Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2019, 02:55 PM

3,536 posts, read 1,710,413 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Don Jr.'s new Book - TRIGGERED soars to the top.

And somewhere P T Barnum's spirit is laughing hysterically.
Oh for sure. Just as Trump and Moscow Mitch laugh at the people who are gullible enough to vote for them. The attack on public education began with Ronald Reagan. If you can dumb down the electorate enough people will vote against their own best interest and vote on emotional wedge issues like gays, guns, and god. They know what they are doing. They have no interest in governing, and we know that because Ronald Reagan famously said "GOVERNMENT IS THE PROBLEM". That statement is an insult to our Democracy, our Constitution, and our Citizenship as Americans.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2019, 03:05 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,024,933 times
I love the title. Don Jr. was the left until Daddy decided to run for the Republicans. Don Jr. didn't even register as a Republican until then.

That's how devoted he is to the Republicans. All in for three years now -- WOW......

Old 11-14-2019, 04:16 PM

29,219 posts, read 22,376,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
RNC bought a boatload and is giving them away with a $50 donation.

https://hillreporter.com/huge-rnc-pu...stseller-50523
Of course they did.
The book costs $18.00 on Amazon. That means dealer cost is $9.00 or less, and a single truckload could be be much less than that per copy. A 100,000 book order would put the book in the top 10 best-seller list, and would cost Daddy less than $500,000.
If Daddy re-sells it in a $50 donation deal, that's a $24,000,000.00 profit if they all sell.

Who could pass up a deal like that if there was a ready-made market in all those rallies? I expect they will sell out at the rallies.

But the money is the main objective in all this. Donny Jr. wants to get into politics in the worst way. But he has no credentials and no experience. And he's only known for being one of his father's kids, the one with the beard.
That's weak recognition. He needs some of his own fame to run for political office, and just being one of the Prez' kids won't cut it by itself.

What's the Trump family tradition to become famous? Write a book. Daddy did it. Mommy did it. Even The Mooch did it.

Writing a book like this is always one of the best ways to become famous. Fame makes for good politics. Especially if the book flies straight to the Hot Top 10.

The book's the whole package. It has the hot title, a good shot of Little Donny on the cover, and I'm sure it was written by the best ghost writer available. It is probably a most excellent screed that reads fast and easy and has all the best Trump talking points in it. It was released with perfect timing.

Every talk show host will want Little Donny on his show. Every late-night host will want him. Every daytime host will want him. All the radio hosts will want him.

And all the chumps like us will discuss it on the internet. Everything adds superb face and name recognition to Little Donny. For free. For weeks and weeks, if Little Donny can sell himself a little on camera.

Much more publicity than even his daddy could ever give him or the GOP could give him.

And if Little Donny is charming enough to win some people over, he's all set up for a run in 2022 for office. Out of Florida, probably, where he's more popular than back home in NYC.

Old 11-14-2019, 04:38 PM

9,329 posts, read 4,144,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
I bet it was tough to let that get by them.

By tomorrow they will have this fixed.... Watch.
Coming from the Trump family - keeping in mind, for instance, that Trump used to "anonymously" provide tips on himself - it wouldn't surprise me if an awful lot of those copies are being bought by the Trumps. We should do a poll here in a month and ask if anyone here has bought/read the book.

Old 11-14-2019, 05:17 PM

33,316 posts, read 12,540,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMusic View Post
I bet Gavin is glad he doesn't still have her around. She is only after the money. Problem is, Don Jr. is going to lose it all.
The local chatter was that Gavin had Kimberly sign a prenup.

Old 11-14-2019, 05:23 PM

33,316 posts, read 12,540,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMusic View Post
Oh sure - everyone knows Obama is a dummy, right? How ridiculous. The reason Trump despises Obama is because Obama is everything Trump never was nor ever will be - bright, beloved by many, 2 Term popular president, happily married ONCE with daughters who love him and never embarrassed him by going around the world like mobsters trying to make money off their daddy being President. Trump is pathetic. I don't think he can help it. I think Trump is a very angry man who was chosen for a role he doesn't like - an example to the world of how a president should never act.

Generally I agree. The only exception I can think of is re smoking. AFAIK, Trump has never been a smoker, and his kids may have been influenced by that (Don Jr. used to be a heavy drinker, but I haven't heard of any of the kids smoking). Obama was a smoker, and Malia smokes.

Old 11-14-2019, 06:47 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,215,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RcHydro View Post
It was funny recently when Don Jr. and Guilfoyle left the stage after arguments with the audience. Guilfoyle made a few comments and they stormed off the stage. Thats whats going to happen If like some one mentioned. Don Jr ever runs for president. He's just a poser. She gets her jollies being close to the president.
Yep. Being at Fox was still too far away from the seat of power for her, and Fox RUNS the White House. That’s how crazily ambitious she is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverkris View Post
Folks forget that Guilfoyle was the ex of Calfornia Governor Gavin Newsom, one of the politicians that the righties get all bent out of shape over. Strange, isn't it?
She’s clearly a clout chaser.

Old 11-14-2019, 06:56 PM

25,447 posts, read 9,813,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackbasket View Post
Unlikely Obama has ever read a book
What a silly statement. But sometimes that's all a person has.

Old 11-14-2019, 06:57 PM

16,759 posts, read 8,218,912 times
I saw on my feed that there are Large bulk purchases. Unusually large.

Old 11-14-2019, 07:02 PM

12,040 posts, read 6,574,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoOnMyMind View Post
I really enjoyed his interview on Adam Carolla’s podcast, Don Jr is a decent guy
Agree
But I think Ivanka outshines and out accomplishes both her brothers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies