Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-03-2019, 07:20 AM

46,261 posts, read 27,074,383 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
He released his memos to his friend, pretty clear that the offense is violating FBI policy.

That's 1 way.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2019, 07:37 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,368,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
I don't believe you. If you were telling the truth, you'd know that what Comey did would land any normal peon behind bars.

Luckily for me, your belief/disbelief has absolutely no impact on reality.

I got my interim TS back in '04 when I started working as a GS-9 server admin at the state NG headquarters. I then went to work for the public sector division of a software company and have been working in the DoD space almost exclusively since then. I was the lead architect on the largest network consolidation/migration project in history - the USAF consolidated everyone to a single domain: Active duty, Reserves, National Guard, civilians, contractors - it was nearly a million user objects.

I'm typing this from my desk that is currently located on MCB Quantico - where I have been working for nearly 3 years on the USMC network consolidation project.

Would what Comey did have landed some E-3 in a lot more trouble? Probably, yep. Comey's not some nobody junior enlisted service member or unknown .gov contractor, though. Rank hath its privileges....

Old 09-03-2019, 07:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
^^^^^^You say this, and then you say this below....that has to be one of the dumbest statements I've ever heard a person who claims to have any type of clearance.....really....how secretive is it? Does it matter? You claim to work in SCIFs, maybe you don't need to anymore if you have to ask how secretive it is, whether or not it was released.....

You misunderstand - I'm parroting the claim I quoted, I'm not making the claim myself. Yes, the level of classification absolutely matters in regards to spillage. I think we've done this dance before....

Quote:
Just so you know, I've held a secret for 30+ years.....

Cool. Thanks for your service.

Quote:
Comey clearly violated policy and your un-surprised he is not being charged? Maybe you need to self report yourself and have your clearance revoked....really....

Yes, violated FBI policy, not law. You don't get criminal charges for violating policy. As I said - he was already fired, what more could they do? Re-hire him so they could fire him again?

Quote:
Page 3, first paragraph in case you missed it:
I didn't miss it. In fact, I had already addressed it if you'd bothered to read the whole thread. I addressed it again above, for the lazy folks in the crowd.

You worry about the status of your clearance and I'll worry about mine. Deal?

Old 09-03-2019, 07:59 AM

3,500 posts, read 2,784,549 times
If Trump didn't face criminal consequences, there's no way that Comey is going to also face criminal consequences. Compared to Trump, Comey's actions are a canoe and Trump's actions are the Titanic.

I know that the Republican Conservative arm of the Deep State want Comey to go to jail for his part in trying to persecute their boy Trump, but it's not going to happen.

Old 09-03-2019, 08:09 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,501,935 times
Quote:
That's 1 way.....
The report explains which policies Comey violated and how he violated them. He also broke at least one federal law and one Executive Order. All we have are theories of why Barr chose not to prosecute.

Old 09-03-2019, 08:12 AM

5,067 posts, read 1,664,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
The Mueller investigation did end up with convictions and indictments.

Yes it did get unrelated indictments for white collar crimes. However it was designed as a takedown of Trump that failed badly because he won an election that was fixed for HRC to win.

Old 09-03-2019, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
I know more than you do about what's in the memos because I looked at the whole IG report and you know only sentence from the IG's report: “We found no evidence that Comey or his attorneys released any of the classified information contained in any of the Memos to members of the media."

I never claimed classified info was leaked.

Wrong. I read it the day it was released.

I don't think I ever said you did claim that classified info was leaked.

However, you actually did make that claim:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
Comey released classified information to people not authorized to receive such information. He's lucky the friend he told to go to the media didn't disclose those portions to the reporter. Comey also failed to tell the FBI that he disclosed those memos to unauthorized persons.

Those memos include more than his 'thoughts and musings.' If you think the leaked portions were thoughts and musings you don't know what the NYTimes article was about. The FBI was furious.

Do you know anything more than that one-sentence from the IG report.

Old 09-03-2019, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tipsyguam View Post
Yes it did get unrelated indictments for white collar crimes. However it was designed as a takedown of Trump that failed badly because he won an election that was fixed for HRC to win.

No, it wasn't. That's a combination of partisan spin and news sensationalism.

Read the documents, it was designed to be an investigation into the Russian meddling within the 2016 election cycle. If that happened to include the President, so be it. That (President Trump/his campaign) was not what the investigation was about, however.

Old 09-03-2019, 08:25 AM

5,067 posts, read 1,664,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post

Read the documents, it was designed to be an investigation into the Russian meddling within the 2016 election cycle. If that happened to include the President, so be it. That (President Trump/his campaign) was not what the investigation was about, however.

I read the report, did you? The report did not come to a conclusion on whether or not to recommend charges against Trump. Now I realize the leftists will say, they didn't recommend charges because of the OLC memo(which is -not- law). IF that was true there would have been a seal indictment for Trump and there wasn't.

Old 09-03-2019, 08:29 AM

Quote:
I read the report, did you? ...

Yes, of course I did. I was referring to the documents authorizing the Special Counsel investigation, though.

Quote:
...The report did not come to a conclusion on whether or not to recommend charges against Trump. Now I realize the leftists will say, they didn't recommend charges because of the OLC memo(which is -not- law). IF that was true there would have been a seal indictment for Trump and there wasn't.

This doesn't have anything to do with my post.

Also, it's not "the leftists say" - Mueller explicitly stated that his team didn't/wouldn't even consider charges against the POTUS because of the OLC memo and precedent.

..."Based on Justice Department policy and principles of fairness, we decided we would not make a determination as to whether the President committed a crime. That was our decision then and it remains our decision today."...

..."Was there sufficient evidence to convict President Trump or anyone else with obstruction of justice?" Buck asked.

"We did not make that calculation," Mueller said, citing the OLC opinion....

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/don...eaves-n1033901

Last edited by hooligan; 09-03-2019 at 08:44 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies