Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you believe race relations are getting worse and we are moving toward racial separatism?
Yes 99 43.42%
No 129 56.58%
Voters: 228. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2019, 08:35 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,873,534 times

Advertisements

Spanish was never spoken and there were no Latin Americans in most parts of the country until very recently. Now mostly due to illegal immigration 90% of the origin and along with a policy of high immigration of the past few years they are spread through out to the Canadian border. A country with open borders is not really a country but just a failed and collapsing state. That's the leftist idea behind it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2019, 08:53 PM

73,012 posts, read 62,607,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
Spanish was never spoken and there were no Latin Americans in most parts of the country until very recently. Now mostly due to illegal immigration 90% of the origin and along with a policy of high immigration of the past few years they are spread through out to the Canadian border. A country with open borders is not really a country but just a failed and collapsing state. That's the leftist idea behind it.
Latin American immigrants were going to places like New Orleans, Tampa, New York, and Mexican immigrants were going into parts of the Midwest as early as the 1910s. Chicago's first wave of Mexican immigrants came in the 1910s. They were also going to Omaha and Detroit.

Old 12-18-2019, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Latin American immigrants were going to places like New Orleans, Tampa, New York, and Mexican immigrants were going into parts of the Midwest as early as the 1910s. Chicago's first wave of Mexican immigrants came in the 1910s. They were also going to Omaha and Detroit.
1910 is very late in the scheme of things. They've been trying to slip in some numbers but not that many were, and we use to enforce against illegal immigration. There's just no comparison. In place where virtually no Latin Americans Spanish speakers were seen or heard even as little as 10 years or so ago, there are thousands upon thousand now.

Old 12-18-2019, 09:27 PM

10,098 posts, read 4,088,791 times
Quote:
1910 is very late in the scheme of things. They've been trying to slip in some numbers but not that many were, and we use to enforce against illegal immigration. There's just no comparison. In place where virtually no Latin Americans Spanish speakers were seen or heard even as little as 10 years or so ago, there are thousands upon thousand now.
Colonization - that is what they've been doing, with the blessing of the anti Americans who call themselves politicians in this failed state.

Old 12-18-2019, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
Colonization - that is what they've been doing, with the blessing of the anti Americans who call themselves politicians in this failed state.
On top of that, the policies shipped much of the the production and opportunity out of the areas, then they invited illegal and legal immigration. They couldn't have worked harder to purposely deconstruct the society that was formed in these areas over almost two centuries.

Old 12-18-2019, 10:27 PM

15,074 posts, read 10,101,447 times
Why all the hooplah regarding the Spanish language?

Do you all think that the issue of race and immigration in this country is only about Spanish speaking peoples? Heck there are some immigrants that speak better English than Americans.

There were Spanish colonies in present day North America well before the US established....

Old 12-18-2019, 10:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by usayit View Post
Why all the hooplah regarding the Spanish language?

Do you all think that the issue of race and immigration in this country is only about Spanish speaking peoples? Heck there are some immigrants that speak better English than Americans.

There were Spanish colonies in present day North America well before the US established....
there were only 75,000 Mexicans, Hispanics north of the border when it was established in 1848. Now there are about 60 million and the sky is the limit. Because the Latin American Spanish speakers are the most numerous, mostly illegal origin and the worst offenders. I don't want any immigration and don't want to hear any foreign language in public from those of foreign origin ideally. That would be the status quo back in my home town and most parts of the country I've been just a very few years back.

Old 12-18-2019, 11:40 PM

13,561 posts, read 10,356,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
Yet you choose America over Mexico (or Honduras, or Salvador).
Well, I was born and raised in Santa Clara County, California, a state that was once part of Mexico and the Spanish Empire before that - so it's part and parcel of who I am. It's home.

Old 12-18-2019, 11:42 PM

Quote:
there were only 75,000 Mexicans, Hispanics north of the border when it was established in 1848. Now there are about 60 million and the sky is the limit. Because the Latin American Spanish speakers are the most numerous, mostly illegal origin and the worst offenders. I don't want any immigration and don't want to hear any foreign language in public from those of foreign origin ideally. That would be the status quo back in my home town and most parts of the country I've been just a very few years back.
Actually, Spanish speaking people have been in North America well before the establishment of the USA, like with St Augustine, Florida, for example.

No matter how much you spew your Hispanophobia and other ethnocentric nonsense, Latinos/Hispanics are here to stay in the good old USA. Deal with it.

Old 12-18-2019, 11:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katharsis View Post
First, I just added another sentence to my post, which admits that you might not technically be a racist.

Second, what do you mean by "you and yours"? I am NOT a liberal now (and I haven't been one since about 2009), and I do not often use the word "racist" except toward those who think that the ONLY racists are white racists. My contention is, and has always been, that I think that there are racists in almost every race of people.

But there you go making generalizations and assumptions again!

P.S. I find it VERY difficult to believe that every Spanish speaker you encounter ALWAYS speaks loudly. My suspicion is that you are just very sensitive to people around you who don't speak English.

I also think that if it bothers you so much, and it is possible for you to move to a more "Anglo" area, maybe you should consider it just to lower your stress level.
Oh, you're just too polite. That poster was and is definitely racist and xenophobic - and has been regularly called out and chastised for his rants about people speaking Spanish in public and conflating said people as illegal immigrants. To no avail, sadly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies