Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-15-2019, 11:12 PM

89,029 posts, read 44,853,831 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
I'm interested in seeing your source for that claim
Yovanovitch got caught lying to Congress under oath today. Earlier in the thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post
This is devastating for Marie Yovanovitch, and the dems.

The Obama administration made Marie Yovanovitch aware of the conflicts of interest with the Bidens in her senate confirmation preparation, yet Yovanovitch lied, and said she was not aware of the issues with the Bidens, and Burisma.

Will Marie Yovanovitch be prosecuted for lying to congress?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6DsCEyQoYyk&t

Old 11-16-2019, 01:29 AM

8,634 posts, read 10,155,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyndarn View Post
Yet you have NOT even mentioned said "Political Appointee's" interfering with American interests?? So I ask~~ What's your POINT?

Sondland EU appointed Ambassador, actually DID interfere with Foreign Affairs and American Interests by directions of DJT in collusion with Giuliani, Rick Perry, etc.!!

I cannot get your comparison .. Sondland became of weapon to promote alternate American ( normal) agenda.. but there's ZERO historical evidence previous Political appointed Ambassadors EVER interfering with American Foreign agenda's.. EVER EVER!!

Sure looking forward to Sondland's testimony next week? I predict, a lot of 5th amendment declarations by him. He knows he was caught .. Knows he culpable... and sure he regrets ever wasting 1 million $$$$ to get involved with DJT!!
What the hell are you yelling at me for?? My post wasn't even directed towards you. Me thinks some on here need to calm down.

BYEeeeee.

Old 11-16-2019, 01:46 AM

8,634 posts, read 10,155,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lieneke View Post
Bribing is the word that was introduced today so the masses could understand the meaning of obstruction of justice. It's not bribery in the typical sense, more like creating new conditions for the release of something that is already due. Trump would release critical military aid to Ukraine if Ukraine agreed to do Trump a personal favor. That personal favor was for Ukraine to investigate a political opponent. It may have included badmouthing the ambassador.

It looks like Trump did do some of that. Can it be proven? It seems that today the prosecution laid out the point that Ukraine was extremely vulnerable, and a delay in military support weakened the EU defense against Russia.

Trump's tantrum today during the inquiry was bizarre. He thinks he's hitting back harder, but he's just lashing out. He's a funny little man.
Really? I thought it was introduced because the DNC conducted focus groups to determine which description sounds more damning.

Old 11-16-2019, 04:17 AM

51,654 posts, read 25,828,130 times
Bribery is in the Constitution as one of the impeachable offenses.

Plus, bribery is what was actually going on. Always a plus to use the correct term.

Old 11-16-2019, 04:19 AM

51,654 posts, read 25,828,130 times
According to reports, Holmes connected Trump directly to Zelinsky in this bribery and extortion scam.

More refreshments from Sondlan.

Isn't he due to testify on Wednesday?

Old 11-16-2019, 04:20 AM

30,373 posts, read 19,170,654 times
Wild Eyes Skippy's impeachment about nothing with the 3 blind mice witnesses has been a big turd that is driving the Dims into the grave they dug for themselves....fun to watch (not the faux impeachment, the Dims careening to the grave)

Old 11-16-2019, 04:34 AM

7,132 posts, read 4,769,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
even democrats don’t think this is going to work out for them.

MAJORITY OF DEMOCRATS BELIEVE TRUMP IMPEACHMENT PROCEEDINGS WILL FAIL, PRESIDENT WILL COMPLETE FIRST TERM, SAYS NEW POLL
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.new...471650%3famp=1
Depends on what you mean by fail. Trump may not be convicted but I think the American people deserve to know what he is up to. If it weren't for these proceedings people would be in the dark about Trump's shenanigans and criminality. If he has done nothing wrong, he should not have a problem with his behavior being publicized through these hearings, after all, when it comes out in the media he always claims it is fake news. So let the American people hear directly what is going on in our government so they can decide for themselves whether he is doing the job they want him to be doing.

Old 11-16-2019, 04:46 AM

59,088 posts, read 27,330,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryl_G View Post
That went horribly for the Republicans.

1. Who is that lawyer for the Republicans, he doesn’t have a lot of room to work with given Trumps tweets but darn.

2. She illustrated that the campaign to jerk Ukraine around for an investigation started well before the mythical phone call. In fact it seems It was going on as early as April 2019.

3. Rudy is being left out in the rain. Remains to be seen what he will do if he gets desperate or Trump turns on him. Rudy buries e skeletons and could easily pull them back out.

4. Why was Trump smearing her? No single Republican seems to have a clue and praised her constantly. It wasn’t enough to let her go, it required him to stab her in the back on the way out?

5. Mike Pompeo needs to start talking. He could clear this up fast one way or the other.

There are witnesses set to testify next week have 1st hand knowledge so this hearsay argument will be challenged.

No jacket Jim is looking lost in his post press conference. This is getting harder and harder to find a good angle of attack for Republicans.
"Why was Trump smearing her?" So, saying the new President in the Ukraine did not feel comfortable with her is now "smearing"?

We heard all about her "stellar' career" so what DID happen in Samolia and what was her job then?

Why does may on the left take everything to the must outrageous degree?

"Flashback: That Time Obama Brutally Fired All Of Bush's Ambassadors" I don't recall ANY dem asking any of them, "how do you FEEL?" or
"FLASHBACK: When Bill Clinton Had 93 U.S. Attorneys FIRED IN ONE DAY!

https://americanlookout.com/flashbac...one-day-video/

Did a any em ask, "how do you feel?"

"Former President Barack Obama slaughtered scores of Bush appointees, brutally terminating their employment." And we never heard a word from the dems complaining about it.

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/mattve...adors-n2556576

Last edited by Quick Enough; 11-16-2019 at 05:19 AM..

Old 11-16-2019, 04:58 AM

59,088 posts, read 27,330,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
Why does no one question the appropriateness of the president of the United States getting on social media deriding a US career diplomat? Is Trump's crazy behavior the new normal and so typical that no one even bats an eye at this? Everyone thinks it's fine? Name any US president who has gotten on social media during their term and mocked their employees. Name one, because I can't think of any. Did either of the Bushes? Clinton? Obama? Help me out here.
Pleas STOP with the sudden "care"

I can post all day on where the dems, to include obama, bill clinton, peolosi, shumer, schiff, the list goes all the way back to John Tower who asked after his judge confirmation hearing, "where do I go to get my reputation back?" ,"deriding" every repub under the sun.

Do I have to post all the things the left has said about Trump? And I don't recall you EVER coming to HIS defense.

I don't recall you defending Judge Kavanaugh and going after all the dems who DID "deride"' him when he was being "derided"!

Many on the left show EVERY day, they can dish out out but, CAN"T TAKE IT!

Old 11-16-2019, 04:59 AM

27,575 posts, read 28,680,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Plus, bribery is what was actually going on. Always a plus to use the correct term.
Yovanovitch testified that she has no knowledge of Trump taking any bribes or committing any crimes. Taylor and Kent stated that they do not know of any impeachable offense that Trump committed.

Why do the Democrats want to continue with the impeachment hearings at this point?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies