Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-01-2019, 06:36 AM

11,185 posts, read 6,511,514 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by corpgypsy View Post
Comey did not leak any classified information. Please stop making stuff up. We all know that Fox and Friends, Hannity, Ingram Solomon, Trump and many Republicans are repeating the lie of classified info, but all of you gotta stop beating this dead horse. It is fooloish!

“We found no evidence that Comey or his attorneys released any of the classified information contained in any of the Memos to members of the media,” the inspector general report says.
That goodness for that one sentence in a damning 83-page report.

Comey was lucky. His friend, no thanks to Comey, did not leak the portion of the memo that was classified. That doesn't change the fact that Comey gave classified information to his friend and two other people who were not authorized to receive such information. He put the FBI into panic mode when his former colleagues found out the memos were in the hands of people outside the agency.

Even taking the one sentence at face value, the IG and everyone else has to trust that none of the three unauthorized recipients shared the confidential info with anyone else.

I'm not among the optimists who think Comey, McCabe, Brennan, Strzok, et al. will face any criminal consequences.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2019, 08:29 AM

46,307 posts, read 27,124,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Town FFX View Post
The irony.

Let us know when you get to 3 years of yawnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn........

RUSSIAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA COllusionnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

Still waiting.....

Old 09-01-2019, 10:27 AM

59,111 posts, read 27,349,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atltechdude View Post
My prediction: once Horowitz delivers a nothingburger of a report you can expect the rabbit hole to go even deeper on the spy gate nonsense as the CEC beats that dead horse even further, then you can expect between 5 and 10 more investigations by any R controlled chambers who will keep it going even longer.
"My prediction:", to give your prediction any credibility, what is your record on predictions?

Old 09-01-2019, 04:24 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,663,022 times
Comey isn't dumb. He covered his ass by leaking the documents to someone else that had security clearance. Then hired the guy as his attorney, to then claim client confidentiality.

Old 09-02-2019, 06:03 AM

59,111 posts, read 27,349,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Comey isn't dumb. He covered his ass by leaking the documents to someone else that had security clearance. Then hired the guy as his attorney, to then claim client confidentiality.
"by leaking the documents to someone else that had security clearance."

WRONG. A security Clearance does NOT give you permission to see EVERYTHING classified. I had a very high clearance but could NOT see what was going on in the room next to me. You have to be "read in" on each and every program.

Old 09-02-2019, 06:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post

WRONG. A security Clearance does NOT give you permission to see EVERYTHING classified. I had a very high clearance but could NOT see what was going on in the room next to me. You have to be "read in" on each and every program.
More than 4 million people in and out of government have security clearances of one level or another. Imagine if everyone had Comey's sense of grandiosity and decided to send confidential or FOUO documents to their security-cleared buddies to leak to the press.

Old 09-02-2019, 06:42 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,395,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
...Anyway, you didn't know how secretive the info in those memos were supposed to be or how serious a violation Comey committed. He got away with it.
I'm not sure I follow you here. I didn't know how secretive the info was, but you do?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
I held a TS clearance for over six years when I was active duty. Any human being who held or holds a clearance knows that Comey should be in jail next to Hillary. It's always amusing to read these threads because you can identify immediately who has never dealt with classified material. It's almost always left wing partisan hacks.
I currently hold a TS clearance and have for 15+ years, I've worked in SCIFs, I've even had the pleasure of sitting through a polygraph interview courtesy of a certain governmental agency.

I am completely unsurprised that Comey is not being charged with anything in this case.

Tell me more about how easy it is to spot these partisan hacks that have never handled classified material. I'm fascinated.

Old 09-02-2019, 06:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post

Well, no. You only need to be "read into/read off of" for SCI material.

However, you're right, having a clearance is only one piece of the puzzle. You also have to have a "need to know". I have a TS/SCI clearance, I can't stroll into the Pentagon or the CIA and say "Let me see all your TS information.", you're 100% correct there.

Old 09-02-2019, 06:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
More than 4 million people in and out of government have security clearances of one level or another. Imagine if everyone had Comey's sense of grandiosity and decided to send confidential or FOUO documents to their security-cleared buddies to leak to the press.
Meh, FOUO is pretty mild - also it's a designation, not a classification level. FOUO is unclassified.

Old 09-02-2019, 07:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
I'm not sure I follow you here. I didn't know how secretive the info was, but you do?
I know more than you do about what's in the memos because I looked at the whole IG report and you know only sentence from the IG's report: “We found no evidence that Comey or his attorneys released any of the classified information contained in any of the Memos to members of the media."

I never claimed classified info was leaked.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies