Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2019, 10:58 AM

59,007 posts, read 27,284,678 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
More than 4 million people in and out of government have security clearances of one level or another. Imagine if everyone had Comey's sense of grandiosity and decided to send confidential or FOUO documents to their security-cleared buddies to leak to the press.
"heir security-cleared buddies to leak to the press."

I question the claim that these press people HAVE clearances. Don't know why they would have clearances.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2019, 10:59 AM

20,955 posts, read 8,669,238 times
Hey, just saw this thread. Did anything earth shattering happen? I don't see it in the headlines???

Maybe something big will happen soon. Seems to be the chant of many.

Old 09-03-2019, 11:02 AM

46,263 posts, read 27,085,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
Run along now, Fiend.

Truth hurts.....

Quote:
Agreed. As I stated earlier, if he was some nobody contractor or some junior enlisted member, he might get into trouble for that. History has shown us, time and again, that simply doesn't happen to senior - in this case VERY senior - folks.

Old 09-03-2019, 11:03 AM

59,007 posts, read 27,284,678 times
Quote:
Well, no. You only need to be "read into/read off of" for SCI material.

However, you're right, having a clearance is only one piece of the puzzle. You also have to have a "need to know". I have a TS/SCI clearance, I can't stroll into the Pentagon or the CIA and say "Let me see all your TS information.", you're 100% correct there.
We had an office in one of the lower level spaces in the Pentagon. lost 4 co-workers on 9-11.

Whenever I had to go their I to get a badges for each section I entered for a total of 6. My neck hurt from wearing so many.

Old 09-03-2019, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
Hey, just saw this thread. Did anything earth shattering happen? I don't see it in the headlines???

Maybe something big will happen soon. Seems to be the chant of many.

We can wait....we've been waiting for 3+ years that "something big" will happen soon.....

Old 09-03-2019, 11:53 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,375,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
If you violate policy, what going to happen to you? I'm not sure what AUP you signed, but mine clearly states that if I break policy, it can be disclosed to law enforcement authorities for prosecution violations.

I'm not sure what AUP you signed, but mine clearly states that if I break policy, it can be disclosed to law enforcement authorities for prosecution violations.

Sure, and as I have repeatedly said - this almost never results in criminal charges for senior people in these types of scenarios. Agreed?

Quote:
Again, it does not matter, what he did was while he was.

See above.

Quote:
Sorry, I misunderstood your sarcasm....as stated earlier, use the smilies to the left of where you type.
I have not employed any sarcasm in this thread. I don't think.

Quote:
I go back about 3 pages maybe 4 and maybe the first 2 pages...but that's it...don't like it, there is an ignore button..

Hey, if you want to be lazy and ignorant, knock yourself out. Expect some snark when you quote me and make references/ask questions about stuff I've already addressed in a given thread.

Quote:
And it happens all the time in gun threads...I have no clue what I'm talking about (from anti-gunners), but oh well.....

Quote:
You said: "You misunderstand - I'm parroting the claim I quoted" that's called being sarcastic....

Repeating someone's chosen turn of phrase is not sarcasm.

Old 09-03-2019, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Truth hurts.....

So acknowledging unfortunate reality is "shilling"?

First the sarcasm thing, now this. You do have some odd definitions for words...

Old 09-03-2019, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
We had an office in one of the lower level spaces in the Pentagon. lost 4 co-workers on 9-11.

Whenever I had to go their I to get a badges for each section I entered for a total of 6. My neck hurt from wearing so many.

I'm very sorry for your loss. That must have been a tough time to work there.

Old 09-03-2019, 12:01 PM

Quote:
So acknowledging unfortunate reality is "shilling"?

First the sarcasm thing, now this. You do have some odd definitions for words...

Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend
He's shilling for Comey and the DNC, cheering on a dual (lack of) justice system.

You clearly are cheering on a dual system....

Old 09-03-2019, 12:11 PM

Quote:
[/i]

You clearly are cheering on a dual system....

Where have I ever said that senior leadership should get away with the things they get away with?

I have definitely said "I'm not surprised", I don't ever remember saying "I'm glad" or "this is good/right/how it should be".

Maybe you can quote the post I'm forgetting?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies