Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-16-2019, 06:13 AM

51,654 posts, read 25,828,130 times

Advertisements

Yovanovitch wasn't fired.

She was relieved of her post and told to catch the next plane out of Ukraine for security reasons.

Nobody is saying that Trump can't replace her with someone else. He can. The question is why smear her with lies?

It's been six months since Trump told Pompeo to get her out of there. Though Bill Taylor has been assigned as Chargé d'Affaires, Trump has still not nominated a new ambassador.

From all accounts, she has had an exemplary 33 year career. Why smear her with lies?

The evidence so far points to her working against corruption, and this interfered with Trump's plans.

Old 11-16-2019, 06:15 AM

59,088 posts, read 27,330,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
You gotta love this one.

Schiff: "what if [Trump] could put a person into the position of Ambassador with no experience"?

Oh, you mean like Obama and Caroline Kennedy?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aB-k...ature=youtu.be
Many ambassadors are appointed as a reward to big donors, etc. who have ZERO "ambassador" or State Dept experience.

Old 11-16-2019, 06:16 AM

6,933 posts, read 2,391,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post

She was relieved of her post and told to catch the next plane out of Ukraine for security reasons.

Nobody is saying that Trump can't replace her with someone else. He can. The question is why smear her with lies?

It's been six months since Trump told Pompeo to get her out of there. Though Bill Taylor has been assigned as Chargé d'Affaires, Trump has still not nominated a new ambassador.

From all accounts, she has had an exemplary 33 year career. Why smear her with lies?

The evidence so far points to her working against corruption, and this interfered with Trump's plans.
How does that make you feel?

Let me guess....

Old 11-16-2019, 06:17 AM

996 posts, read 379,337 times
After watching the first first ten minutes of this Show, I stated that it was a Soap Opera. It was an absolute disgrace that Congress should be conducting an exit interview that had absolutely nothing to do with Impeachment.

What a complete waste of time except for the DNC MSM, who went on and on with their Talking Heads .Sinking as low as “ You go Girl “ by one Dem making the connection that somehow being a woman was a contributing factor to her dismissal.

I don’t know how much lower Dems can go.

Old 11-16-2019, 06:17 AM

89,029 posts, read 44,853,831 times
Quote:

Not when she assisted the Obama Admin in covering up the Biden corruption. They even coached her on how to answer questions about that in her Senate confirmation hearing. That sure looks like she's PRO-corruption, not anti-corruption.

Old 11-16-2019, 06:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Oh I think it is more basic than that.

Trump has no concept of foreign diplomacy...I'm not talking knowledge or experience....concept.

He's a man who over simplified many of the issues he thought he could fix. Who knew healthcare was so complicated? Who knew trying to China to agree to USA terms was so complicated? Who knew peace with Kim Jung Un was no complicated?

I think Trump saw Guilliani as some political expert and let him have his way with trying to coerce the Ukraine into announcing an investigation into the Bidens. Remember -- none of this was important in 2017...somehow this summer as Biden's clear standing as the front runner (still...even with other Dems coming close in every poll Biden easily beats Trump).......Trump's incompetence, naivety, ignorance, lack of intelligence gave Guilliani free reign.

Why not Jared?
"Trump has no concept of foreign diplomacy...I'm not talking knowledge or experience....concept."

Trump HAS experience dealing with foreign government leaders while building golf courses and resorts in their countries.

Where did obama or clinton or ANY new president get their "concept of foreign diplomacy...I'm not talking knowledge or experience....concept."?

Trump has more experience on this then ALL of them combined.

"(still...even with other Dems coming close in every poll Biden easily beats Trump)."

After the last elation poll debacle, I would be embarrassed to even bring them up!

Old 11-16-2019, 06:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
Yovanovitch has served in the Foreign Service for 33 years. To suddenly be recalled with no explantion is fishy by itself.
She was NOT an ambassador for 33 years.

If you worked for ABC company for 33 years does NOT automatically make you eligible to become the CEO.

"Flashback: That Time Obama Brutally Fired All Of Bush's Ambassadors"https://townhall.com/tipsheet/mattve...adors-n2556576

Were they ALL incompetent?

Old 11-16-2019, 06:31 AM

16,759 posts, read 8,218,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuele View Post
After watching the first first ten minutes of this Show, I stated that it was a Soap Opera. It was an absolute disgrace that Congress should be conducting an exit interview that had absolutely nothing to do with Impeachment.

What a complete waste of time except for the DNC MSM, who went on and on with their Talking Heads .Sinking as low as “ You go Girl “ by one Dem making the connection that somehow being a woman was a contributing factor to her dismissal.

I don’t know how much lower Dems can go.
Trump added another Article of Impeachment. So it was a good day.

Pelosi was right.

Old 11-16-2019, 06:35 AM

Quote:
The COULD have been applauding the repubs on the committee!

Being YOU did NOT ask any of them, you DON'T KNOW who and why they werw applauding.

Old 11-16-2019, 06:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
But why was Guillliani campaigning to get her out. Why was he making up stories that were denied by the State Department, and Intelligence officials.
"But why was Guillliani campaigning to get her out."

The NEW president did NOT want her as the U.S. Ambassador for HIS country

Try to keep up!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies