Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-11-2019, 02:43 PM

28,353 posts, read 16,392,274 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
What the FBI knows and what you don't doesn't make what you believe correct ..
And now you've completely lost me. Let's rewind.

You said that the FBI abused the FISA process "on the PRESIDENT". I pointed out how that was incorrect, then you shifted and said "Oh, you think they were really after Carter Page?" to which I asked you if you thought the FBI knew he would end up working for Trump when the initiated the first FISA warrant in 2014.

What's your answer? The above post makes zero sense within the context of our exchange.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2019, 02:49 PM

89,060 posts, read 44,866,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
Well, they initiated the first FISA for him before he was associated with the campaign, so......
Actually, no. That's 100% false. From NBC News, Interview with Pete Williams...
WILLIAMS: Based on what you know so far, is it still — do you still stand by your statement that the campaign was spied upon?
BARR: Oh, it was clearly spied upon. I mean that’s what electronic surveillance is. I think wiring people up to go in and talk to people and make recordings of their conversations is spying. I think going through people’s e-mails, which they did as a result of the FISA warrant. They went through everything, you know, from — from Page’s life —
WILLIAMS: Because he wasn’t in the campaign at that point where (INAUDIBLE) begun (ph) the surveillance?
BARR: No, but — yes, but his e-mails were — go back. I mean the main reason they were going for the FISA warrant initially was to go back historically and seize all his e-mails and texts and all that stuff from back — months and even years. So they were covering the period that he was in the campaign. And that’s exactly the reason they went for the FISA, to get that stuff.

Old 12-11-2019, 02:51 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,864,594 times
1) the presidential campaign investigation where the candidate itself is kept in the dark.... What motivations do you think the FBI had.... Don't be coy about it... You can go ahead and say it everybody including Durham already knows...

2) making up crap to give an excuse to investigate is low-ball BS tactic.. the FBI got caught and called out on it.... Do you think the FBI gave two sheets about Carter Page, he was a means to an end... They can't just jump in there because that would look like treason... Look Carter Page had a speeding ticket in Moscow or some similar BS, now we need a FISA warrant..

If you can't understand it, it's not me, it's you...or your refusal to understand what really happened....

Old 12-11-2019, 03:06 PM

8,411 posts, read 7,427,057 times
Did Graham lie? Say it ain't so.

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1204828017211715590

Old 12-11-2019, 03:07 PM

16,759 posts, read 8,220,852 times
Quote:
1) the presidential campaign investigation where the candidate itself is kept in the dark.... What motivations do you think the FBI had.... Don't be coy about it... You can go ahead and say it everybody including Durham already knows...

2) making up crap to give an excuse to investigate is low-ball BS tactic.. the FBI got caught and called out on it.... Do you think the FBI gave two sheets about Carter Page, he was a means to an end... They can't just jump in there because that would look like treason... Look Carter Page had a speeding ticket in Moscow or some similar BS, now we need a FISA warrant..

If you can't understand it, it's not me, it's you...or your refusal to understand what really happened....
Trump Campaign not in the dark.
Today the IG said that the same Intel. was given to both campaigns.
Trump and Flynn were in the meeting.
My Opinion now: The reason it was recorded was because Flynn was in the room. Flynn was dirty over his foreign lobbying. So a 301 report was warranted based on Flynn.
Remember the Acting AG Yates went to the WH to warn them Flynn was compromised once they were in the WH.

Old 12-11-2019, 03:08 PM

21,945 posts, read 9,517,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Horowitz spent a over a year investigating, how will Durham achieve what he couldn't do in a year. They had bias but the bottom line is he couldn't prove that they acted on their bias.
IG has no subpoena power outside of the government. He also cannot call former government employees. IG's are useless. Durham has no such limitations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post
Sorry I had to pick up a grand kid from school.

I think the problem lies in the FISA process as a whole. Mistakes happen. One of which is a lawyer who changed a Doc. needs to be fired and investigated.

Those mistakes should never happen. You would hope that both R's and D's could come together with a better law.

Trump and the rest of the staff never had warrants out on them. The investigation was started rightfully.

The GOP is trying their best to use this as a way to solve Trump's impeachment. Trump violated laws and the Constitution and also should be impeached.

C. Page has a case which his attorney must be just waiting to file.
These weren't mistakes. If they WERE mistakes, they wouldn't have gone against Trump 17 of 17 times.

Quote:
When a mistake happens over and over... It's not a mistake....

Old 12-11-2019, 03:09 PM

15,096 posts, read 8,641,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
No, it's simply not. Perhaps you don't know what "corruption" means? Hunter knew exactly why he was being offered that job, Burisma was using him for his famous name. That's not corrupt. Biden "disavowing" his son or not has nothing to do with "corruption", either.
Hahahahaha ..... using Hunter for his famous name!!! How rich. You should incorporate this in a standup routine. For anyone with two functioning brain cells, this company hired the Son of the Vice President of the United States. But its just a wild coincidence that the Vice President would later use 1 Billion in US Aide as payment for the firing of the prosecutor investigating them for corruption. Yeah, thats it .... just a coincidence

Quote:
People still dependent on Trump's good graces for much needed military aid aren't the most reliable witnesses when it comes to whether Trump did something shady or not.

Trump asked for a public announcement of an investigation into the Bidens. How does that serve the national interest? Not to mention that if Joe did something out of line, Ukraine would be the last place to need to investigate him - he has never fallen under Ukrainian legal jurisdiction, to the best of my knowledge.
Show us the evidence that Trump asked for such a public announcement!!!

Please, don’t confuse facts with the lies being spewed by Schiff. There is not a single shred of evidence to support such a claim!

Old 12-11-2019, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post

These weren't mistakes. If they WERE mistakes, they wouldn't have gone against Trump 17 of 17 times.

There was only 1 FISA warrant, that was on Page. They did not go against Trump.

Last edited by Oldhag1; 12-14-2019 at 08:06 AM.. Reason: Fixed formatting

Old 12-11-2019, 03:17 PM

21,945 posts, read 9,517,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post
Quote:

There was only 1 FISA warrant, that was on Page. They did not go against Trump.
You obviously have no clue how surveillance works. They get 6 degrees of separation meaning they can listen to Page and all his surrounding network. Geez. Did you think this was about Carter Page? Ever seen him interviewed? lol

Last edited by Oldhag1; 12-14-2019 at 08:07 AM.. Reason: Fixed formatting

Old 12-11-2019, 03:58 PM

Quote:

You obviously have no clue how surveillance works. They get 6 degrees of separation meaning they can listen to Page and all his surrounding network. Geez. Did you think this was about Carter Page? Ever seen him interviewed? lol
Yes I have seen him interviewed.

Page had never met Trump or the upper staff according to Page. The IG did not say that Trump was caught dealing with Page.

The only 6 was if Page was working for the Russians.

It turned out Page was working with the CIA.

This stuff right out of a T. Clancy Novel.

Last edited by Oldhag1; 12-14-2019 at 08:08 AM.. Reason: Fixed formatting
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies