Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-16-2019, 05:51 AM

59,088 posts, read 27,330,758 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Still no explanation as to why she was so suddenly removed. There should be a very good reason and Trump was lacking in any explanation. They lost three talented individuals in the last few weeks, it weakens Ukraine and strengthens Russia’s position.
"Still no explanation as to why she was so suddenly removed"

Actually NO explanation is required. To quote comey after he got fired and the same question was asked replied, " I can for for ANYTHING or for NOTHING"

I suggest you look up, "Presidential appointees serve AT THE PLEASURE of the president"

You should have learned this in Junior High school.

"the new Ukrainian President spoke unfavorably about her in my second phone call with him. It is a U.S. President’s absolute right to appoint ambassadors"

Do you think we would want an ambassador who the president of the country "spoke unfavorably about her", while we are trying to establish good relations with the new president?

The new president ran on trying to stop all the corrugation his country was known for.

The new president wants to try to STOP all the corruption.

She was to close to the OLD president,

You might want to broaden where you get your news. Obviously where you are getting your news is NOT keeping you informed.

Old 11-16-2019, 05:56 AM

57,315 posts, read 26,217,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"Every single president has come in and been able to deal with having had a previous administration and career employees. Except Trump,"

"Obama's Military Coup Purges 197 Officers In Five Years"

https://www.investors.com/politics/e...rged-by-obama/
There were specific reasons those military leaders were fired and they were mostly fired by Robert Gates and the other heads of DOD for good reason. Obama did actually fire one or two generals, also for reasons but most were by the SoD. That is an editorial by the way.

So what was the reason that Yovanovitch was fired.

Yet another attempt in a continuing series to explain why anything Trump does is alright, if he shot someone you would come up with a reason why its OK.

Old 11-16-2019, 05:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEPLimey View Post
I already explained the obvious purpose of her testimony. If you want to pretend to be uninformed (or, in fact, be uninformed) that is entirely up to you. A witness's lack of knowledge concerning a particular act does not necessarily render that witness's testimony pointless if they can proffer information describing the relevant circumstances in which the act occurred.

For (a simplistic) example, a witness might describe the weather conditions in a particular location on a particular day relevant to the occurrence of a car accident irrespective of whether he or she saw the accident itself. Asking that witness "do you have any knowledge as to whether 'Person A' caused the accident?" would be useless in that context, but would not render the testimony irrelevant.
"I already explained the obvious purpose of her testimony" "How do you FEEL?" was asked MANY times by the dems.

That is ALL they wanted. To show her "emotion" after being transferred.

Old 11-16-2019, 06:01 AM

57,315 posts, read 26,217,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"Still no explanation as to why she was so suddenly removed"

Actually NO explanation is required. To quote comey after he got fired and the same question was asked replied, " I can for for ANYTHING or for NOTHING"

I suggest you look up, "Presidential appointees serve AT THE PLEASURE of the president"

You should have learned this in Junior High school.

"the new Ukrainian President spoke unfavorably about her in my second phone call with him. It is a U.S. President’s absolute right to appoint ambassadors"

Do you think we would want an ambassador who the president of the country "spoke unfavorably about her", while we are trying to establish good relations with the new president?

The new president ran on trying to stop all the corrugation his country was known for.

The new president wants to try to STOP all the corruption.

She was to close to the OLD president,

You might want to broaden where you get your news. Obviously where you are getting your news is NOT keeping you informed.

Yes we know a president can fire an ambassador, did I indicate otherwise. Just that in a normal world there is a specific reason but in Trump world all we need to know is that its legal. Most would like to know but Trump supporters want to remain ignorant.

Old 11-16-2019, 06:01 AM

89,029 posts, read 44,853,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
There were specific reasons those military leaders were fired and they were mostly fired by Robert Gates and the other heads of DOD for good reason. Obama did actually fire one or two generals, also for reasons but most were by the SoD. That is an editorial by the way.

So what was the reason that Yovanovitch was fired.
Any POTUS doesn't need a reason to fire an Ambassador. Obama fired all the Bush-appointed Ambassadors, no reason given or necessary. Remember?

Old 11-16-2019, 06:02 AM

51,654 posts, read 25,828,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
Did Yovanovitch actual say that Obama or Biden people coached her regarding the Biden investigation?
I missed that in the hearing.
There’s nothing in the news on that, and I’d think it would be big headlnes if true.....
They didn't. This is another team Trump lie, like the lie they keep repeating about Ukraine interfering in the 2016 elections which Yovanovitch slapped down fairly quickly.

A question was asked about a briefing book. I think it was for her Senate confirmation hearing, but not certain of this.

Anyway, they asked if Burisma was in this briefing book, and she said yes. Then they asked the names of other companies listed in the book, and she said she couldn't recall.

Old 11-16-2019, 06:04 AM

16,759 posts, read 8,218,912 times
She was fired because of the scam Trump is running for MONEY.

The whole mess is because she would not set up a corrupt scam to get Perry's donor's a 50 year contract.

It will come down that someone in Trump's family was involved.

She has ethic's. Something Trump does not have.

Old 11-16-2019, 06:04 AM

89,029 posts, read 44,853,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
They didn't.
Incorrect. You can hear it directly from Yovanovitch's mouth. At 3:20, here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6DsCEyQoYyk&t=

Old 11-16-2019, 06:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjbradleynyc View Post
Well, she was canned after 3 years in this position, and is basically highly, highly irritated and upset that she was let go.

She basically shed light on the fact she was let go by mean ole Trump and he intimidated her, along with Guiliani.

Pretty solid, credible witness overall. I'd say the Schift circus knocked this one out of the park. I give it 10 out of 10 clown faces. LMAO
"and is basically highly, highly irritated and upset that she was let go."

To be clear she was NOT let go. SHE WAS transferred a comfortable gig as he SAME pay.

"and he intimidated her" If she is so easily intimidated, she has NO business being an ambassador.

"Pretty solid, credible witness" What did she witness? NOTHING related to the claims by the dems on the committee.

She WASN'T even there during the phone call in question.

She asked if she knew of ANY crime Trump committed, she replied,"NO"!

Old 11-16-2019, 06:12 AM

16,759 posts, read 8,218,912 times
WH and lawyers now making conflicting statement over who made error with readout's.

Blame being placed on who ever they can. Follows the same throw stuff against the wall and hope it stick's.

This is so funny.

Trump is a fool.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies