategy.

Someone who spends $1,200 on tattoos and then whines because they don't have $400 for an emergency deserves to be shamed.

All they had to do is put $400 in a bank and spend only $800 on tattoos, but they are too weak to do that and for that they deserved to be shamed.

The only people on Earth who can eliminate "poverty" are the people in "poverty."

And, to do that, the people in "poverty" just have to want it to end.

But, they don't want it to end, because their only interest is acquiring beer, drugs, tattoos, lotto tickets, silly video games and other nonsense.

I do not acquire and never have acquired beer, drugs, tattoos, lotto tickets, or even any video games silly or otherwise and it has never eliminated my poverty.

Old 07-07-2019, 03:34 PM

4,559 posts, read 1,435,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
Capitalism works until all of the wealth is transferred to the very top. At that point, the bottom 99% have nothing to spend, and the whole house of cards collapses. Then you get guys like Hitler, Mussolini, and Stalin.

History is repeating itself.
And Trump/Putin/MBS/Kim Jong Un

Old 07-07-2019, 03:38 PM

4,559 posts, read 1,435,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastwardBound View Post
The Democrats' continued push for an endless flow of illegals is the primary reason working class Americans have been hurting with stagnant wages and issues with affordable housing.

Those on the left cannot seem to wrap their minds around such a thought, and in fact don't even know that it is an issue. Trying to talk sense into them is like talking to a brick wall and I don't think they have the ability to think rationally on the issue (among others).
No one wants an endless flow of illegals. Its such a stupid thing to say. I garuntee you Trump loses if he keeps up that fake filthy lie.
The only person who uses flows of illegals are TRUMPS. Therein lies the origin of his audacious comment.

Old 07-07-2019, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by what'd i miss View Post
No one wants an endless flow of illegals. Its such a stupid thing to say. I garuntee you Trump loses if he keeps up that fake filthy lie.
The only person who uses flows of illegals are TRUMPS. Therein lies the origin of his audacious comment.
Of course, the Democrats want an endless flow of illegals and to claim otherwise, when we have 20 Democrat candidates on a stage openly call for giving healthcare to illegals, and most of them calling to decriminalizing entering the country illegally, is an assinine suggestion.

You do not incentivize behavior that you don't want to encourage. These people wish to incentivize a constant flow, which of course they are betting the farm on will lead to future Democrat voters in the form of mass amnesties and of course, their offspring.

If the Democrats were serious about this issue, they would agree to border security, would not be offended when those rushing the border are not openly released into the general population to vanish and would not call for taxpayers to fund programs for them. The fact is that they are not serious, and do not even admit there is a problem.

Old 07-07-2019, 04:04 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,557,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by what'd i miss View Post
All the Democrats do!

Old 07-07-2019, 05:13 PM

1,705 posts, read 537,830 times
Republicans are for business : they want cheap labour and want immigrants to suppress workers rights and salary.

Democrats are for the workers : but they would rather import labor so they might get a few more votes?

Nah..the Republicans are the ones who support full scale importation, but are calling the Democrats for No borders, because its a cheap way to get votes, and their voter base doesn't seem to understand its their own party that does it.

When Democrats then wants to make the situation livable for the immigrants the Republicans want importert, the Republicans voters blame Democrats for giving aid and help to the same people their own party want imported.

Republicans and logic... never fails.

Old 07-07-2019, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northman83 View Post
Republicans are for business : they want cheap labour and want immigrants to suppress workers rights and salary.

Democrats are for the workers : but they would rather import labor so they might get a few more votes?

Nah..the Republicans are the ones who support full scale importation, but are calling the Democrats for No borders, because its a cheap way to get votes, and their voter base doesn't seem to understand its their own party that does it.

When Democrats then wants to make the situation livable for the immigrants the Republicans want importert, the Republicans voters blame Democrats for giving aid and help to the same people their own party want imported.

Republicans and logic... never fails.
Your explanation seems to lack any logic to me. How can you see 20 candidates for President on stage call for incentivizing illegal immigration and come to the conclusion that they are not in favor of illegal immigration?

Parts of the Republican party have, at times, been in favor of a steady flow of cheap labor as a means to keep costs low for business, but that is not the mainstream of the GOP today, particularly with Trump as President.

The Democrats, on the one hand, decry low wages, yet on the other oppose border security. The two just do not jive, which you can surely see.

Old 07-07-2019, 08:03 PM

4,505 posts, read 1,861,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
It depends would 1.5 million buy these or would owners turn say studios into one bedrooms. This isn't an easy ceteris parabis one variable becomes constant issue.. Hell the properties might be in an already open market too. Stop trying to make a complicated issue into a black and white one.
It actually is very simple.

Reducing demand while maintaining supply will reduce prices.

You are so blinded by rage against the Republican Party that you are unable to comprehend that illegals make life more expensive for the middle and lower class. Then you and your ilk have the gall to proclaim that the cost of living is too high for the lower and middle class.

Pure, unadulterated derangement.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies