Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-16-2019, 07:27 AM

46,306 posts, read 27,108,503 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
If she was "shocked and appalled" and her feeewings were hurt because of a tweet, she had no business doing the line of work she was in. Don't insult my intelligence, please.

No doubt....

Old 11-16-2019, 07:30 AM

57,314 posts, read 26,217,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
If she was "shocked and appalled" and her feeewings were hurt because of a tweet, she had no business doing the line of work she was in. Don't insult my intelligence, please.
Like I stated you didn't listen to her entire testimony, she served in some very dangerous places and was shot at over her 35 year career so keep trying to paint her as something else. Maybe you should try a stint in Somalia or Ukraine and test the waters. Maybe try to read through her entire statements rather than silly one liners to defend your position.

Old 11-16-2019, 07:33 AM

10,098 posts, read 4,090,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Like I stated you didn't listen to her entire testimony, she served in some very dangerous places and was shot at over her 35 year career so keep trying to paint her as something else. Maybe you should try a stint in Somalia or Ukraine and test the waters. Maybe try to read through her entire statements rather than silly one liners to defend your position.
This whole thing is an embarrassing sham. Anyone who has been around a few years can see this.

This was a clownshow a long time ago. And the clownshow continues...

The only logical explanation is that Schiff is a stoolie who is just working to get Trump re-elected at the orders of Netanyahu. It's the only way any of this makes sense it's so senseless.

Old 11-16-2019, 07:38 AM

27,575 posts, read 28,673,621 times
I’d like to know – What do the Democrats consider the smoking gun or slam dunk for their side from any of this week’s testimonies?

Old 11-16-2019, 07:38 AM

12,040 posts, read 6,572,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
That’s why I keep asking questions to bring the FACTS TO LIGHT here as most people didn’t have the time to watch the hearings and the media is spinning and not focused on facts much.

NEXT QUESTION:
Was there any proof that there actually was a do-not-prosecute list that included Burisama?
Yovanovitch denied there was a list at the hearing.
Where did that list accusation come from if not true?
Okay I found the answer posted by Everlady on the Yovanovitch thread:

“....source being Ukrainian news that tends to provide the juicy details. Here: https://www.unian.info/politics/1052...cute-list.html entitled: Ukraine Prosecutor General Lutsenko admits U.S. ambassador didn't give him a do not prosecute list”

Old 11-16-2019, 07:45 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,018,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
Okay I found the answer posted by Everlady on the Yovanovitch thread:

“....source being Ukrainian news that tends to provide the juicy details. Here: https://www.unian.info/politics/1052...cute-list.html entitled: Ukraine Prosecutor General Lutsenko admits U.S. ambassador didn't give him a do not prosecute list”
YEs Yovanovitch would not have said under oath, in public, that this information was false....unless it was false.

It is clear -- and there seems to be no dispute by Republicans, that the information that was spread to tarnish her reputation was ALL False. There isn't one legit Republican politician who will argue any of it had merit.

Guilliani chose to spread the lies for whatever reason. Did the President know? LEt's say if he didn't he's an idiot and shouldn't be President.

Old 11-16-2019, 07:46 AM

12,040 posts, read 6,572,819 times
I listened to most of Yovanovitch’s testimony and found her credible, honest, and highly devoted to her job and to serving America.

I think she was a causality of the Democrats’ out-of-control “Resistance” movement that has caused so many leaks, lies, hoaxes, distrust and anarchy that Trump and his administration have to now be on hyper alert for all the treasonous swamp and deep state critters. It’s been proven too often now that there are Obama holdovers who will do anything to unseat this president.
Sadly, Yovanovitch was a casualty of the Dems deceit and mistrust they’ve cultivated...

Old 11-16-2019, 07:48 AM

30,373 posts, read 19,170,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
They need to write her a new script that has something to do about something instead of inconsequential emotionalism.

Old 11-16-2019, 07:49 AM

17,155 posts, read 12,965,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
I’d like to know – What do the Democrats consider the smoking gun or slam dunk for their side from any of this week’s testimonies?
Are you seriously suggesting incomplete testimony be complete testimony? That makes no sense. There are still several witnesses left to testify.

Old 11-16-2019, 07:54 AM

20,126 posts, read 16,163,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
I remember Trump tweeting "No President in history has ever been treated so unfairly." I suppose you forgot that too. President Reagan was shot while in office, JFK and Lincoln were assassinated, and HE'S been treated unfairly More hypocrisy from Trump supporters.
This is just silly. I was around for two of those events, they are not the same thing. Did the media shoot Reagan, JFK, or Lincoln? Did Congress shoot them? Did those shootings last 3 years? No. Whacked-out private citizens decided to shoot them, just like the nut job that used Republicans practicing softball as target practice and almost killed Steve Scalise.

Not that he hasn’t done his damnedest to give them fodder, but he really has been vilified by the press more than any president in my lifetime and one of the reasons most people really don’t care about this latest round of “lets get rid of Trump” is because we’ve all heard it over, and over, and over again practically since the day he was elected. Apparently these people all slept through their childhood “boy who cried wolf” lesson.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.