Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-28-2019, 05:13 AM

19,387 posts, read 6,510,489 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
No, I am not proving your point. Btw, you realize that prejudice and racism against arabs and muslims in this country is widely considered okay (though I don't agree with it). So no, arabs and muslims aren't "protected" as you say. These days I see more hate towards arabs&muslims than any other ethnic group or religious group. So stop it
So.....YOU see more hate against Muslims than any other religious groups? Again, that's the liberal mantra (Muslims are one of its protected minorities) driving your perception.

I imagine you would be surprised to learn that there are more hate crimes against Jews than any other religion? MORE than Muslims. And that in terms of percentages, a Jew is more likely to experience a hate crime than a black? But....go right on targeting your hostility toward Israel and its Jews. I honestly don't even think you realize that the reason Isrsel gets singled out is due to anti-semitism, and you, while not antisemitic yourself, go along with the double standards.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2019, 05:23 AM

19,387 posts, read 6,510,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussiehoff View Post
You know why he would do that. Because it was politically expedient for him. When he "defended" her, he acknowledged he'd only ever spoken to her twice in his life. Now she and her gang endorse him for the candidacy......

Bernie doesn't speak for many Jews as far as I can tell. Once called the most popular Jew in Palestine since Moses, he has also compared Israel to the Nazis. So one extremist supporting another extremist doesn't really add much to the discussion.
Sanders compared Israel to the Nazis? OMG. That alone should disqualify him.

Old 10-28-2019, 05:53 AM

34,237 posts, read 18,594,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
Sanders compared Israel to the Nazis? OMG. That alone should disqualify him.
And Bernie Sanders is a CAPETBAGGER New York JEW, but a Secular Progressive Jew.

Old 10-28-2019, 06:29 AM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,619,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussiehoff View Post
You know why he would do that. Because it was politically expedient for him. When he "defended" her, he acknowledged he'd only ever spoken to her twice in his life. Now she and her gang endorse him for the candidacy......

Bernie doesn't speak for many Jews as far as I can tell. Once called the most popular Jew in Palestine since Moses, he has also compared Israel to the Nazis. So one extremist supporting another extremist doesn't really add much to the discussion.
Again, look at how the Israeli government treats the Palestinians.....

Old 10-28-2019, 06:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
So.....YOU see more hate against Muslims than any other religious groups? Again, that's the liberal mantra (Muslims are one of its protected minorities) driving your perception.

I imagine you would be surprised to learn that there are more hate crimes against Jews than any other religion? MORE than Muslims. And that in terms of percentages, a Jew is more likely to experience a hate crime than a black? But....go right on targeting your hostility toward Israel and its Jews. I honestly don't even think you realize that the reason Isrsel gets singled out is due to anti-semitism, and you, while not antisemitic yourself, go along with the double standards.
These days, if you are prejudiced against any group except for arabs (and possibly non-Jewish whites), you see some type of backlash for it. But if you show prejudice against these two groups, no one seems to care.

So in conclusion, your paranoia is unfounded, and being anti-Israeli government =/= anti-semitism, they aren't one in the same

Old 10-28-2019, 06:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
And Bernie Sanders is a CAPETBAGGER New York JEW, but a Secular Progressive Jew.
Carpetbagger? That would imply he moved to Vermont specifically to get into politics. In actuality, he had been living in Vermont already when he ran for mayor of Burlington.

A correct description of a carpetbagger would be Hillary Clinton. And I say that as someone who voted for her (though was not a supporter)

Old 10-28-2019, 06:40 AM

18,472 posts, read 15,259,695 times
Quote:
Again, look at how the Israeli government treats the Palestinians.....
I’m sorry, which parts of Israel or Palestine look like this?

Old 10-28-2019, 06:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
I’m sorry, which parts of Israel or Palestine look like this?
That's a cheap shot, as no, the Israeli government isn't gassing people (though they have killed several Palestinian civilians with their bombings), our side is more talking about the settlements and walls

Old 10-28-2019, 06:52 AM

18,472 posts, read 15,259,695 times
Quote:
That's a cheap shot, as no, the Israeli government isn't gassing people (though they have killed several Palestinian civilians with their bombings), our side is more talking about the settlements and walls
It’s not a cheap shot at all. This is what a Jewish person thinks of when they hear the words Hitler or Nazis. So for people to throw around those terms so casually about every “injustice” in the world, is pretty insulting.

YOU, yourself, are even so used to hearing it associated with anything and everything, to the point when someone shows you the real thing, you call it a “cheap shot”.

Old 10-28-2019, 06:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
It’s not a cheap shot at all. This is what a Jewish person thinks of when they hear the words Hitler or Nazis. So for people to throw around those terms so casually about every “injustice” in the world, is pretty insulting.

YOU, yourself, are even so used to hearing it associated with anything and everything, to the point when someone shows you the real thing, you call it a “cheap shot”.
It was a cheap shot, because you're trying to shut down the conversation with a post like that.

Again, how can you defend the actions of the Israeli government? Increasing settlements, the overcrowding of Gaza, and the illegal occupation of Golan Heights among other things?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies