Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-16-2019, 10:55 PM

29,219 posts, read 22,371,062 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post
Speaking of books, I heard Hillary's book "What Happened" was on sale for $1 at the Dollar Tree. You can't give it away!
That's the usual course for political books.

Best seller to 20% off in the chain store racks, then 30%, then 50% in the racks then off the racks.

Then most of the unsold books in the big stores are sent back to the publisher and are pulped at that point.

Big sales fast is the key to these book sales in all the big outlets.

But there are lots of smaller ones where the book orders are smaller. These sales always produce a few remnants, too few to pulp, so they end up for $1 in places like Dollar Tree.

20 weeks is the average time from top to bottom.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2019, 08:23 AM

16,352 posts, read 8,097,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
That's the usual course for political books.

Best seller to 20% off in the chain store racks, then 30%, then 50% in the racks then off the racks.

Then most of the unsold books in the big stores are sent back to the publisher and are pulped at that point.

Big sales fast is the key to these book sales in all the big outlets.

But there are lots of smaller ones where the book orders are smaller. These sales always produce a few remnants, too few to pulp, so they end up for $1 in places like Dollar Tree.

20 weeks is the average time from top to bottom.
Junior's book will end as toilet paper in record time.

Old 11-17-2019, 09:19 AM

19,808 posts, read 9,367,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackbasket View Post
Unlikely Obama has ever read a book
When people write or state absolutely ridiculous opinions, they usually make themselves look ridiculous and/or very ignorant to anyone with any common sense or knowledge about the subject.

(Btw, I am not an Obama OR a Trump supporter.)

Old 11-17-2019, 09:23 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,820,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
I’m still tryna figure out what topic that Don Trump Jr knows about so well that he’s qualified to be a scrivener on it.
Maybe this:

Quote:
Trump's oldest son said a decade ago that a lot of the family's assets came from Russia

"In terms of high-end product influx into the US, Russians make up a pretty disproportionate cross-section of a lot of our assets," Trump Jr. said during a conference in New York in 2008.
https://www.businessinsider.com/dona...-russia-2018-2

Old 11-17-2019, 09:24 AM

8,104 posts, read 3,961,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruithne View Post
'Triggered'. How original. Snappy, grown up title.

I wonder who wrote it for him?
It's unlikely he wrote it himself.

His Dad got someone to write his after all.
Why would he write it when he can pay someone else to write it for him?

Old 11-17-2019, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Don Jr.'s new Book - TRIGGERED soars to the top.

And somewhere P T Barnum's spirit is laughing hysterically.
Just for kicks, I read the Amazon reader comments, and I kid you not, it is almost like people were paid to write those reviews because they all sound the same, repeating previous comments. They all end with DTJ, the next president.

The average customer review is 4.9 out of 5.
I rarely ever see reviews that high for books and products on Amazon.

Here is one such view that got a high rating.

5 stars

THIS IS THE BEST BOOK EVER WRITTEN
November 6, 2019
Verified Purchase
Format: Kindle Edition
THIS IS THE GREATEST BOOK EVER WRITTEN, ALSO THE LONGEST, BY THE BEST SON IN THE WORLD, AND BY THE BEST I MEAN HE IS THE SMARTEST, EASILY THE SMARTEST SON THERE HAS EVER BEEN.

2,481 people found this helpful

Old 11-17-2019, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post
I saw on my feed that there are Large bulk purchases. Unusually large.
Yea, if it was a best seller by individual buyers, I would expect to see 20,000 or 30,000 ratings on Amazon like other best seller books, but there is only 284 ratings.

Old 11-17-2019, 11:13 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,206,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by J746NEW View Post
Just for kicks, I read the Amazon reader comments, and I kid you not, it is almost like people were paid to write those reviews because they all sound the same, repeating previous comments. They all end with DTJ, the next president.

The average customer review is 4.9 out of 5.
I rarely ever see reviews that high for books and products on Amazon.

Here is one such view that got a high rating.

5 stars

THIS IS THE BEST BOOK EVER WRITTEN
November 6, 2019
Verified Purchase
Format: Kindle Edition
THIS IS THE GREATEST BOOK EVER WRITTEN, ALSO THE LONGEST, BY THE BEST SON IN THE WORLD, AND BY THE BEST I MEAN HE IS THE SMARTEST, EASILY THE SMARTEST SON THERE HAS EVER BEEN.

2,481 people found this helpful
Quote:
Originally Posted by J746NEW View Post
Yea, if it was a best seller by individual buyers, I would expect to see 20,000 or 30,000 ratings on Amazon like other best seller books, but there is only 284 ratings.
Yep. It’s a NYT dagger elite...overwhelmingly bulk purchased. The bestseller list has been purchased by these bulk purchasers for years relative to these conservative book ‘authors,’ and I’m getting tired of it. A few conservatives like Tucker Carlson have legit bestsellers, but the overwhelming majority of these books by conservatives are making the top of the list by cheating.

If the NYT doesn’t do more to keep these books off the top of the list, then I’m gonna stop using their list as a guide for my upcoming book purchases.

Old 11-21-2019, 01:23 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,018,755 times
Confirmed -- RNC spent 94,800 on books the day Don Jr.'s book was released.....lol. (That was for one book supplier Books a Million) (estimate is the 94,800 is about 4000 books).

It would be best if the Trumps just didn't try to manipulate things. They aren't good at it.

Don Jr. would have sold a significant amt. of books without the RNC propping him up. But by doing this kind of stuff -- having the RNC, Daddy, etc....buy massive amts...it taints the #1 rank.

And here's the thing...nobody would have paid attention to where it was on the best sellers list and how it got there if it wasn't for the Trumps making it a thing.

Like the crowd size at the inauguration. Nobody would have bothered with that kind of nonsense but Trump chose to make some false statement and that spurred the inquiry into his statement....and then it becomes a thing and Trump fans get all flustered - why are libs trying to take down the Trump family.....because the Trump family puts themselves out there and does stupid things.....lol.

Old 11-21-2019, 01:25 PM

68,330 posts, read 54,400,252 times
Don Jr.'s new Book - TRIGGERED soars to the top.

Right to the top of the swamp with the other crap!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies