Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-13-2019, 08:33 AM

696 posts, read 907,023 times

Advertisements

This is what happens when you call the cops. You get your rights violated or you all get shot.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2019, 08:34 AM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 28 days ago)

27,647 posts, read 16,138,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCbaxter View Post
I love to watch righties dance on the head of a pin. She had a gun in her home, so it’s ok the cop shot her?
Think you jumped the gun there

10,755 posts, read 5,676,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
No. He may have been inept, he may have shot unnecessarily, but you don’t know. What I do know is unlikely is that he intended to kill her in malice. Manslaughter at max... oh, and for all you know she was holding something that looked like a gun.

It’s soooo easy to be an armchair quarterback.
Really? So, when he pointed his gun at her and pulled the trigger, did he intend to kill her with love and happiness?

Even if she was holding something that looked like a gun, even if she was holding an actual gun, she was in her own house!!

What is wrong with you??

5,752 posts, read 2,781,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mash123 View Post
Justified self defence.
And would the cops feel that way?

Old 10-13-2019, 08:35 AM

8,104 posts, read 3,961,090 times
Those closely watching this said that the social media history of this cop is being erased.
They are grooming the cops online social status.

Old 10-13-2019, 08:37 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,874,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
Whoever said it was OK? It was a tragedy, but the cop thought he saw a gun (and they did find one on the floor - not merely in the house), and out of the millions of encounters, there are bound to be a few split-second decisions that went the wrong way.

It's like liberals ignore all the life-saving work that cops do every day, putting their own lives at danger on a daily basis, and when that rare instance comes up when a cop made the wrong decision, it's all about demonizing police and making them out as racists. I wonder if there would be the same reaction if the victim were white.
The problem is, it isn't so rare. It makes you wonder how often this has happened in the past when there were no body cams to record it or social media to show it. I have a hard time believing this just started happening. More like we are just starting to get the scope of it.

Old 10-13-2019, 08:38 AM

17,797 posts, read 13,698,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leona Valley View Post
Why don’t you go look for it and let me know. I’m busy watching a movie with my coffee this morning. What idiot would think she was simply playing video games while being shot. Btw, I have a slightly used Boeing 747 for sale if you’re interested. I take PayPal.
You were the one implying that we didn't have the whole story. Maybe while you are drinking your coffee and watching a movie you can come up with some more unsubstantiated claims.

Old 10-13-2019, 08:43 AM

10,755 posts, read 5,676,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCbaxter View Post
And would the cops feel that way?
Given that it was a cop that murdered a citizen, it's kind of irrelevant how the cops feel about it.

Old 10-13-2019, 08:44 AM

8,104 posts, read 3,961,090 times
Every welfare check I have ever heard of involved the cops knocking on the door, announcing themselves and stating welfare check.

Some say, this is a bad neighborhood so he skipped that.
Well, in a bad neighborhood where everyone is armed, I would think prowling around some ones backyard at night would be an even worse idea where the prowler has a good chance of getting shot by a homeowner defending himself and his family.

I suppose the homeowner does not have a phone?

Old 10-13-2019, 08:45 AM

16,352 posts, read 8,097,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
The whole story, at least what’s known thus far, seems worse.

Neighbor reported an open door. Police arrived and checked out the exterior of the house. Officer saw the woman through a window and ordered her to put her hands up. He/ she did not ID themselves as LE. Then the officer shot.

Fort Worth has not released the full unedited video.

https://fox6now.com/2019/10/12/woman...-her-own-home/

It is unknown what, if anything, the woman did that prompted the officer to shoot.
If the cop shot her through the window it seems highly unlikely that he was in immediate danger of being shot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies