Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-15-2019, 09:57 AM

7,300 posts, read 3,398,309 times

Advertisements

Quote:
"It's very angering and demeaning."
The solution is to vote for social policies that create higher trust, lower crime communities so that chain stores don't feel the need to implement this type of theft deterrent action. The next step, or the replacement step, of course is to shut down the store as unprofitable due to theft. Would this woman and the greater community rather have their receipts checked or be without a store? Who gets to vote?

I take it for granted that my receipt will be checked at the local Home Depot. the store's everyday clientele make it perfectly obvious as to why that policy is implemented.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2019, 10:07 AM

19,724 posts, read 10,128,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golgi1 View Post
The solution is to vote for social policies that create higher trust, lower crime communities so that chain stores don't feel the need to implement this type of theft deterrent action. The next step, or the replacement step, of course is to shut down the store as unprofitable due to theft. Would this woman and the greater community rather have their receipts checked or be without a store? Who gets to vote?

I take it for granted that my receipt will be checked at the local Home Depot. the store's everyday clientele make it perfectly obvious as to why that policy is implemented.
But when you allow anyone the right do something illegal, such as the bag check, we all start having our freedoms eroded. What freedom or right are you willing to give up next?

Old 11-15-2019, 06:34 PM

35,075 posts, read 17,024,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
I always have my receipt ready at Walmart and Costco.

I have nothing to hide and it only takes a few seconds. There will always be SJWs with chips on their shoulders looking to be offended.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/treated-c...090000205.html
I'm really sorry that these people don't understand why the "honor system" does not work at stores.

Old 11-15-2019, 06:46 PM

19,724 posts, read 10,128,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
I'm really sorry that these people don't understand why the "honor system" does not work at stores.
So you allow them to do something that is only voluntary? And expect others to do the same?

Old 11-15-2019, 07:00 PM

18,022 posts, read 27,468,060 times
Quote:

I have nothing to hide and it only takes a few seconds. There will always be SJWs with chips on their shoulders looking to be offended.

Scumbag filthy curtain-climbing thieves are the reason why our local walmart, which used to be open 24/7, not only has to shut down early, but cannot even offer the baskets and small grocery carts.

These worthless wastes of flesh steal these things too.

People are scum. They don't even deserve the lowly walmart. They probably buy their clothes as Ross and such.

Old 11-15-2019, 07:11 PM

35,075 posts, read 17,024,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
So you allow them to do something that is only voluntary? And expect others to do the same?
That's my point. Some people prefer not to pay. For example, I don't pay my credit card bills or honor my checks until directed by a court. That's why my FICO is a bankruptcy-typical level of 828.

Old 11-15-2019, 07:15 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,876,419 times
Quote:

Or the Walmart and supermarkets left in the area go from 24 hours to closing at midnight, happened in a neighborhood near me thanks to open borders. In the next neighborhood nearby, the exact same stores are still open 24 hours despite less "customers" at night.

Old 11-15-2019, 08:28 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,535,626 times
OK Boomer

Quote:

Old 11-16-2019, 03:02 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,870,209 times
Quote:

lol No the next step isn't to shut down because of theft since that doesn't happen. Receipts checked or be without a store aren't the only 2 possibilities. That you would think that is a silly, narrow minded view of the world.

It's about defending the rights of the individual.

Old 11-16-2019, 04:14 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,846,967 times
Yesterday, after work, I stopped at Costco, picked up some salmon for dinner, and got in a line of people who were having their receipts checked at the exit. No one was upset, no one rebelled, no one complained. In a couple of minutes we were out the door and on our way home.

Funny how some people understand why Costco does it and go along with the program, and others have to make a stink and cause trouble. Meanwhile , there are people dying all over the world, and some people are upset about having their receipt checked !
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies