Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-09-2019, 12:35 PM

7,272 posts, read 4,216,976 times

Advertisements

Quote:
In contrast, IG Horwitz investigation was limited in scope to a procedural review within the FBI, and to a very limited extent the DOJ.

That is my understanding. Who knows what the bad actors hid or if they lied. Maybe Durham knows.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2019, 12:36 PM

25,449 posts, read 9,817,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
Tells me that Durham is doing this as a PR move. Why did he bother making a comment if the report is coming? Now his credibility is suspect as well.
Of course. But just like Barr misrepresenting the results of the Mueller report, it wouldn't surprise me if Durham didn't do the same with his investigation. They're trying really hard to please their puppet master.

Old 12-09-2019, 12:36 PM

28,353 posts, read 16,392,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
When the indictments start, you mean.
Sure, sure. I've heard that one before, as well.

Whichever, yeah, wake me up.

If people broke the law, they should be indicted. Doesn't have anything to do with the huge amount of nothing this IG report turned into for Trump and his fans.

Old 12-09-2019, 12:37 PM

6,574 posts, read 6,745,260 times
Quote:
That Durham is poised to make different and more critical conclusions.

Keep in mind, the investigation by US Attorney Durham into these matters is much broader in scope - it covers the intelligence agencies and wherever else they need to go. In contrast, IG Horwitz investigation was limited in scope to a procedural review within the FBI, and to a very limited extent the DOJ.

Also, the Durham investigation has teeth, as to where the Horwitz audit did not. Durham has subpoena power. Horwitz did not. Durham can question present AND past employees. Horwitz was only able to question FBI/DOJ current employees. Durham can question and subpoena anyone else he wants to Horwitz could not subpoena anyone. Durham has the power to indict and prosecute. Horwitz did not.

AG Barr is working closely with US Attorney Durham on this. The Durham investigation is by far the broader and more consequential investigation. That is why anyone with a brain who follows these matters will care what AG Barr thinks. He is the boss of US Attorney John Durham.
True, but they don't care. The left are now bootlickers for the likes of the CIA & FBI. Pathetic.

57,311 posts, read 26,236,916 times
The IG report has only been out an hour and people are already looking to the Durham report. I thought Horowitz was going to recommend indictments against Page, Strzok and others and expose all the FISA abuse and spying, what happened. This was an internal investigation that included FISA abuse, I don't see a thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by illtaketwoplease View Post
That is my understanding. Who knows what the bad actors hid or if they lied. Maybe Durham knows.
If he doesn't know, and if he's like Barr, he'll just say he does.

20,702 posts, read 12,542,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
Barr's just unhappy the report didn't say what he wanted it to say. He's got to spin it somehow, just like he did the Mueller report.
Exactly!

Old 12-09-2019, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave Stranger View Post
True, but they don't care. The left are now bootlickers for the likes of the CIA & FBI. Pathetic.
We're not the ones that said the Horowitz report was going to be the death knell for Comey, Brennan, Clapper, Hillary, Obama, et al.

Old 12-09-2019, 12:39 PM

28,353 posts, read 16,392,274 times
Quote:
Barr Slams FBI for Surveilling Trump Campaign Based on ‘Thinnest of Suspicions’ In Response to IG Report

Attorney General William Barr slammed the FBI on Monday after the release of the Inspector General report detailing the agency’s investigation of the Trump campaign’s alleged ties with Russia.

“The Inspector General’s report now makes clear that the FBI launched an intrusive investigation of a U.S. presidential campaign on the thinnest of suspicions that, in my view, were insufficient to justify the steps taken,” Barr said in a statement. “It is also clear that, from its inception, the evidence produced by the investigation was consistently exculpatory.”
Just another love letter to Trump and nothing more. This should be completely unsurprising from Barr at this point.

Old 12-09-2019, 12:39 PM

7,132 posts, read 4,772,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
Is Horowitz planning on giving a speech and a summary when he releases it?

Democrats are NEVER held accountable for their lies and crimes, so I’m not holding my breath.....
That's obviously false since Clinton was impeached for just that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies